E-flite P-51D Mustang 1.2m BNF Basic with AS3X

The E-flite P-51D Mustang 1.2m airplane has operational flaps, retracts and 3–4S LiPo compatibility, plus optional SAFE Select flight protection that makes history’s most famous fighter easier than ever to enjoy.

Splash

This P-51D Mustang model replicates a legendary U.S. Army Air Core fighter used with the 20th Fighter Group

From E-flite

The P-51D delivered the performance, weapons, and range well-trained pilots could wield to outmatch any challenger of the day. Even after WWII, thousands of Mustangs remained in service with proud nations around the globe—some till as late as 1980. The E-flite P-51D Mustang 1.2m replica captures a peak example of the legendary U.S. Army Air Corps fighter that delivers the kind of scale-flight experience that makes enjoying history’s most celebrated fighter more enjoyable than ever.

The realistic four-blade propeller, outline and cockpit detail highlight the devoted attention given to pull off a popular subject like the Mustang this well. Its functional flaps feature the precision of independent servo operation while electric retractable main landing gear provides reliability and scale-like movement. Construction with EPO foam keeps the overall weight low while maintaining a level of durability that makes flying a scale sensation, like this Mustang, practical enough to enjoy every day. The installed power system offers outstanding performance when used with a 3S LiPo battery. Go beyond ballistic and fly with 4S power—no equipment change required. Whether you’re an intermediate or advanced pilot, the P-51D Mustang 1.2m has the detail, and more the flight quality you need to experience what piloting a legendary thoroughbred is all about.

E-Flite P-51D Mustang 1.2m PNP and BNF Basic with AS3X and SS (4 min 9 sec)

Specs

• Approximate Assembly Time: Less than 1 Hour
  • Completion Level: Bind-N-Fly Basic
  • Flaps: Yes
  • Flying Weight: 1530g
  • Length: 41.9" (1065mm)
  • Material: Foam
  • Minimum Required Radio: 6+ Channel
  • Minimum Speed Control: 40A Brushless (installed)
  • Motor Size: 15-Size Brushless Outrunner (installed)
  • Propeller Size: 4-Blade 10.5x8
  • Recommended Motor Battery: 2200-3000mAh 3-4S LiPo with EC3 Connector (sold separately)
  • Retracts: Yes
  • Servos: 9-Gram Micro (6 installed)
  • Wingspan: 48" (1219mm)

Photos

AS3X Receiver with Optional SAFE Select Technology

This Bind-N-Fly® Basic model is equipped with a 6-channel 2.4GHz DSMX® receiver with AS3X (Artificial Stabilization – 3-aXis) that provides a robust connection to your Spektrum™ transmitter, plus works behind the scenes to deliver smoother flight by sensing and countering the effects of wind and turbulence. The result is a sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you’re flying a larger and expertly tuned aircraft.

If you’re a relatively new pilot or want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional SAFE® Select flight protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.

With SAFE Select features enabled, you get:

Pitch and Bank Angle Limits

These keep the aircraft from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles during takeoff and landing. Automatic Self-Leveling

Instantly returns the wings to level when the sticks are released. It’s also helpful if you ever need to hand launch the airplane. Easy Switch Assignment-No Programming Required

The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn't require any programming and takes just a few seconds.

Learn More

Head over to the Horizon site for pricing and more info!

Mar 29, 2018, 12:45 PM
Suspended Account
FMS makes nice planes
Mar 29, 2018, 12:47 PM
I believe that’s Army Air Corps - not Core
Mar 29, 2018, 03:02 PM
I cannot believe they came out with another Mustang. Good thing Motion RC is around.
Mar 29, 2018, 03:19 PM
Wing Commander of 50+ Aircraft

I Prefer " Blondes "

Not bad, but I Prefer " Blondes "

I'll still take one because I crashed mine recently.

The upgrade to 4S ESC is the only upgrade I care about, but I guess to keep up with their latest 1.2mm's, HH needed to add Safe Select. I would have preferred they stayed with the " Blondie " livery tho. She was a beaut!
Mar 29, 2018, 03:24 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Area81Racing
Not bad, but I Prefer " Blondes "

I'll still take one because I crashed mine recently.

The upgrade to 4S ESC is the only upgrade I care about, but I guess to keep up with their latest 1.2mm's, HH needed to add Safe Select. I would have preferred they stayed with the " Blondie " livery tho. She was a beaut!
The last one flew on 4s as well
Mar 29, 2018, 03:26 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogCrewChief
I cannot believe they came out with another Mustang. Good thing Motion RC is around.
Its not another but the same one they had called. Blondie just different color
Mar 29, 2018, 03:30 PM
Call it what you want but it’s a new Mustang.
Mar 29, 2018, 03:56 PM
Suspended Account
Same airplane. New color .
Mar 29, 2018, 04:26 PM
Blondie was always spec’d out as a 3S plane. —> https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...-basic-efl8250

Trust me, it flew on 4S, but 20 (or so) flights later, the ESC would succumbe to heat failure. Well documented in the Blondie thread. HH alludes to the 4S upgrade and subsequent ESC heat reduction in the video.

Touting 3000m/ah recommended battery too...
Mar 29, 2018, 04:54 PM
I can only assume there will be a Hangar 9 20cc released since that slot is empty too...
Mar 29, 2018, 06:56 PM
I think this has the same powerplant as the corsair and p47... 15 size brushless motor, 10.5x8 prop and 40 amp esc. Why didnt they advertise them with 4s?

I know my 5 blade spitfire on 4s pushes 44 amp with 544 watts...
Mar 29, 2018, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Blondie was always spec’d out as a 3S plane. —> https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...-basic-efl8250

Trust me, it flew on 4S, but 20 (or so) flights later, the ESC would succumbe to heat failure. Well documented in the Blondie thread. HH alludes to the 4S upgrade and subsequent ESC heat reduction in the video.

According the HH website the 40amp ESC, BL15 motor & 10.5x8 - 4 blade prop are the same part #'s as my Blondie. What is different that allows this new P51 to run a 4S pack without the well documented overheating issues the Blondie had on 4S?
Mar 29, 2018, 09:11 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:

Its got the same esc , they both do 4s , theres no 4s upgrade. Also there was no over heating , Its the same plane with the same electronics , just differnt color scheame
Mar 30, 2018, 05:27 AM
Same part number or not, HH must have enhanced the cooling of the ESC (as they clearly have indicated in the video) to allow full " Horizon Hobby Warrantied Operation " on 4S, which is a true upgrade. The HH weblink above proves that Blondie was never marketed as a 4S plane.

Quote Mikey 68 " Also there was no over heating " That is B.S. Good luck Mikey! Especially in the heat of the California summer.

I flew two Blondie's into the ground on 4S before finally upgrading to Hobbywing 60A ESC's. Plenty of others on Blondie's RCG thread and the E-Flite 5 Bladed Spitfire threads have as well.
Last edited by Area81Racing; Mar 30, 2018 at 05:43 AM.

Quick Reply