Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 30, 2018, 04:30 AM
What could possibly go wrong?
Build Log

DH90 Dragonfly from Ivan Pettigrew's plans

Ivan's plans have served me well for a few years now. Here's my start.

This guy has already made a success of it, and his thread has helped to inspire and educate me: ChrisS

to remove ads between posts
Mar 30, 2018, 04:33 AM
Slip the surly bonds...
Hooray! Hoorah !
Mar 30, 2018, 06:24 AM
Complete the Illusion!
Great, subscribed!!

These might do for the landing light

https://www.banggood.com/DC12V-Super...r_warehouse=CN
Mar 30, 2018, 10:14 AM
I’ll be watching too Nick. It’s another DH beauty. Now if someone could build the Express, we could have all three (Express, Rapide and Dragonfly) flying together at a BIMBO meeting!

Trevor
Mar 30, 2018, 11:21 AM
Parkcityflier
Trevor, if I'm not mistaken, you built a beautiful rendition of a Rapide several years ago. Looking at a full scale at Shuttleworth awhile back I confirmed that you really got it right. Do you have a full scale of the Dragonfly available to you to look at, too?

Jim
Mar 30, 2018, 12:27 PM
Jim,

The one shown in Nick’s opening post, based at Biggin Hill here in the UK, is one of only two airworthy Dragonflies. The other is in New Zealand, which of course Ivan used as his prototype.

My Rapide is still going strong, although it only gets flown when the conditions are right. The full size example that it’s modelled on was at the time hangared here in Bournemouth but, as you have discovered, was re-located to Old Warden shortly afterwards because the Bournemouth Aviation Museum lost its hangar to make way for a car park.

Trevor
Mar 31, 2018, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35Mhz
Great, subscribed!!

These might do for the landing light

https://www.banggood.com/DC12V-Super...r_warehouse=CN
Thanks for that. I've ordered 3 at £1.28 each.
Mar 31, 2018, 07:39 AM
CH Spring
Good luck with the build. I will follow along.

Cheers!
Mar 31, 2018, 11:29 AM
Slip the surly bonds...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorh
Iíll be watching too Nick. Itís another DH beauty. Now if someone could build the Express, we could have all three (Express, Rapide and Dragonfly) flying together at a BIMBO meeting!

Trevor
"Someone " says it is too big. But oh so tempting. Someone has other models to consider first, however.
Mar 31, 2018, 03:01 PM
oh, go on.....

Apr 01, 2018, 07:46 AM
Some work on the cockpit........

You all know what an impatient builder I am. I was not looking forward to these fiddly bits, but Ivan's plans have proved one again that nothing is too difficult, even for me.

Apr 01, 2018, 08:24 AM
Sighned up Nick , always enjoy a Ivanís build ! Joe
Apr 02, 2018, 04:23 PM
Got you added to the build thread list Nick. You've already made a good start and wetted everyone's appetite for more, that's the way to do it.
Apr 03, 2018, 07:03 AM
Now this is moving into some decision making for me, specially to be sure that the covering will look like the real thing. No hungry horse effects.
Apr 03, 2018, 12:13 PM
Slip the surly bonds...
Nice looking plane Nick. She's only going to get better and better.

Quick Reply