Apr 12, 2018, 05:09 AM
Build, crash...repeat

Correction

Hey guys, I found a small error. The wing center section should be 7"-somehow I had it somewhat less than that...not sure how or why-sorry about that! Anyway, I will post a correction and will rearrange some of the pieces because that piece won't not fit where I had it the first time. I'll add labels as requested. This file will be a JPEG, not a PDF, and I'll post it really for reference rather than printing. Having trouble with 2D export at the moment, have to work on it...
Last edited by AleRRon; Apr 12, 2018 at 05:18 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2018, 10:03 AM
treefinder
Post the updated .skp file and,I will re per it.
Apr 12, 2018, 08:16 PM
Build, crash...repeat
EDITED:

This is the corrected Sketchup version 7 file
Last edited by AleRRon; Apr 16, 2018 at 05:10 AM.
Apr 13, 2018, 11:58 AM
treefinder
It's V17, Gotta do a save as V7, so I can read it. (too lazy to download the latest version)
Apr 14, 2018, 10:14 AM
Build, crash...repeat
Ok give me a few days. Away from home right now. Thanks Mike
Apr 14, 2018, 12:23 PM
treefinder
No worries
Apr 16, 2018, 05:11 AM
Build, crash...repeat
I posted the corrected sketchup version 7 file in post 33
Apr 16, 2018, 07:28 AM
treefinder
I'll PDF it today.
Apr 29, 2018, 06:11 PM
Build, crash...repeat

error correction

I started on this model today. Had the pattern sheet printed at Staples full size and it came out perfect. It cost me about $7.00. I then rough cut some of the individual pieces and some in groups, arranged them on posterboard, sprayed them with adhesive, and glued them down to 2 pieces of posterboard. When I was cutting them out, I noticed the mono bloc firewall was too short. I guess I didn't erase the air intake overlap line in Sketchup and that is what made up the top of the the firewall, in error. I corrected it and saved it in Sketchup Version 7 and uploaded it here. Perhaps Mike would be so kind as to make the correction and post a corrected PDF? Or perhaps you should wait a little Mike, until I cut all the pieces out and dry fit them and see if there are any more errors to correct. Up to you! thanks
Last edited by AleRRon; Apr 30, 2018 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Grammar and clarification
Apr 29, 2018, 10:34 PM
treefinder
I think I will wait. . .

Actually by time I get to it, you will probably be done checking!
Apr 30, 2018, 05:39 AM
Build, crash...repeat
Its not easy to get shop time around here so it might be slow going. But yeah wait until I do a test run. I may also thicken the firewall for durability. Thats because I am really good at nosedives and I can use all the strength I can get
Apr 30, 2018, 03:11 PM
treefinder
I have a similar problem! As I've done new designs over time, I notice that the fuse ahead of the wing has gotten more and more robust!

When you're ready....
May 14, 2018, 06:53 AM
Build, crash...repeat

Its alive!

Sorry for lack of progress but whew Ive had a lot of non-RC airplane stuff going on. Finally traced and cut out the foam parts and started dry assembly. For some odd reason the rear turtle deck was about 1/4 too long. After I trimmed it things fit pretty well. Ill check the Sketchup plans to see how that happened and will make a correction. I would not be surprised if there will be more to come.
May 19, 2018, 03:34 PM
Build, crash...repeat
Well, its a rainy day and perfect for building! Built the spar like the classic monobloc planes by Tony. Then rolled a curve into the upper wing half using a pipe and a piece of wood. Taped the ailerons using Blenderm. Marked lines for the spars on the bottom wing half. Hot glued the foam spars to accommodate the stepped spar structure. Hot glued the wood spar to the wing. I decided to hot glue a thin piece of foam on the trailing edge of the bottom wing half to keep the wing shape correct. Then I taped the leading edges together, hot glued a thin bamboo skewer at the joint, applied hot glue to everything, and then folded the top over the spar and to the trailing edge strip. I had to trim the upper edge of the root to conform to the dihedral.

Next will be to work on the fuse.

Quick Reply