Mar 11, 2018, 05:22 PM
rip
Thread OP
Discussion

RIP Ron Van Putte

Subject: Ron Vanputte
Date: March 11, 2018 at 4:18:38 PM CDT

Good Afternoon

It is with great sadness I have to pass the following news. Ron Vanputte, owner of Shalimar Hobbies, Secretary of Eglin Aero Modellers club, RC Pattern Flyer extraordinaire, and my friend and friend to many others has passed away this afternoon.
He will be missed by all.
Please keep him and his family in yours prayers and thoughts.

If there is any word on services I will pass it on.

Last edited by ripacheco; Mar 11, 2018 at 05:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 11, 2018, 05:23 PM
rip
Thread OP
Http://Facebook.com/eglinaeromodellers
Mar 11, 2018, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the update.
I am very sorry to hear of Ron's passing. He was a pattern icon for decades.
My sincerest condolences to his family and friends. He will be missed.
Mar 11, 2018, 11:43 PM
Very sad to hear. Condolences to his family and all you close friends of his. Ron was an icon to our hobby. How many years did he write the pattern column for Model Aviation? Seemed like decades. Back in the days of typewriters. What a huge loss. RIP RVP.
Mar 15, 2018, 04:57 PM
Very sad to learn of this. Enjoyed reading his work in Model Aviation for all those years.

Met him in 2000 when I was the RC CD for the SAM Champs in Pensacola, Ron came out and volunteered to work the full week, we had many great conversations on pattern, the then recent F3A World Champs in Pensacola and modeling in general. RIP Ron.
Mar 16, 2018, 08:29 PM
Missileer Extraordinaire
I knew Ron for 35 years. When I came into his organization as a young engineer he was a mentor to me. He was the best aerodynamicist I have known. I am a lowly EE and he would explain why my planes did what they did in terms I could understand. We became friends with the shared interest of radio control aircraft. I am going to miss him. As one of our mutual Navy friends used to say, “Fair winds and following seas, my friend.......”
Last edited by Mel Duval; Mar 18, 2018 at 11:21 AM.
May 16, 2018, 04:15 PM

RIP Ron

I was Site Director at Pattern Site 1 during the 1996 Nats. Ron was the Pattern overall honcho. He was a pleasure to work with and a fine gentleman. I'm saddened by the news of his passing. Belated condolences to all his family and friends.

Charley Robinson
AMA 6903

Quick Reply