Roguewave F1 - Brushed RTR

The new Roguewave is perfect for the lake or pool, and features a self-righting design so you don't have to chase down a flipped boat!

Splash

A 10" Self-Righting Tunnel Hull

The new Revolution Roguewave F1 is hitting the shelves just in time for the upcoming lake season. This 10" self-righting RTR boat is shaped like an F1 tunnel hull and features an inboard-mounted brushed 380-sized motor with watercooling coils. It comes with an integrated ESC/receiver combo, and a 7.4 360 mAh LiIon. Here's what Horizon Hobby says about this new mini boat:

The Revolution® Roguewave™ 10-inch self-righting F1 tunnel hull is a quick, nimble and durable electric boat that is perfect for pools or small ponds, and Ready-To-Run right out of the box. The impact resistant hull houses waterproof electronics like the speed control, steering servo and 2.4GHz receiver while the rechargeable battery offers zippy performance and good run times. But the awesome benefit of this boat is that you'll never have to worry about capsizing. The Roguewave tunnel hull is designed with self-righting capability so it always flips upright no matter how much wake you make.

Revolution Roguewave 10" F1 Self-Righting Brushed Tunnel RTR (1 min 31 sec)

Everything Included The Roguewave F1 Tunnel Hull is factory assembled and Ready-To-Run, right out of the box. Inside the box you will find a 2.4GHz transmitter that features proportional control and control trims. The Lithium-Ion boat battery offers good run times and is rechargeable with the included USB charger that works conveniently with any standard USB port. There's nothing extra you need to buy. Even the AA batteries for the transmitter are included.

Easy and Durable The Roguewave F1 Tunnel Hull is perfect for any beginner who wants a great start in the world of RC boating. The easy-to-drive design is complemented with confidence inspiring self-righting capability that helps keep the boat upright, even if it capsizes. The impact-resistant hull makes bumps and crashes uneventful, while waterproof electronics let you splash away worry-free.

CLICK HERE for more information on the Revolution Roguewave F1.

Features:

• Fully factory-assembled and ready-to-run right out of the box
  • Everything included so there's nothing extra to buy or provide
  • Impact-resistant design prevents the boat from flooding when flipped
  • Waterproof electronics provide worry-free operation
  • Water-cooled high-speed electric motor
  • Composite propeller optimized for strength and efficiency
  • Low-maintenance shaft-drive system
  • Boat stand for transport and display
  • 2.4GHz transmitter with proportional controls
  • Rechargeable Li-Ion boat battery
  • Convenient USB charger
  • Available in two factory-finished trim schemes

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Mar 13, 2018 at 09:24 AM..
Mar 27, 2018, 01:01 PM
Electric RC Addict
I was just wondering if anyone has purchased one of these yet. I know these are in-store only items but I haven't noticed anything about when or if they've been released to stores yet.

Looks like an awesome little boat. I'm really liking these Horizon pint sized boats lately.
Mar 27, 2018, 07:55 PM
Just Plane Nutts
If I had a swimming pool, maybe. They feel too slow on lakes and large ponds. I have a monohull of similar size I use to run in the ponds at Intuit's headquarters, until the guard kicked us out one day...
Mar 27, 2018, 08:27 PM
Electric RC Addict
I don't mind running them in the lake as I don't have to worry about banging it into the side of a pool. Speaking of which, I am a pool route technician. I wonder if a customer would mind if I tossed one in their pool for a quick run!!!

If I want to go really fast, that's what my big bad Veles 29 is for.
Mar 27, 2018, 08:30 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Make an attachment that dispenses drops of chlorine and tell them it's a new tool for purifying the water economically (heh-heh).
Mar 27, 2018, 08:33 PM
Electric RC Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDOGGe
Make an attachment that dispenses drops of chlorine and tell them it's a new tool for purifying the water economically (heh-heh).
Not really needed for the chlorine but it'd be awesome for the sulfuric acid used for lowering the PH. That stuff will burn you if it gets on your skin.
Apr 04, 2018, 08:56 PM
Life is short, buy the boat.
when does the nitro version come out?
May 26, 2018, 02:38 PM
Electric RC Addict
Just a heads up if anyone is interested.

These boats are now available and they look great. I grabbed 2 of them. They come in orange and white. With both boats, the hulls are black and the canopy is either orange or white. They also have a flood chamber in the left sponson to aid in self righting. No need to cycle forward and backward with the throttle to self right these.

Just waiting for the rain to stop so my fiancee and I can run them.
Jun 01, 2018, 11:45 PM
Did you ever run them??
Latest blog entry: Live chat room
Jun 02, 2018, 10:49 PM
Electric RC Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496
Did you ever run them??
Yes we did and they run great. We'll get videos next time.

As far as run time, they ran about 10 minutes or so with the stock 2S 360mAh Li-ion battery before the LVC kicked in.
Jun 03, 2018, 08:46 AM
That will be great! It looks nice a fun little boat. 10 mins is a great runtime!
Latest blog entry: Live chat room

Quick Reply