Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Tamiya Citroen 2CV Charleston M-05

Show up on TCS race day with the 2CV Charleston and dominate the competition!

Splash

Cut Some Hot Laps... in a Charleston?

Tamiya just loves to offer up some of the more unique and seldom modeled vehicles out there, and in this case, it's about as unique as it comes! The Tamiya Citroen 2CV Charleston is modeled after the original French automobile produced from 1948 all the way until 1990. Perched atop the M-05 FWD chassis, this peppy little on-road car will be sure to delight, and turn a few heads. Here's what TamiyaUSA says about the Charleston:

Over 3.5 million cars were produced from 1948 to 1990. Its reliable air-cooled 2-cylinder engine got the little front wheel drive car from A to B with little fuss, and the car could accommodate 4 adults adequately. With its soft suspension designed for off-road driving, it is said that the 2CV could traverse a ploughed field without breaking any of the eggs it carried.

M-05 at a glance:

The front wheel drive M-05 chassis features a lightweight, narrow, durable, and easy-assembly semi-monocoque resin frame. Gearbox, motor, battery pack, receiver, servo and ESC are positioned for optimum weight distribution and a low center of gravity. Ground-hugging 4-wheel independent double wishbone suspension and the 3-piece steering linkage provide stable high-speed cornering. Gun metal color 11-spoke wheels are matched with tread-patterned radial tires and feature tire inserts.

CLICK HERE for more information on the Tamiya Citroen 2CV Charleston

Mar 13, 2018, 10:24 PM
Forward ever, backward never!
OMG! My first car was a gray 2CV Charleston!

Pretty surreal to see Tamiya put out an RC 2CV. The detailed body is quite impressive. However, the wheels and tires are too wide. And an electric motor obviously won't have the legendary howl of the original 2-cylinder engine.
Mar 14, 2018, 10:39 AM
If Iím not mistaken Mr. Magoo drove one of these roadhoag!
Mar 14, 2018, 06:04 PM
Clean up! The missus is home
I had the real thing back in the 1980s. The model could be modified with thinner tyres . The suspension could use Gummy Bears as shock absorbers !
Mar 15, 2018, 02:08 AM

I had one of those ugly cars :o)

I had one "Ente" (it is the nicname in german).
The engine was cool! 435cc ( around 27 cubic inches) / 23 HP at 7.000 rpm / fule consumption was around 50 miles per gallon
It was an older one, built in 1974 or so ...
Mar 17, 2018, 10:27 AM
Another amazing release, but like the beetle, it needs skinny scale type tires.
Mar 18, 2018, 05:39 AM
Low budget fun
This probably can go faster than a real thing.
Mar 18, 2018, 07:48 AM
RCGroups Editor
Lol!
Mar 19, 2018, 10:44 AM
LUFTGUCKER
Happened to drive one in 1979 in Germany,had a "elbow shifter "on the dash ,air conditioning (2flipflop gates with a bugscreen under neath the windshield)and was a front wheel drive, 2 cyl 2 stroke with a brute 26 hp engine!Perfect student car run well on dads lawnmower gas!
Mar 19, 2018, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsasteam
Happened to drive one in 1979 in Germany,had a "elbow shifter "on the dash ,air conditioning (2flipflop gates with a bugscreen under neath the windshield)and was a front wheel drive, 2 cyl 2 stroke with a brute 26 hp engine!Perfect student car run well on dads lawnmower gas!
Nein, It was a Two Cylinder that's correct but Four Stroke and not a Two stroke engine, it was almost indestructible and fun to drive. Now there are conversion kits for a BMW 1100cc Boxer motorcycle engine. more than twice the power and torque, I wish my mom's 2cv had such an engine in the eighties
Mar 19, 2018, 04:47 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
Looks like fun. Tamiya knows fun. It's kind of the point of all this.
Mar 19, 2018, 10:17 PM
LUFTGUCKER
oops that why it smoked so much!!!!
Two of my student friends pulled a funny : Right across the oldest church in Fulda /DE there is an absolutely no parking zone ,we made up some chinese licence plates and parked the CV right there,hiding behind the bushes with a super 8 camera (no digis then) we recorded following scene: a Ticket cop walked towards the CV and pulled his ticket book ,looking at the licence plate scanning the area around him walking towards the front of the car checking the front licence plate looking around again and putting his writies away after he made sure nobody was watching him (HAAA) pretty tuff writing chinese plates?? Showing the super 8 film on a students social we got some pretty good attention especially from our principal who confiscated the celluloid in order to avoid some law enforcement follow up!!
Last edited by lotsasteam; Mar 19, 2018 at 10:29 PM.
Mar 20, 2018, 03:30 PM
Clean up! The missus is home
I wish they still made them ! I would buy one. I also had an Ami 8 Estate back in the day. The suspension was so soft that a headlight adjustment was provided under the dash on the drivers side. These cars also used vegetable oil brake fluid !
Apr 04, 2018, 08:52 PM
Life is short, buy the boat.
2cv's are pretty cool, virtually indestructible air-cooled engines, suspension made of bungee cords and a top speed of a moped! wouldn't mind owning one.

Quick Reply