This thread is privately moderated by mudman1959, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 27, 2018, 11:03 AM
Live to fly... Fly to live
Thread OP
Cool

A New "ZAGI" Update: 04/11/18

Traded off the Zagi Fixx for a New Zagi... The Zagi HP... EPP Foam, 48 inch wingspan. The build to start soon!

Mudman1959

And the Build starts...
Got a chance today to start the build on my New ZAGI HP 48 inch EPP Wing. They have updated the kits with carbon fiber strips for the top and bottom of the wings to keep the "Ole Zagi Flap" to a minimum. It also has a Plywood main spar that gets reinforced with a carbon fiber strip. Mine came with a roll of Fiber reinforcement tape and two rolls of the colored tape. The hardware kit is very complete including the pushrods, pushrod control clips and plastic control horns, all good quality parts. I had a older Ducted fan laying around that has a great can motor, unsure of the KVA but I am sure it will turn a 5x5 APC on a 4 cell lipo with no problems , going to have to buy a few batteries. So after a bit of surgery it was removed from the fan assembly and now lives in the Zagi. The Plastic parts have all been updated to .060″ Styrene which is definitely stronger! This one should be a fun one to fly... Stay tuned

Mudman1959

May 9, 2018 (0 min 55 sec)

Well it flew... One round around the patch to get it trimmed in and then I threw the juice to it.... It torque rolled into the top of a tree and made it all the way to the ground. Only damage was one wingtip fin was MIA. The prop even survived!

https://www.facebook.com/dave.walter...907577/?type=3
Last edited by mudman1959; Feb 14, 2019 at 09:34 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2018, 08:43 AM
Thread OP

All fixed...

New wingtips... 1/8 inch Coroplast with a large tongue depressor for added support.

Mudman1959
Jul 10, 2019, 06:04 PM
Thread OP
I finally got a chance to get this one back up in the air recently... As long as you go easy on the throttle it flies Great! But put the juice to it even at altitude and speed and it torques over really hard. The motor really screams to the point it busted the 5 x 5.25 APC prop which in turn ended flying for the time. I may have to mix in some left turn to counteract the torque at full throttle. Other than that the wing flies great!

Mudman1959

Quick Reply