Mar 30, 2018, 07:29 AM
I put a 60amp in mine before I even maidened
. anyone on this forum should know that .
to remove ads between posts
Mar 30, 2018, 07:52 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Area81Racing
Same part number or not, HH must have enhanced the cooling of the ESC (as they clearly have indicated in the video) to allow full " Horizon Hobby Warrantied Operation " on 4S, which is a true upgrade. The HH weblink above proves that Blondie was never marketed as a 4S plane.

Quote Mikey 68 " Also there was no over heating " That is B.S. Good luck Mikey! Especially in the heat of the California summer.

I flew two Blondie's into the ground on 4S before finally upgrading to Hobbywing 60A ESC's. Plenty of others on Blondie's RCG thread and the E-Flite 5 Bladed Spitfire threads have as well.
Then don't fly the new one on 4s or you will fly them into the ground. Maybe also don't fly them WOT the whole time
Mar 30, 2018, 10:25 AM
So, does anyone know for sure if there was a change made to the 40A ESC to accommodate 4S? I really like the looks of the Blondie better and if I can find one as they are now discontinued I'd like to snatch one up before they become unicorns. The only thing that would hold me back is if I could not run 4s on the Blondie safely. Or perhaps get one and upgrade stock ESC. Thoughts?
Mar 30, 2018, 11:58 AM
yawn
Mar 30, 2018, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Area81Racing
Same part number or not, HH must have enhanced the cooling of the ESC (as they clearly have indicated in the video) to allow full " Horizon Hobby Warrantied Operation " on 4S, which is a true upgrade. The HH weblink above proves that Blondie was never marketed as a 4S plane.

Quote Mikey 68 " Also there was no over heating " That is B.S. Good luck Mikey! Especially in the heat of the California summer.

I flew two Blondie's into the ground on 4S before finally upgrading to Hobbywing 60A ESC's. Plenty of others on Blondie's RCG thread and the E-Flite 5 Bladed Spitfire threads have as well.
Umm... they also said that they now recommend the 4S for the other models. They didnt touch the ESC...
Mar 30, 2018, 07:30 PM
Suspended Account
They didnt upgrade the esc, the esc is a esc , it could always run 4s even in the blondie. They just werent sure about it and to be on the safe side they said 3s only. In this video they said they tested the plane on 4s and found it worked fine , So if you have the Blondie it will work fine on 4s as well. I have over 100 flights with mine on 4s and also a bunch others fly 4s with zero problems
LIVE Q&A - E-Flite P-51D Mustang 1.2m (15 min 27 sec)
Mar 31, 2018, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey 68
They didnt upgrade the esc, the esc is a esc , it could always run 4s even in the blondie. They just werent sure about it and to be on the safe side they said 3s only. In this video they said they tested the plane on 4s and found it worked fine , So if you have the Blondie it will work fine on 4s as well. I have over 100 flights with mine on 4s and also a bunch others fly 4s with zero problems
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gcc99hAR-Y
I 100% agree with you.
Mar 31, 2018, 12:48 AM
DFS#000178
Basically, they said "We tested it a lot on 4S and we now officially recommend a 4S setup" with the same electronics it had in it.

It's just a new paint scheme with a SAFE Select RX.
Mar 31, 2018, 01:57 AM
Anything that gives me a High
Eflite used to make nice planes but now they are becoming just another foam plane company.
Mar 31, 2018, 02:00 AM
DFS#000178
Really wish they'd bring their balsa stuff back. They had so many nice balsa planes over the years.
Mar 31, 2018, 04:33 AM
Oh my god a p51 mustang!!!

On a side note : If other planes (such as axis planes) are not very good for sales, please tell us why you did sell the parkzone Bf109G for so long, and listed it as "top seller" on Hobbyzone website for years.
Last edited by Splaf; Mar 31, 2018 at 04:50 AM.
Mar 31, 2018, 03:49 PM
Ive been wanting a mustang and would of bought blondie but held off bc i couldn’t find a lot of spares.

I like this plane but just don’t like the livery. May have to get one and redo the scheme.

I’ll never complain about a new plane. Just glad we have options.
Mar 31, 2018, 07:34 PM
I think HH lost there mind ! This is just my 2 cents . But this is the same thing they did to the snortin bull p 47 . same plane ! but they made it green ! ( I bought the checkerd cowl and put it on my old one , looks great ) If they would had put the blondie out as a PNP , I would have had one in the hanger now. I was not going to spend $270 for a plane when all I was going to do was take out all that junk receiver and go old school . Now there putting this out . I think its ugly !! I have the eflite 1200 p47 , its one of my best , been flying her stock w/ 4s right of the box . Well fellas as I ramble on here , im looking at my fliteline 1200 spitfire and bearcat , maidens are coming up soon ? at $200 , its a no brainer ! plus you got Motion , as said just my 2. HappyLandings
Apr 01, 2018, 01:05 AM
Quote:
The E-flite P-51D Mustang 1.2m airplane has operational flaps, retracts and 3–4S LiPo compatibility, plus optional SAFE Select flight protection that makes history’s most famous fighter easier than ever to enjoy.
Ehem, more famous than the Spitfire? Nah, I dont think so. I wouldnt be surprised if the Messerschmidt is at least equally famous as well.
Apr 01, 2018, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrre
Ehem, more famous than the Spitfire? Nah, I dont think so.
I thought exactly the same as I read the intro.

Quick Reply