Quanum Cyclops Diversity DVR FPV Goggle

HobbyKing's Quanum Cyclops FPV Goggles have been one of our top picks for budget friendly starter goggles and now they've released a new version with some upgrades.

Splash

New Cyclops FPV Goggles with Diversity

HobbyKing's Quanum Cyclops FPV Goggles have been one of our top picks for budget friendly starter goggles and now they've released a new version with some upgrades. You can read our first look article on the original Cyclops Goggles Here.

The new Diversity Cyclops Goggles adds a second receiver so you can combine different antennas for the best reception in the field. It even comes with a patch and pagoda upgrade antennas in the box! Another great upgrade is they added in a DVR and a micro SD card slot for recording your flights. There's LED lights and audible beepers on-board too making it clear when you change settings or start/stop recording. They retain a similar look and comfortable feel as the older version and you can still adjust the focal point manually to your eyesight. All in all, this is a great upgrade, but it does come at a cost. Adding all the new stuff in, raises the price from $58 when the original came out to the Diversity set price of $99.87. It's still a great value and a whole lot of FPV goodness for under $100.

Check out the Quanum Cyclops Diversity DVR FPV Goggle at HobbyKing.

Mar 26, 2018, 11:12 PM
Pro Bro # 2398
I Like.
Mar 27, 2018, 08:55 AM
Going broke, dam this hobby
love the v2 of these, just ordered these ones
Mar 27, 2018, 03:03 PM
Pro Bro # 2398
Give us full report sir.
Mar 28, 2018, 05:25 AM
I'm super curious to see what folks think of these. Been thinking about getting into FPV and was just about settled on picking up a set of the Eachine ev800d. Then these pop up which are very similar feature and price wise.
Mar 30, 2018, 06:15 PM
Going broke, dam this hobby
ok, just got mine in the mail, do not have a memory card for the dvr, soo ill try that out later this weekend, as for the rest, has a very nice picture, has a nice fit no light getting in, only been able to get 2 flights in so far, in the house, flying the blade inductrix 200, and the camera, and 25mw transmitter kind of sucks on it, soo not to bad so for for what im flying
ILL post more when i can try out the dvr, and get it outside to check the range
Mar 30, 2018, 07:59 PM
Jim
Received mine late yesterday. I only have a cheap AIO with a dipole antenna to test with. I'll post my thoughts on the goggles when the weather behaves long enough to fly! I have bad eyesight and have to use reading glasses. I have glaucoma (and had glaucoma surgery) pretty bad in my left eye and have had retina surgery on the same eye. This will be a testament as to how well they work for us old folks with bad eyes!!

Jim
Apr 01, 2018, 09:45 AM
There is a thread here as well.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...2#post39436664

I've had a few issues with the pair I bought. Going to a black screen instead of static. Talk about the dvr quality also. I liked the V1/V2 Cyclops in the past. Had no issues with them. Quality on this version is great until the picture drops out.
Apr 07, 2018, 04:34 PM
I hope there's a kit to upgrade v2 to v3. Don't care too much on integrated dvr, but want diversity. And v2 already has antenna slot.
Apr 10, 2018, 12:56 PM
DVR footage is too dark and oversaturated.
https://youtu.be/cCQmqUTXTLs?t=39
Apr 10, 2018, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brat002
DVR footage is too dark and oversaturated.
https://youtu.be/cCQmqUTXTLs?t=39
This is a common issue with these new googles. Also , DVR glitching and corruption
Its a faulty product .
Apr 26, 2018, 05:36 PM
I already asked in the main thread, but just in case: If anyone has received a response by HK it would be great if he could share it...

Quick Reply