Mar 20, 2018, 06:22 PM
They found an unexploded bomb at FedEx at the airport. Word is they are trying to disarm it.
Mar 20, 2018, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b-E
Question: Are these things military style assault bombs, or are they the run of the mill types?
Any info available about an analysis of the explosive material used?
Mar 20, 2018, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug rig
Any info available about an analysis of the explosive material used?
Not that I've heard, but I'm not following too closely. Just the WaPo blurbs that hit my email.
Mar 20, 2018, 07:38 PM
Registered User Wannabe
Apparently another went off very recently.
Mar 20, 2018, 08:04 PM
Make it 6

Package explosion at Austin Goodwill injures 1 man, sends feds rac

On Fox News
Mar 20, 2018, 08:13 PM
Local news saying not a bomb. It was an incendiary device
Mar 20, 2018, 08:22 PM
DPS car on fire. Not sure what happened at this point but ATF saying not a bomb and not related.
Mar 20, 2018, 08:28 PM
Lot of confusion. Incendiary at goodwill and a DPS car on Fire
Mar 21, 2018, 08:00 AM
Bomber bombs himself... https://www.statesman.com/news/break...NazDr31EzeUzI/

Quote:
The suspect in a string of bombings in Austin is dead, interim Austin Police Chief Brian Manley confirmed early Wednesday.

The name of the suspect, described only as a 24-year-old white man, has not been released, pending notification of his family, Manley said.

He described how authorities tracked down the suspect’s vehicle to a Round Rock-area hotel. Police began following the suspect’s vehicle, and as SWAT approached, the suspect detonated a bomb in the car, Manley said.
Mar 21, 2018, 08:08 AM
Trying to get to the shop which is right around to corner from where he blew himself up.
Mar 21, 2018, 08:46 AM
The FedEx package they intercepted was addressed to a minister who was a neighbor to a friend of ours here in Round rock.
Mar 21, 2018, 09:26 AM
whiirrrrrr
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientech
The FedEx package they intercepted was addressed to a minister who was a neighbor to a friend of ours here in Round rock.
Geeze man.

I knew they would have been on the dude pretty quickly. You could tell by his MO he was trying to remove himself from detonation sites. Glad they got to him.
Mar 21, 2018, 01:37 PM
Equinsu Ocha
Real world demonstration, bans don't work.
Mar 21, 2018, 01:57 PM
Closed Account
Remind me guys. This wasn't a Muslim person, so it wasn't terrorism, right?
Mar 21, 2018, 02:14 PM
They had his phone number before he dropped the bombs off at FedEx. They used cell towers to find what phones were in the areas of the bombs and how they figured out his phone number.

Quick Reply