This thread is privately moderated by mlilasic, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 15, 2018, 08:59 AM
FPV addict
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Review of Dragonfly Hurricane 2207 KV2500 Brushless Motor for FPV Racer - FPVmodel

Review of Dragonfly Hurricane 2207 KV2500 Brushless Motor for FPV Racer from FPVmodel

Doesn't this motor look great?

Build quality of these motors from FPVMODEL look amazing. Especially when taken into consideration their price.
Quality/price ratio on this motor is huge.

Hope their performance in flight quality will be equal to their looks&build quality.
A great feature is also plastic ring along the bottom part of the windings that will prevent bolt, which is too long, to push against windings and damage the motor. What a great and simple idea.

Air gap is nonexistent and on the bottom side of the magnets here are blobs of glue used to balance the bell. Also, another important aspect is that vertical play is nonexistent also.
Bearings sound nice and smooth.

Windings are OK:

Weight with 11cm of wire is:

In the box:

motor
locknut
5x screw

I will be building one quad to test them so stay tuned for flight test videos...

Text from FPVmodel website:
Specially deisigned for FPV racing with extreme performance
Fast response and ultimate efficiency
New technology to ensure smooth running
Precise balanced and fully tested
Powerful, reliable, and quick. This is the latest Dragonfly Hurricane 2207 2500KV brushless motor that specially designed for FPV racing and extreme performance. These Dragonfly Hurricane 2207 2500kv motors feature an open air base to allow for more efficient cooling of the motors. Weighing in at just 30.5 grams helps eliminate some weight compared to other motors and fits with most racers desire to shave precious grams off builds wherever they can.

Features:
Featuring 20awg silicone wire, N52SH magnets and Japanese NSK bearings these motors are sure to fit the needs of most FPV racers.
We use high quality aluminum and rare-earth magnetic materials, and redesigned the magnetic circuit of Dragonfly Hurricane to make sure the motors come with a better loading capacity.
We have greatly improved their thrust and efficiency comparing to other motors on the market. At the same time, we have enhanced the response speed to guarantee the smooth flying of your racing quad
The use of special aluminum material for body structure, not only comes with a greater strength than those motors made of the 6 series aluminum that most other motors use, but also greatly reduce the weight.
The motor shaft has abandoned the traditional way of installation, the spindle completely goes through the threaded shaft to improve the friction between steel shaft and threaded sleeve of head cover. It also improves the concentricity of motor rotor and effectively increases the strength of propeller shaft, so that to make sure the motor can survive from the hard crashes.
The Draongfly Hurricane has added an insulation film between bottom cover and spindle to isolate the connection between screws and copper wires. In this way, the motor is able to prevent from short circuit and leakage that caused by misoperation.

Specifications:
  • KV: 2500KV
  • No.of Cells(Lipo): 3-5S
  • Configuration: 12N14P
  • Stator Diameter: 22mm
  • Stator Length: 7mm
  • Shaft Diameter: 5mm
  • Motor Dimension (Dia.*Len): Φ27.932.7mm
  • Weight(g): 30.3g(Excluding Cable)
  • Recommend Propeller: 5″
  • Recommend ESC: 30-50A
  • Wire AWG: 20AWG|
  • Magnet: N52SH
  • Stator: Japan KAWASAKI
  • Bearings: Japanese NSK, 693zz, 3x8x4

Pros:
  • Build quality
  • Price
  • Very smooth
  • Quality/price ratio

Cons:
  • Because they are fresh on the market durability, bearings quality and crash resistance is unknown, but we will see... I will keep this review updated with my findings...

Conclusion:
Best Price/Performance ratio motor on the market. I highly recommend it.

Grab yours Dragonfly Hurricane 2207 Motor HERE
Last edited by mlilasic; May 25, 2018 at 04:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 15, 2018, 09:00 AM
FPV addict
Thread OP
A quick comparison to other motors...

Hurricane is most similar in construction to Brotherhobby Returner.

Last edited by mlilasic; Mar 17, 2018 at 06:39 PM.
Mar 15, 2018, 10:34 AM
FPV addict
Thread OP
Robotdog and hurricane

Mar 16, 2018, 06:02 AM
FPV addict
Thread OP
Buildup

Mar 16, 2018, 06:03 AM
FPV addict
Thread OP
And

Mar 16, 2018, 06:03 AM
FPV addict
Thread OP
And...

Mar 27, 2018, 12:34 PM
Soooo??? How they run?!
Last edited by kamikazze; Mar 27, 2018 at 05:52 PM.
Mar 28, 2018, 05:59 AM
FPV addict
Thread OP
Unfortunately, I am having troubles with FC (FrSky XSRF4PO), so review is on hold until I get replacement FC.
Apr 18, 2018, 04:08 PM
FPV addict
Thread OP
Finally, the maiden flight:

20180418 153427 (5 min 51 sec)

Still, have to tune the quad but the motors&ESC combination seems to be great.
Apr 19, 2018, 03:43 AM
I see a long footage, what about Amp current of these motors? Do you have it on OSD?

Any opinion od durabilty of this motors?

amazing build...thanks for the footage!
Apr 19, 2018, 04:25 AM
FPV addict
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazze View Post
I see a long footage, what about Amp current of these motors? Do you have it on OSD?

Any opinion od durabilty of this motors?

amazing build...thanks for the footage!
Sorry. no OSD. I can measure it for you with the wattmeter but that will be on the ground measurements.
This is my very first flight so I don't know about durability, we will see...

The first impression is that they are very nice motors for their price.

More videos are coming, so stay tuned.
Apr 19, 2018, 05:01 PM
FPV addict
Thread OP
2nd flight

RobotDog ESCs and Dragonfly Hurricane 2207 KV2500 Brushless Motor 2nd flight FPVmodel (3 min 56 sec)
Apr 23, 2018, 10:25 AM
FPV addict
Thread OP
one without singing motors:

Freestyle Mix - RobotDog ESCs and Dragonfly Hurricane 2207 KV2500 Brushless Motor (2 min 50 sec)

Quick Reply