Barrage Gen2 1.55 4WD Scaler Brushed RTR

ECX ups the ante with the 1/12 Barrage Gen2 4WD 1.55 Scaler. Built to tackle the most terrifying of terrain this version builds upon the original’s reputation and takes it to the next level.

Splash

The ECX 1/12 Barrage® Gen2 4WD 1.55 Scaler crawler is built to tackle the most terrifying of terrain.

This version builds upon the original Barrage scaler's impressive reputation with exclusive features at an amazing price. Perfect for the price conscious consumer looking to move into the growing scaler movement, this crawler can take on all challenges no matter your skill level. It uses a 1.55" wheel and licensed Falken Wildpeak M/T tires significantly refining the look of the body to wheel proportion. The Gen2 has axle housings that no longer require the wide wheel hex extensions. This strengthens the axles and provides more consistent steering. Larger servo mount and steering links allow for bigger servos while the Dynamite Tazer 390 size motor runs cooler and with more torque. A true 4-link suspension with improved articulation and strength is a substantial upgrade. From the brand known for its rugged durability, this scaler is a great introduction to extreme driving through any ruthless environment including rocks, woods, mud and your neighborhood creek. Plus, you get all of this excitement without breaking your budget or your drivetrain.

Are you stressed out? Do you need to relax? Watch this great video...

ECX 1/12 Barrage Gen2 4WD 1.55 Scaler Brushed RTR (3 min 45 sec)

Key Features

• Scale Body and Chassis
  • Completely Ready to Run: Everything needed is in the box
  • Metal Ring and Pinion Gears: Durability and longevity
  • Aluminum Links, Motor Plate and Shock Cap Retainers: Durability and styling
  • Combination Composite and Aluminum Main Frame: High strength and durability
  • ECX 2.4GHz TX and RX: Interference free driving
  • 900mAh Battery: Over 30 minutes of runtime
  • One Step Charger: Plug in the battery and it charges automatically
  • Full Ball Bearings: Efficiency and increased run time
  • Super User-Friendly Speeds with Impressive Crawling Capabilities: Fun for anyone from beginner to expert

Photos

Learn More

Head over to the Horizon site to learn more!

Mar 22, 2018, 03:16 PM
USAF Vet Senior Member
So many upgrades for the price of the original. Still running mine after 2 years. This is a real buy! Great way to start into rock crawling for a very reasonable price. Looking forward to the review!
Mar 24, 2018, 10:40 AM
This is the same truck as the BTD kit other than the wheels/tires and painted body.
Mar 25, 2018, 08:47 AM
USAF Vet Senior Member
Hope the painted body will be available. Love it!
Mar 28, 2018, 10:04 PM

Paint

They stole my paint scheme for my kit!!! I want royalties!
Apr 18, 2018, 09:42 AM
USAF Vet Senior Member
Excellent paint job. Love it!
May 08, 2018, 03:42 AM
I'm considering buying this as my first crawler. I've been looking at a couple winches to add. https://www.modelsport.co.uk/3-racin...products/33081 is this one suitable and how would I use it?/how to attach it and wire it up.
May 10, 2018, 11:50 AM
USAF Vet Senior Member
You will need a 3 channel transmitter or buy a winch controller with it's own remote. Check EBay, I found several.
Jun 18, 2018, 08:00 AM
Which stick makes it go up?

Tips and inspiration for Gen 2 Owners.

Good, value-priced platform, apart from a thing or two all owners should know, Fun to modify.

Must See For All New ECX Barrage Gen 2 Owners (11 min 26 sec)
Jun 18, 2018, 04:01 PM
Thanks. Just got the Doomsday and will keep this stuff in mind. Aluminium spool is hard to find, all I see online is the 1/10 stuff not the 3 bolt spool for the 1/18.

Quick Reply