This thread is privately moderated by Stanbur, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 12, 2018, 09:59 PM
Trader Rating: 90
$160.00 USD
Seller Pays Shipping
Sold

Traxxas TMaxx 2.5 4 wheel drive, 2 speed transmission PRICE REDUCED!!!

I have a Traxxas TMaxx 2.5 nitro for sale. It is in very good condition. Starts easily and runs good. 4 wheel drive. Includes truck, transmitter, receiver, and original owners manual. Does not include batteries for the transmitter (8AA) or for the receiver (4AA). It is wired for the Traxxas EZ Start, but the EZ Start wand does NOT come with the truck. You will have to provide your own. For those not familiar with the EZ Start system, the wand is operated by a NiCd battery. You simply push the wand into the EZ Start plug (installed on the truck from the factory) and press the button. The wand heats the glow plug, and engages the electric starter motor, turning over the nitro engine . No need for glow plug ignitors, starter box, or extra batteries. Once the nitro engine fires off, all you have to do is unplug the wand from the EZ Start plug and return it to your toolbox for the next use. The truck has a two speed transmission, and gear shifting is accomplished via a toggle switch of the transmitter. (again see picture).

This truck has been disassembled, and completely gone through. I cleaned each and every part, screw and nut. I replaced parts as needed, including new clutch assembly in the transmission, new slipper clutch pegs and disc in the slipper clutch, new spur gear, and a new front bulkhead (broken when my son ran it head on into the curb/mailbox post) The shocks (all 8) have each been rebuilt and there are no leaks. I started and ran the truck yesterday, just before taking the pictures, just to be sure everything was good to go. The tires are like new, while the chrome is somewhat faded on the wheels. (Please pay close attention to the pictures). The body is in pretty decent condition. Again, look at the pictures. It does have some scuffing on the top of the cab, and there is a hole worn on each side of the rear of the truck bed. It was that way when I bought the truck, I don't have a clue how you do that. The holes have been patched with tape on the underside of the body, and the inside of the body has been sprayed with "Plastic Dip" aerosol just to even out the exterior colors and make the over body look better.

I think this is a great looking, great running truck. It is big, and has no trouble climbing curbs, rocks etc.

Price is firm, sorry, no trades. PayPal only. I will pay shipping in the lower 48 states only.

Due to the nature of the hobby, no warranty is offered, but please review my ratings and feedback and feel comfortable with what you see. I have been as honest and complete in my description as possible. If you are interested in another angle , or close-up photo of any area of concern, please feel free to ask
Last edited by Stanbur; Mar 30, 2018 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Price lowered
to remove ads between posts
Mar 20, 2018, 10:03 PM
Trader Rating: 36
Need more white gorrilla glue.
Nice old tmaxx! I would take it if I had the extra money!
Mar 22, 2018, 09:45 AM
Yes it is in darn good shape other than the back of the body, the corners of the pickup bed. I guess whoever had it before me had it upside down a time or two. I went through it, replacing parts as needed, and giving it a good cleaning. It hauls butt. I am thinking of getting out of nitro. Wasn't as much fun as I expected. Being older and in bad health, I think electric is more enjoyable for me. Plus I don't have any place handy to run it, and don't want to make the neighbors mad. It can get pretty loud.
Mar 30, 2018, 12:20 AM
Price reduce today!!
Apr 04, 2018, 10:10 PM
Trader Rating: 5

Traxxas TMaxx

Still for sale?
Apr 05, 2018, 06:55 AM
Yes, still available.

Quick Reply