This thread is privately moderated by Thunder50BMG, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 17, 2018, 03:53 PM
Thread OP
Build Log

In-line bicopter* barebone 2nd

If you are stuck on this hobby building same pre-historic multi-rotor configurations, I am inviting you to spice it up by building newer configuration like this IN-LINE BICOPTER with Chinook type body. If you are talented enough to make a fuselage then this project is perfect for you. Wish I have the talent but, I don't and I will just end this project like this.

Specs are the same as the 1ST build, even the MTM @ 19 inches. The Sunnyskys motors made this platform super smooth and with the FiteTEST yaw system, it's just totally perfect.

Close-up PIX ....maiden video will follow soon.

Last edited by Thunder50BMG; Mar 17, 2018 at 04:01 PM. Reason: 50bmg
to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2018, 11:15 PM
Thread OP

Modification

UPDATE : MTM is modified from 19 inches down to 16 inches by cutting the platform base shorter and did the re-tuning again.

MAIDEN :

RC CHINOOK * KK2.1.5 * BAREBONE 2ND * 16 INCHES MTM (3 min 35 sec)
Last edited by Thunder50BMG; Mar 24, 2018 at 11:36 PM. Reason: ADD-ON
Mar 26, 2018, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder50BMG
UPDATE : MTM is modified from 19 inches down to 16 inches by cutting the platform base shorter and did the re-tuning again.

MAIDEN :

https://youtu.be/AGQ6xbVLrB4

Very nice!!! Did you try with tri blades propeller? Do you think it will change the behaviour if the front propeller is under the rear propeller?
Mar 27, 2018, 03:37 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodou
Very nice!!! Did you try with tri blades propeller? Do you think it will change the behaviour if the front propeller is under the rear propeller?
Thanks mate ! No. I have not tried a tri blabe on this kind of platform yet. Might try it later.
I don't think the behavior will change if the front props will be under the rear props, front prop on this one is a little lower than the rear.
Apr 05, 2018, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder50BMG
Thanks mate ! No. I have not tried a tri blabe on this kind of platform yet. Might try it later.
I don't think the behavior will change if the front props will be under the rear props, front prop on this one is a little lower than the rear.

I will try to build my Chinook. About the body, did you saw that video?

RC Chinook Bicopter - Part 3 (8 min 54 sec)
Apr 12, 2018, 02:13 PM
Because of you I will build my own now... lol
May 02, 2018, 10:46 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
I will try to build my Chinook. About the body, did you saw that video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEu_f6iNfAs&
This build is inspired by his video but sadly, he stops
his project before he was able to make it fly
really good. Honestly, his design was really cool but, he did not
care enough to tune it well.
May 02, 2018, 10:48 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Because of you I will build my own now... lol
Can’t wait to see your version mate !
Update me on your progress.