Aug 24, 2021, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Warne
You'll see all again in the not so distant future.

S.
I WANT to believe you -- really I do ... But we've been hearing this (especially about the albatross) for two years. Parts and plane unavailability has placed HK in the position of becoming irrelevant. It's to the point that my family are the only folks flying HK planes at our club field . That's just sad. I've been waiting for US warehouse availability of floats for my Grand Tundra for ... a long time. ETA for U.S. warehouse was July -- SO I replaced my well worn Grand Tundra with a new one -- expecting to get float soon after. NOW the floats are only shown as being available from Global warehouse. THAT is irritating!! So... I paid the damn >$50 shipping for <$40 floats and while I'll get them I'm pissed at HK because I didn't want to order from global warehouse. In the past I was a crazy HK advocate and recommended HK planes to all the new guys. I can't even count how many Bixlers and Tundra I've gotten folks to buy - especially for our weekly float fly group. Not any more. I'm recommending Turbo Timber with floats at least until HK gets their act together. My Albatross motor mount parted company last week and no evidence it was ever even glues (which I find hard to believe) and there is no ETA for a new center wing -- and they don't even offer the mount alone. That's the second Albatross I've lost due to (perceived) manufacturing defect. I've got to give you an Rob credit for doing what you can to keep the ship afloat, but if the pencil pushers at HK HQ don't get planes AND parts in the warehouse -- .... it's sad.

Forget teasing about the next new plane ... get the quality existing lines in stock -- with parts and kits as well.

Signed
Disappointed
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2021, 05:16 AM
Lol and who should lob into my inbox but HobbyKing with another new release.

Never fear spares are here

*Checks king twin parts*

"Hurry less than 3 in stock"
Sep 03, 2021, 07:23 PM
Is there a reason why you are using a BEC. Doesn't the ESC have a built in BEC?
Sep 03, 2021, 09:05 PM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalbklyn
Is there a reason why you are using a BEC. Doesn't the ESC have a built in BEC?
Some people prefer the peace of mind of having a stand alone BEC of higher quality. If the ESC fails, it could take the BEC that is integrated, with it. If you have a stand alone,you have a good chance of recovering the model by keeping the receiver and controls operating.
Sep 16, 2021, 10:00 PM
I didn't do it...
Can I run the radio at 11ms or do I just need to leave it at 22ms. I’ve set everything at 11ms and flew with no problems but just wondering if I’m going to harm the servos this way.
Sep 17, 2021, 04:07 AM
Fly Eat Sleep Repeat
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamGUK
Great video Adam!
Sep 28, 2021, 09:08 AM
Thanks Andy
Oct 02, 2021, 08:52 AM
Any recommendations on props for 6S?

I need to replace the standard prop thats had bit of a beating, replaced with an APC but it seems to be creating oscillations higher in the rpm range.

I fly FPV with iNav and like to record so it's more than a bit annoying to see footage look like its coming back like its flying with a constant jitter.

I was looking at wooden props to try out?

Specifically I was looking at something like this;
https://www.desertaircraft.com.au/sh...ric-props.html
Oct 02, 2021, 01:55 PM
AdamGUK,

I have both the Grand Tundra and the PA-18 and it was a real joy to see them flying together in your video. Well done, really liked it.
Oct 03, 2021, 08:12 AM
Thanks Phoenix! As someone that has flown both, which do you prefer?
Oct 03, 2021, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamGUK
Thanks Phoenix! As someone that has flown both, which do you prefer?
At the moment it's the PA-18 Cub because it flies so well on 4S lipos for some scale like flying while having enough oomph when needed to keep out of trouble.

I also fly the GT on 4S and although it flies well it needs more power to make the most of it's abilities. I do plan to invest in either some 5S or 6S lipos in the near future.

Once done, I think the GT will make a great sports aerobat but still retain the ability to stooge around slowly with the Cub being best suited to be flown in a scale like manner.

I would find it difficult to choose one over the other because they both fly really well and bring different qualities which I find appealing.
I would give my whole hearted recommendation for both, dependent on the type of flying required.
Oct 03, 2021, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suteki
Any recommendations on props for 6S?

I need to replace the standard prop thats had bit of a beating, replaced with an APC but it seems to be creating oscillations higher in the rpm range.

I fly FPV with iNav and like to record so it's more than a bit annoying to see footage look like its coming back like its flying with a constant jitter.

I was looking at wooden props to try out?

Specifically I was looking at something like this;
https://www.desertaircraft.com.au/sh...ric-props.html
This is what I'm using --- https://innov8tivedesigns.com/badass...ller-15x8.html -- with much success.
Oct 06, 2021, 06:09 PM
ITTD you're Clear for Takeoff!
I just grabbed a replacement to my original GT that Ian sent me- in case its forgotten here is how it ended a couple years back
when the floats blew off on a wave landing ,

AVIOS GRAND TUNDRA: FLOATs EXPLODE over SHARKS! (22 min 56 sec)

I'm also design a set of new OEM 3D Printed Floats which will have retracts and Rudders built in- just started the project!
Oct 06, 2021, 06:58 PM
Sounds like an interesting project TUBE.... Keep in touch......

Quick Reply