Mar 14, 2018, 12:07 PM
This is at the end of the day a HOBBYKING plane, and a FOAMIE, twice the price of the standard Tundra(more than actually.. I bought both my Tundras for about €135 shipped. With floats..) , without floats, and for a lot of people new, more expensive batteries will be required. I think €249 WITH FLOATS would have been a fair starting point price. I think HK needs to stick a bit more to their roots when it comes to pricing. Recently they have been great with sales, and yeah, I'm sure this'll go on sale at some point. I personally would never pay what they are asking now.

And one should really not compare prices to anything from Multiplex, which is massively overpriced.

Their V2 Spitfire Mk.24 also has a pretty hefty price. The BF-109 started out at a good price of just over €150, but has since gone up.

Anyway, I think €285 is too much money for what it is. A foamie high-wing plane from Hobbyking.

(ps Jeeze - just watched the flight video above. The stability and awesome video quality of the Mavic blows me away far more than anything about the GT....)
Last edited by Herrsavage; Mar 14, 2018 at 12:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 14, 2018, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyHK
I doubt it will even fit in my car with the wings removed!
i recline the front pass seat and set the wheel of my CzCub @ the seat back and seat cushion and the tail goes toward back(i sum times have to slide seat up to where prop is about to dash) i put the seat belt over the top of fuse n under the prop to landing gear. then a safety rope around the head rest posts, to keep the tail on the seat back then the wings go along the door or back seat.
Mar 14, 2018, 12:16 PM
I reckon 250 is a bit dear and I will wait for the sales.
But I have to admit that the high end techology of the RUBBER BANDS on the suspension is worth the steep price tag. Really HK...
Mar 14, 2018, 12:16 PM
slats move, slots don't
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepworld2002
i recline the front pass seat and set the wheel of my CzCub @ the seat back and seat cushion and the tail goes toward back(i sum times have to slide seat up to where prop is about to dash) i put the seat belt over the top of fuse n under the prop to landing gear. then a safety rope around the head rest posts, to keep the tail on the seat back then the wings go along the door or back seat.
Now that I have the exact sizes, I will make a cardboard template up to see if I can fit it in my car or not.
Mar 14, 2018, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paultbg
I reckon 250 is a bit dear and I will wait for the sales.
But I have to admit that the high end techology of the RUBBER BANDS on the suspension is worth the steep price tag. Really HK...
Agreed. I was worried it would come to this. And those rubber bands really take away from the look.
Mar 14, 2018, 12:20 PM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
[QUOTE=paultbg;39333939]I reckon 250 is a bit dear and I will wait for the sales.
But I have to admit that the high end techology of the RUBBER BANDS on the suspension is worth the steep price tag. Really HK...[/QUOTES]

Some people prefer elastic band, some like rubber bands, some like springs. Its really a wash.

I'd prefer that they don't articulate at all. Its just not a value added feature for me.

-CC
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
Mar 14, 2018, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absaroka
Anybody know the flying weight on 6S ? Not the shipping weight. Thanks.
GOAT watch my vids! 3.26kg AUW with A-SPEC 6s 5000 65C
Mar 14, 2018, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justapoke
Just ordered one, only to found out after my payment went out it does not include the floats at this price? !%$#^!

Found the price ok for a complete set with floats, but without them it's rather high at $339,- / 275,-
If I knew it did not included the floats, I probably would not have ordered.
Bummer! But... then the "toyplane" Maule M7 is looking even better already (clear windows, scale looks, pilot, floats and... it even has a stabilising receiver included! (fair enough you get 20cm less wingspan, but the cost is about $60 less AND no need to buy more of those expensive big S6 packs as they are quite costly too)...

Not takng away anything of the design team, cause the blue GT is beautiful!
But, GT priced too high, M7 is ordered...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Their V2 Spitfire Mk.24 also has a pretty hefty price. The BF-109 started out at a good price of just over 150, but has since gone up.
I got the Mk24 last week for 169 on the warehousesale (and free shipping) which I found quite reasonable...
Mar 14, 2018, 12:35 PM
GT Flt 3 - Unlimited Vertical on 6s

HK Avios Grand Tundra Flt 3: Unlimited Vertical on 6s (17 min 44 sec)
Mar 14, 2018, 12:41 PM
Bush Pilot --- GOAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep
GOAT watch my vids! 3.26kg AUW with A-SPEC 6s 5000 65C
Tuber---that's 7 lbs 3 ozs with the battery in it? Thanks. GOAT
Mar 14, 2018, 12:47 PM
→ 404 Not Found
You can't compare that easy to Multiplex. Simply because it's also a lot better quality foam, and A-quality hardware.

Seen the vids from ITTD and while the hardware seems ok, nothing to get all exited about. To build it up each time with the struts will be a pain. They could have done better with that. I've hinted "no tools required" a very long time ago in the Tundra thread.

With a bit of luck it will just fit in my car, but most will spend a lot of time on the field before getting it in the air.

In that case I would suggest just spending a few extra more bucks on a Carbon Z Cub, if you don't have one yet.

So yeah.. a bit dissapointed after waiting for more than a year on this release. They sure could have done a lot better with the price-tag, or at least a pre-order discount.

Maybe they will give us rcgroups folks a good deal on that optional float set.. ?
Mar 14, 2018, 12:59 PM
DominicM
Got my hands on a Grand Tundra a couple weeks ago and took it for its first flight. Bigger is better. That's for sure.

AVIOS GRAND TUNDRA RC BUSH PLANE (1.7m wingspan, flaps and light system): ESSENTIAL RC FLIGHT TEST (14 min 52 sec)
Mar 14, 2018, 01:01 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinT
Bummer! But... then the "toyplane" Maule M7 is looking even better already (clear windows, scale looks, pilot, floats and... it even has a stabilising receiver included! (fair enough you get 20cm less wingspan, but the cost is about $60 less AND no need to buy more of those expensive big S6 packs as they are quite costly too)...

Not takng away anything of the design team, cause the blue GT is beautiful!
But, GT priced too high, M7 is ordered...

I got the Mk24 last week for 169 on the warehousesale (and free shipping) which I found quite reasonable...
Depends where you buy that Maule, here in Europe it's priced the same (but you get floats and a reciever) and the PNP is about 15 Euro's cheaper.

Still it's to small in size for me to be interesting.. and I already have plenty of 4S and 6S batterys

I do feel the idea of NOT including floats is good step, but not at this price.
Mar 14, 2018, 01:41 PM
Wing Install Remove Vid- somehow omitted from Build vid

HK Avios Grand Tundra: Wing Remove / Install (3 min 38 sec)
Mar 14, 2018, 01:48 PM

Avios GT CG

Forgot to mention CG, its 60mm from LE

Quick Reply