This thread is privately moderated by Late99, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 22, 2018, 04:20 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Review of RC year 2017

I'm way overtime with this. My total flight time actually decreased from 2016 quite a lot, but I concentrated better to couple of planes and actually got more flight time with them. Also now the majority of flying was made with larger planes. They stand wind better and you can get more easily flying time as you don't need to nail every occasion when there's low wind. The spring was good from weather perspective and I got a lot of flights. However, the end of the year saw lousy weather and I didn't manage to do too much flying.

Name: 2017 Flight Times.PNG
Views: 97
Size: 23.9 KB
Description:

I participated two rounds of our national F3A Sport class and won both. And as there was only three rounds I ended up being also F3A Sport class cup championship. The sport program is really easy to fly, but it was good training to get used to competition pressure. Also the wind on both rounds was quite strong & gusty and this gave me advantage as I was flying the biggest plane in the sport class.

Name: Competition.jpg
Views: 92
Size: 302.4 KB
Description: Name: SAM_2905.jpg
Views: 86
Size: 1.51 MB
Description:

Some articles worth revising:
- Fixing a broken elevator on Katana
- Building a foam BF-110 from scratch

About the planes and their yearly ranking...

1. Extreme Flight 70" Extra 300 EXP - I flew most with it and used it for F3A Sport competitions. It's flying well and has proven to be very reliable bird. Racked 10h 15 minutes of flight time with it (116 flights).

2. 3DHS 71" Slick - Got it during summer as a spare plane in case I crash Extra. Still getting used to it, but I think I'll love it. It's not quite as precise as Extra, but it really excels in low & slow 3D. Only 2h 15 minutes of flight time (26 flights), but I just got it in the summer and Extra was primary flyer...

3. Sebart Katana S 50E v2 - Katana has proven also to be a solid plane that just puts flight after a flight effortlessly. I flew it a lot during early spring when weather and field conditions were relative bad. I sold Katana in the late autumn, just preferred the bigger planes and needed storage space. 7h 23 minutes of flight time

4. Pilot 87" Yak 54 - My only gas plane. It excelled during spring visit to Jämi airfield. Got lot of flights on it. However, the gas planes are forbidden on my closest flying field and I just didn't seem to have proper time to go to other flying fields so I sold it in the late autumn.
Last edited by Late99; Oct 06, 2018 at 01:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply