Mar 25, 2018, 07:08 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

"Hobby Lobby EARLY Mini Telemaster Kit HLA101 45"

I flew and loved a Telemaster 40 back in the late 70's and early 80's with a Mac's piped OS .40 glow and don't even remember what happened to that bird other than I sold it!

I know I sold the original TM 40 for a realistic price back in the days before import bARFS when you could build a kit and make a buck or two when you sold it. Well before the times of bARF's built by 8 year old girls in China for 1/3 the price of the kit. .

Many years back I bought another early version Telemaster 40 kit same as my original one for twice the price of the original!!!. Built it for electric with ailerons and flaps. It has been sitting in the build room 100% built but uncovered for years. Yet again, many years ago I bought an early Mini Telemaster kit 3 channel 45" wingspan kit from HOBBY LOBBY WAY before they had to change their name..... I built the fuse and that's ready to go. The wing parts are still in the box. Nothing I like LESS than flying 3 channel R.E.T. aircraft. That's why I didn't build the wing. Was planning on a flap/aileron setup like the big brother .40 size. Just never got around to building it. Now that I'm selling off/giving away planes I'm trying to decide just what I want to keep. The Telemaster series is one. If the mini will fly as good as the .40 then the big bird is outta here to make some room! I really need the room smaller planes will give me.

I can figure out wing mods on my own and have added flaps/ailerons to several aircraft but would love to see what others have come up with for this EARLY VERSION Mini Telemaster 3 channel wing. Guess I could pretty much copy the original .40 size bird but hey, we have some pretty smart guys here. I would rather steal ideas from the smart guys......

Joe
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply