This thread is privately moderated by steve mahoney, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 16, 2018, 04:59 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

New Zealand coastal tug: Koraki

After those two American boats I realised that there were some 'interesting and unique' looking tugs right under my nose, here in New Zealand.
Not many people are making models of our local tugs so I thought that I'd give it a go.

The first one on the bench was rebuild of a tug I had made as a toy for my young son 20 years earlier. For this one I was able to get onboard to get a load of reference photos and even got some hull lines and GAs from the original shipyard. This boat is a very hard working little tug, only 21m long. It's currently based in Auckland, pulling cement barges up and down the coast but has worked in many ports around the country. We first saw it in Picton while on holiday, many years ago and my son drew a picture of it , so I thought I'd make a toy one for him. He called it the Sea Monkey.

I'm quite happy with this one as well.

There's a build log on this forum and also at: http://modeltugforum.com/index.php?topic=5978.0
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply