Mar 22, 2018, 04:24 PM
Aedificem ergo sum
Thread OP
New Product

New micro brick Rx from Overskyrc?

Apologies if this is old news, but I spotted this today at Overskyrc.com - http://www.overskyrc.com/index.php?m...L-RX6H&x=0&y=0

Standard brick Rx with two linear servos, aileron/reverse aileron connectors, brushed ESC, and a bonus brushless ESC PPM output pad. Claimed weight is 3.5g including battery connector, and it comes in DSM2/X, FlySky AFHDS, Futaba SFHSS, and FrSky D8 protocols for those without Spektrum Txs.

I ordered one today and am patiently awaiting the slow boat...

Mike C.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 23, 2018, 10:51 AM
hdowding
Thanks for the information and link, Mike. Since $3 flat rate shipping is available, it's not a bad deal. My experience with Oversky has been good, so I'll order one to try out.
Mar 23, 2018, 11:49 AM
hdowding
Speaking of rxs from Oversky, has anyone used this one?

http://www.overskyrc.com/24g-5ch-dsm...500-p-523.html
Mar 23, 2018, 01:54 PM
Aedificem ergo sum
Thread OP
I ordered one of those too, but I believe it is the same as this Dasmikro branded one from Banggood that I previously bought. So far, I've only hooked a battery connector and servo up to make sure it works (which it does) but have yet to put one in a plane.
Sep 18, 2018, 12:33 PM
Kind of late answering, but thought I would anyways.

I have used the Banggood equivalent of that Rx in a couple of planes now and love it. Mighty small pads to solder to is the only challenge. I haven't had any problems with it in the air. I have run a battery all the way down to 3.2 volts resting (probably lower in the air right before landing) and the Rx has been solid as a rock. Some Rx's are fussy with arming some brushless ESC's, but I haven't had a single problem with this one yet (with three different ESC's tested).

I don't think there is a smaller Rx out there anywhere near its price range (I think I own 4 of them now, flown 2 of them).
It is becoming my goto Rx for any plane below 40 grams.

Edit:
Just to be clear, I was referring to the DasMikro DSM2 5CH 2.4Ghz RC Micro Receiver from the previous two posts (not the brick of the original post).

Tim
Last edited by Tim Cullip; Sep 18, 2018 at 02:01 PM.
Sep 18, 2018, 01:01 PM
Interesting.. certainly the FrSky version for me.
Anyone know if the Linear actuators are any good ? Many aren't is why I ask
Sep 18, 2018, 11:14 PM
Aedificem ergo sum
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bare
Interesting.. certainly the FrSky version for me.
Anyone know if the Linear actuators are any good ? Many aren't is why I ask
I put my brick on a flat-plate pseudo-delta with a brushless motor and have flown it a dozen or so times. So far it has held up well, no glitches, and no servo issues even with some crazy maneuvering. The servos are of the short-throw variety and comparatively low resolution like the Mini-Vapor bricks, so it's probably not the best choice for this particular plane, but would be a good choice for dime or walnut scale WW1 birds. I will definitely be getting more of these bricks.

As for the tiny DasMikro Rx's - I am planning on pulling the Banggood Rxs with the connectors that have been very glitchy (especially bad at NEAT this year when there were lots of other planes in the air) and replacing them with the DasMikro's. Twice while flying my Ki-84 at the field, and twice while flying my SawnCraft F4D at the field and in the gym I had some serious glitching that seemed to be at regular intervals, like a phone or wi-fi device was interfering. No brushed ESC on the DasMikro though, so you'll need to come up with one for a brushed motor.
Sep 20, 2018, 11:50 AM
Thanks.. Bought this one ; No extras just a simple Rx not needing need max range (small models sketchy eyesight.. etc )
https://www.banggood.com/2_4G-8CH-D8...l?rmmds=search
It's featured in Flitest .. besides it's an inexpensive experiment :-)
Oct 02, 2018, 05:49 AM
Acorn Barnsley Bitter
I've put one of the bricks in the Banggood Tiger Moth

Works well

Mick
Feb 06, 2019, 12:53 PM
has anyone found a shop selling the FlySky version? OverskyRC themselves have an order minimum of 100 pieces for the FlySky variants C1 and C2

Quick Reply