Durafly Supermarine Spitfire Mk24 V2 with Retracts/Flaps/Nav Lights

Durafly keeps the cool stuff coming with this updated V2 Supermarine Mk24 Spitfire. This is a 1100mm Wingspan foamie airplane that comes detailed with a nice trim scheme and plenty of features.

Splash

$210 Spitfire from Durafly

Durafly keeps the cool stuff coming with this updated V2 Supermarine Mk24 Spitfire. This is a 1100mm Wingspan foamie airplane that comes detailed with a nice trim scheme and plenty of features. The scale details look great in the photos and we love the quality of life extras like ball link control hardware, quick assembly and easy battery access.

The power plant included is a 550Kv 3536 Aerostar motor with a 45A ESC spinning a 5 Blade 11" scale prop. You need to supply your own 4S 2200mAH lipo and a receiver to get her going. Other features include split flaps, electric retracts, rubber tires, gear doors and navigation lights. This thing is packed and it only costs $210.25.

Feature List:

• Fantastic Scale Detail
  • The only Mk24 Spitfire available in this size
  • Ball Links on all controls
  • Superior 550KV motor and 45A ESC
  • 5 Blade Propeller
  • Quality Construction & Finish
  • Wide flight envelope, stable & predictable with excellent aerobatic precision
  • Plug & Fly, simply add RX and Lipo (not included) and fly!
  • Split Flaps with slow servos for added realism and to help prevent ballooning
  • Servoless Retracts with rubber tires & gear doors
  • Navigation Lights
  • Easy and Fast Construction
  • Fast access Battery hatch
  • Steerable Tail Wheel
  • Forward raked landing gear to help prevent nose overs

Check out the Durafly Supermarine Spitfire Mk24 V2 with Retracts/Flaps/Nav Lights at HobbyKing

Mar 28, 2018, 07:09 PM
Walked away from all landings

Duafly Spitfire Mk24 Props and parts

This plane looks to be quite interesting.

Too bad that when you check for parts, there are few parts, not even props or spinners listed.

When will HK have at least the spare props and spinners available?

Are there any alternate sources for the five blade props and spinners?
Mar 28, 2018, 08:19 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRhone
This plane looks to be quite interesting.

Too bad that when you check for parts, there are few parts, not even props or spinners listed.

When will HK have at least the spare props and spinners available?

Are there any alternate sources for the five blade props and spinners?
Right here and in stock
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/duraflyt...___store=en_us

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/duraflyt...___store=en_us
Mar 28, 2018, 10:04 PM
Walked away from all landings

HK and their expensive shipping options

I live in Canada, HK wants $37.65 for the S&H for two sets of props. I have no idea why HK uses FedEx for all of their shipping now, they used to give you the option of using USPS. FedEx also has a brokers fee which is collected from the purchaser on top of their S&H amount. Their must be a kick back from FedEx for HK using them exclusively.

I only use HK and their Global Warehouse, which has no props or spinners in stock, hardly any parts for this plane.
Mar 29, 2018, 12:25 AM
Suspended Account
FedEx for me is cheaper then USPS plus I get it in a few days instead of a week
Mar 29, 2018, 05:21 PM
rob
Still no wing dihedral
Apr 02, 2018, 04:08 PM
yank and bank!!
Nice to see the plane for sale again.... wish it still had the red spinner.
Apr 02, 2018, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob66
Still no wing dihedral
We would have had to change the entire mould of the Mk24 to add further huge design changes.

We have alot of new, version 2 and version 3 models coming soon !!

Speaking of Spitfires the Avios Spitfire is just around the corner and as your a Spitfire fan let me know your favorite Mk1a scheme and we might make it happen!!

Stephen
Latest blog entry: Gold
Apr 15, 2018, 10:50 PM
Ken Stuhr
So what about more spare parts? Fuse? Wing? Tail? Same as V1 so why aren't they listed???
Apr 16, 2018, 02:47 AM
rob
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHobbyking
We would have had to change the entire mould of the Mk24 to add further huge design changes.

Speaking of Spitfires the Avios Spitfire is just around the corner and as your a Spitfire fan let me know your favorite Mk1a scheme and we might make it happen!!

Stephen
hi Stephen. I did my durafly as RN-D which is displayed in London's science museum. that would be my choice for the new mk1.
Last edited by rob66; Apr 16, 2018 at 02:59 AM.
Apr 16, 2018, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHobbyking

Stephen
This time I will not miss out on the MK1a!
The original scheme is very nice.
Apr 16, 2018, 02:56 PM
Most people are stupid!
Loved my V1 but used to be $150. Don't see what the extra $60 gives in value. Specially with no wing dihedral.
May 12, 2018, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyken
So what about more spare parts? Fuse? Wing? Tail? Same as V1 so why aren't they listed???
Buyer beware!

I broke my prop shaft and now im grounded with this plane

Hobbyking wants me to buy a new motor $35 usd just to get the $3.00 prop shaft...

so you have to buy a new motor every time you break of bend a shaft?

Does anyone know who makes these planes for hobbyking so I can back engineer a part from another plane?
Last edited by Canx; May 12, 2018 at 01:59 PM.
May 12, 2018, 10:14 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canx
I broke my prop shaft and now im grounded with this plane

Hobbyking wants me to buy a new motor $35 usd just to get the $3.00 prop shaft...

so you have to buy a new motor every time you break of bend a shaft?

Does anyone know who makes these planes for hobbyking so I can back engineer a part from another plane?
HK makes the planes for HK
May 12, 2018, 12:27 PM
So Mikey you’re saying hobby king manufactures this plane in house?..has thier own factory

Wow...and you know this how? ...
Last edited by Canx; May 12, 2018 at 02:00 PM.

Quick Reply