May 12, 2018, 10:55 AM
I saw it, but I think such small cameras work with 1280x720 - higher resolutions
are upscaled. There are action cams with TRUE 4K/30fps or 4K/60fps like
ThiEYE t5 Edge, Mijia 4K, Yi 4k, Yi4K+ ....

Quelima SQ13 Mini Car Dashboard and Portable Camera DVR - GearBest (1 min 21 sec)
Last edited by MartinMai; May 12, 2018 at 06:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2018, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinMai
I saw it, but I think such small cameras work with 1280x720 - higher resolutions
are upscaled. There are action cams with TRUE 4K/30fps or 4K/60fps like
ThiEYE t5 Edge, Mijia 4K, Yi 4k, Yi4K+ ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrDzPwXqdTQ
Like Firefly 8S/8SE, the video quality of SQ13 so bad...
May 15, 2018, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinMai
Hehe, same "card eating" happened with me :-)

Firefly is NOT an excellent cam, SQ12 or SQ11 are better, smaller and less expensive.
SQ12 also has underwater housing.

Firefly Micro cam has better video quality and better color

Better price better quality

Hawkeye Firefly Micro cam pk SQ 12 part2 (1 min 34 sec)
May 16, 2018, 04:43 AM
Have mine waiting in the mail. It might be same hardware and different software. But I think it is not the same hardware, maybe different optics on top of the software.
May 16, 2018, 05:23 AM
Two things put me off about this camera.

1. The mount is so big and not discrete. It is like they tried to make it as big as possible. I would have liked to have seen a more discrete mount, possibly even a small and adjustable bike mount. I have a 360 tripod mount for my bike, but it is so big and stands out.

2. The video quality is not very good. 1080p is nice, but either the CMOS is poor quality or there is very high compression in the codec. You can buy big capacity SD cards, so low compression codecs which will give good quality is easy.

I hope there is another Firefly Micro camera released soon. With better CMOS, lower codec compression and better mounts. Once I see evidence of these, I will send you my money!
May 16, 2018, 06:00 AM
Just got home, unpacked and put for charging.
Mount is made to give you standard FPV angle. You can easily print another. Bottom of mount has hole for baseplate for standard screw. I don't think the mount is that good either.
Image quality as I have seen it, i not good, but better than PAL/NTSC DVR.

Anybody have a link to a useable FPV cable ? The most stupid decision they made was include a mini-b USB to USB + RCA Jack cable. They should have included a minimal cable from mini-b USB to GND+5V+Video out in a single 2.54mm servo/dupont connector. Want such a cable so I can do with one cam.
May 16, 2018, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by povlhp
Mount is made to give you standard FPV angle. You can easily print another. Bottom of mount has hole for baseplate for standard screw. I don't think the mount is that good either.

Anybody have a link to a useable FPV cable ? The most stupid decision they made was include a mini-b USB to USB + RCA Jack cable. They should have included a minimal cable from mini-b USB to GND+5V+Video out in a single 2.54mm servo/dupont connector. Want such a cable so I can do with one cam.
After several hard crashes, the mount is still in one piece on mine (on top of my Leader120 multirotor). I like that I can pull the cam out without having to cut my cable ties. Image quality is what I expected from a $25 cam. Granted, the Q6 quality is amazing at $60, so using it as a baseline...is the Micro less than half as good as the Q6? I'd say yes it is.
Latest blog entry: 6000mAh lipo for my Taranis QX7
May 17, 2018, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Have mine waiting in the mail. It might be same hardware and different software. But I think it is not the same hardware, maybe different optics on top of the software.
Firefly Micro Cam with better sensor and lens, the software can't use together!
May 17, 2018, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamael
Two things put me off about this camera.

1. The mount is so big and not discrete. It is like they tried to make it as big as possible. I would have liked to have seen a more discrete mount, possibly even a small and adjustable bike mount. I have a 360 tripod mount for my bike, but it is so big and stands out.

2. The video quality is not very good. 1080p is nice, but either the CMOS is poor quality or there is very high compression in the codec. You can buy big capacity SD cards, so low compression codecs which will give good quality is easy.

I hope there is another Firefly Micro camera released soon. With better CMOS, lower codec compression and better mounts. Once I see evidence of these, I will send you my money!
60f

Thanks for your kindly suggestion, we will release 1080P 60fps for the next genration.
May 17, 2018, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by day o
After several hard crashes, the mount is still in one piece on mine (on top of my Leader120 multirotor). I like that I can pull the cam out without having to cut my cable ties. Image quality is what I expected from a $25 cam. Granted, the Q6 quality is amazing at $60, so using it as a baseline...is the Micro less than half as good as the Q6? I'd say yes it is.
Thanks!
May 17, 2018, 04:51 AM
Quote:

I see, yes, better than DVR
May 17, 2018, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor.K
60f

Thanks for your kindly suggestion, we will release 1080P 60fps for the next genration.
Make a decent price (<$50) 1080p 30/60fps cam and you will be selling it like hot cakes.
Or at least TRUE 1080p...
May 29, 2018, 09:27 PM
Testing Hawkeye FireFly Micro Action Cam (1 min 14 sec)
May 29, 2018, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by montis
Make a decent price (<$50) 1080p 30/60fps cam and you will be selling it like hot cakes.
Or at least TRUE 1080p...
working on it ,thanks!
May 30, 2018, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor.K
working on it ,thanks!
Great! Looking forward to test it!

Quick Reply