E-flite X-Vert is On Sale! - RC Groups

E-flite X-Vert is On Sale!

The popular X-Vert is on sale right now for a huge discount. Check out our review video to see what makes the X-Vert so cool.

Splash

Get the X-Vert for Less

We love the E-flite X-Vert from Horizon Hobby. It's a breakout model from last year that provides easy VTOL capabilities that anyone can fly. It's small, fun and unique and there's no wonder why the X-Vert is so popular. Our news story from the release last year has over 267,000 views! You can read that article and stay up to date on the X-Vert Here. Jim and I also got our hands on a couple for the official RCGroups review. Read that review here.

Horizon Hobby has an amazing sale going on right now. Normally the BNF version would be $149, but it's on sale right now for $119. That's not the best deal or even the lowest price, however. The RTF with a DXe transmitter is normally $199, but it is on sale right now for $99. That's $100 off!!! If you've been thinking about giving the X-Vert a try, now is definitely the time. Order the RTF for $99 and get a spare transmitter or give it to someone looking to get into the hobby.

Check out the E-flite X-Vert Sale at HorizonHobby.

Here's our review video on the E-flite X-Vert:

Mar 12, 2018, 03:20 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Just ordered one , that is a REALLY great price for everything that's included RTF !
Mar 21, 2018, 12:17 PM
I have watched all the videos I could find on YouTube related to the xvert.......Just received the RTF version ($99) in the mail this morning .....assembled it.....winds today are 20-30 mph gusts......so will have to put off the maiden flight until the winds die down......
Last edited by kenflyer; Mar 21, 2018 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Add more description
Mar 21, 2018, 02:53 PM

Real DXe or cheap knock off?

In the RTF version, does it come with a real DXe or a cheap knock off like most of the other RTFs?
Mar 21, 2018, 03:03 PM
Random Flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashLess
In the RTF version, does it come with a real DXe or a cheap knock off like most of the other RTFs?
ROFL! Yes its the RTF, switch-reduced DXe. Still works fine; HH still confusing customers and ignoring the need to explain the differences to customers! Andy from Spektrum explains it as the same as realizing cars can have different engines!
Mar 21, 2018, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashLess
That's been discussed a lot on this main thread on the X-Vert.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ps-com/page247

Not the same DXe as the one sold separate & for 100.00 for this RTF X-Vert, I wouldn't expect more (does everything needed for this plane)
Even comes with batteries (4 for the TX & one 800mah LIPO for the plane)
Absolute killer deal (half price)

I paid 150.00 for my BNF X-Vert when they came out & even felt that was a decent price for this plane.
BNF doesn't come with the LIPO (plane only)
Last edited by Clive66; Mar 21, 2018 at 03:13 PM.
Mar 21, 2018, 03:27 PM

Lunch break flyer

I saw the email from Horizon advertising the RTF for $99. After seeing the RC Groups review I ordered one + a spare battery. Looks like a fun lunch break flyer. I may put some lights on it and make it a night flyer for SEFF next month.
Mar 22, 2018, 07:07 AM
Luvin' Life
Thank you for this detailed video post. It sold me, well the $99 sale helped as well. I'm going to bind the X-Vert to my DX8 gen2 and give the DXe to a friend that is interested in getting into the hobby. What a deal and what a neat plane!
Mar 22, 2018, 07:49 AM
CA...gimme the CA...
Ordered! Too good of a deal to pass up. Looks as if it'll be an interesting diversion with a substantial level of fun.

If the wind will just cooperate...been blowing hard and steady from a funky direction for flying at my spot.
Mar 22, 2018, 02:27 PM
RCG Admin
Awesome, Enjoy!!!
Mar 22, 2018, 02:54 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
I received my $99 X-vert and I've flown it three times , it's my first plane with SAFE ..... SAFE sure does everything for you !
Mar 22, 2018, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon
.. SAFE sure does everything for you !
Does too much at times.
Latest blog entry: Goldberg Eagle 2
Mar 23, 2018, 07:13 AM
CA...gimme the CA...
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon
I received my $99 X-vert and I've flown it three times , it's my first plane with SAFE ..... SAFE sure does everything for you !
How does it fly with SAFE disabled?
Mar 23, 2018, 01:11 PM
IMO ( In My Opinion ) →
Quote:
Originally Posted by whowhatwhere
How does it fly with SAFE disabled?
I will find out next time .....
Mar 23, 2018, 01:20 PM
CA...gimme the CA...
I watched the video and it zipped around kinda speedy. This'll be my first plane of this configuration type so I'm in unexplored territory...never flown anything resembling a delta wing.

Quick Reply