Durafly Tomahawk Mini Class FPV Racing Wing 660mm (26") PNF

This wing is only 670mm so it can be easily fitted in your car for an after work flight. The wing is designed for stable flying and also allows for all the extreme maneuvers needed when racing.

Splash

The Durafly Tomahawk is a great way to get into mini racing FPV flying wings!

From HobbyKing

This wing is only 670mm so it can be easily fit in your car for an after work flight. The wing is designed for stable flying and also allows for all the extreme maneuvers needed when racing.

The Tomahawk comes with all the great Durafly features such as easy to build, the best molded EPO foam around, quality construction and ball links on all control horns. Plus, there is a powerful power system already installed (2206-2050KV brushless motor, 20A ESC and 5045 propeller). Servos are also preinstalled so building takes next to no time.

With the decals supplied in four great colors (Red, Blue, Green, Orange) each of your mates can have a different color. This makes it easier for spectators to watch the race. There is a huge hatch that easily fits all your gear.

Being a plug and fly model all you need is a transmitter and receiver, add a battery and your flying. To get flying in FPV mode just add your own HS1177 style camera and video transmitter, put your goggles on and enjoy the flight. Camera position gives an uninterrupted view for extreme flying.

Durafly Tomahawk Mini Class FPV Racing Wing - HobbyKing Product Video (2 min 1 sec)

Features:

• Plug & Fly, simply add RX and Lipo (not included) and fly!
  • Fast and easy assembly
  • Beautifully molded, Quality EPO construction and finish
  • Ball Links on all controls
  • Large wing area combines stability with a wide flight envelope
  • Fast access battery hatch
  • Decal set with four colors Red/Blue/Green/Orange
  • Easy to add FPV equipment (not included)
  • $120.87

Specs:

• Wingspan: 670mm
  • Length: 360mm
  • ESC: AeroStar 20A w/XT60 connector
  • Motor: Multistar 2206 2150KV Brushless Outrunner
  • Propeller: 5045BN CCW
  • Servos: 2 x 9g
  • Weight: 220g (without battery or FPV gear)

Required:

• Minimum 4 channel transmitter and receiver
  • 1 x 1400mAh 3S or 1000mAh 4S Lipo battery

Photos

Visit the Website

Head over to the HobbyKing site to learn more!

Mar 13, 2018, 01:04 PM
Now that's a pretty cool looking little wing!
Mar 13, 2018, 03:01 PM
Never Stop Learning
Great wing! Although I was expecting some lower price..
Mar 13, 2018, 06:12 PM
.....and that's why I crashed
Seems good, spacious fuselage for a small wing and I like the changeable deck . The molded EPO instead of molded EPP is a bit of a deal breaker for me, but otherwise looks OK.
Mar 13, 2018, 06:37 PM
slats move, slots don't
Kit version available also:

Durafly Tomahawk Mini Class FPV Racing Wing 670mm (26") Kit
Mar 13, 2018, 10:07 PM
That looks like a truckload of fun. However pound for pound this is one of the best wings I ever flew,

http://www.speedwing.net/product_inf...roducts_id=294

I don't think these guys are in business anymore but that took off like a cheetah on acid!

All the Best

Danny
Mar 13, 2018, 11:30 PM
Quite like this one, but yes EPP would be better. not much FPV footage to judge the stability on though.
Mar 14, 2018, 12:03 PM
I wouldn't have an EPO FPV wing. Durafly will miss a lot of sales due to the Tomahawk not being an EPP model. Other than that, I would have bought one. Price point is a bit high also. A 2205 motor and a couple of inexpensive servos, plus about 10 cents of EPO beads does not equal their stated price point.
Mar 14, 2018, 01:23 PM
It's a very handsome airframe. Looks like it performs well.

I agree that the price is ridiculous. You can save $40 by getting the "kit" if you can supply your own motor and ESC. But $83 is still pretty steep for a pair of servos and a 26" foam wing.
Mar 14, 2018, 07:24 PM
I'm gonna wait and see if the price drops a bit. like ya'll said, to costly even for a durafly model.

I can get a PNF EPP molded race wing with FPV and flight controller for $83...
Mar 15, 2018, 11:08 PM
It's GoTime all the Time
But will it fly better than the Strix nano Goblin?
The Goblin is 4in smaller running on a 1407 and the kit is $75
Latest blog entry: 360 Frames & 360 Hobbies
Mar 21, 2018, 12:43 PM
MODDED MICRO MULTIS FPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTime360
But will it fly better than the Strix nano Goblin?
The Goblin is 4in smaller running on a 1407 and the kit is $75
Word! You like the nano goblin? I just started learning wings (coming over from miniquads) on a Recruit and I love it. Just want something smaller and faster to scream around in the woods. I'm looking at an EPP kit around 24-27" or a PNP like the nano Goblin. Whaddya think?
Apr 04, 2018, 07:39 AM
John Hendry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRexAlot
It's a very handsome airframe. Looks like it performs well.

I agree that the price is ridiculous. You can save $40 by getting the "kit" if you can supply your own motor and ESC. But $83 is still pretty steep for a pair of servos and a 26" foam wing.
Not if they are GOOD servos... after using good digital servos hard to go back and they cost money not saying these are that class or I'd use the stock servos.. only two in a wing so make em good ones EMAX or better or in the bin. And look (very) close you see it's a molded plastic foam composite and the entire nose is molded plastic covering the white foam extending past the C/G on the bottom, the tail section with motor mount is molded plastic over the EPO and the hatch is also plastic with good ventilation and you get two. There are other bits and pieces of custom plastic parts used and they add manufacturing costs so with $5 servos and a $10 motor of reasonable quality the price fits in with the market with the smaller EPP Nano Goblin @ $75 no motor or servos. Both amazing wings but very different. Addicting hobby...
Apr 04, 2018, 11:28 AM
John Hendry
Quote:
Originally Posted by seng30904
I wouldn't have an EPO FPV wing. Durafly will miss a lot of sales due to the Tomahawk not being an EPP model. Other than that, I would have bought one. Price point is a bit high also. A 2205 motor and a couple of inexpensive servos, plus about 10 cents of EPO beads does not equal their stated price point.
It's not an EPO wing, it's plastic and foam composite construction that if good plastic will ware better than EPP. Huge difference in manufacturing cost and big difference in performance over any foam surface without adding much weight. Large cooling holes that actually work and reduce weight. Can't do that with foam alone. But I'm at a loss why the control horns are not placing the clevis over the hinge line. Perhaps for some reason on a CAD program it's easier to program using this type of mechanical control surface differential to deal with adverse yaw but I like symmetry for a starting point where this much up ... is... this much down... let's go up and down... and see what happens... and then adjust it till it rolls straight. But if it's rolling straight out of the box with stock radio symmetry to the RX most people won't notice to care so job well done as one less step for the new comer and easy enough to change the control horns.

I like this wing and with all the other sub 250 gram winged options out like the Nano Goblin creating a demand for quality micro servos and other micro electronic parts we should start seeing some cool stuff coming out like a wing that can call home and say where it is....
Apr 07, 2018, 05:52 AM
I ordered the Tomahawk from Hobbyking and have it on my table now. But I got a big issue with the CG. I purchased a 4S 1000 lipo (as recommended) but no change to get the right CG with (extremely nose heavy). EVEN without the FPV equipment which will bring even more weight to the front.
I think about cutting away the foam material under the wing stringer (right word?) in order to be able to bring the lipo a little bit more to the back. But I am feared that this loss of stability will not be good for the plane.

Any experiences available here already?

Quick Reply