This thread is privately moderated by My Precioussss!, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 02, 2018, 08:36 AM
Build, Fly, Crash...Repeat!
tom,

Great reminder to think again about the Ahi! I saw the video of it flying in ridiculously light beach lift and was amazed.

Dave W.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 02, 2018, 07:29 PM
Will fly for food
We will have a very special guest at this years SlopeFest.
Jun 08, 2018, 08:37 AM
Our local slope has closed for the summer so I'm anxious to get some wind in my face at Slopefest in August! I previously thought that the Cape Blanco campsites were full but now realize they are first-come, first-served! This is great because I have some slow-charge batteries and will want top have 24/7 electricity to keep things topped up.

Just put a battery-powered hot glue gun in my online shopping cart. Also lining up a bunch of handy tools such as a crimper, servo connectors and wire.
Jun 08, 2018, 09:24 AM
Loving Lee's Slope Slut
where did you find a battery powered hot glue gun?
Jun 08, 2018, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarheadFlyer
where did you find a battery powered hot glue gun?
Here you go. Saw it on another thread : https://hobbyking.com/en_us/battery-...-glue-gun.html
Jun 24, 2018, 09:24 AM
I'm getting my slope fleet ready for August! Just maidened a foamie ASW-28 2.5M yesterday. It should be good up to about 20mph winds on the slope. Big and graceful. I like how the wings flex under load. It was kind of a handful landing in turbulent afternoon flatland conditions. It has a swappable nose cone for pure slope.
Jul 09, 2018, 02:24 PM
Loving Lee's Slope Slut
Getting close enough to smell that salty sea air! Todd.... do you by chance have a digital copy of this years logo that you could send me? Chris and I are working on something for the raffle
Jul 12, 2018, 01:00 AM
auto-tune remix
I dropped in at Cape Blanco for 20 minutes of flying on the 4th. Southy, and pretty strong.
Jul 12, 2018, 09:46 AM
The question is are you going to drop back by in early August ??
Jul 12, 2018, 02:19 PM
I'm getting better with flying the ASW 28. The long wings require a deft touch on the rudder and proper pitch control. A completely different approach than all of my other planes. I'm going to play with some mixes that may be helpful.

I bought a Weasel-trek and can't wait to release it to the Slope God. I bought the Weasel for portability/durability over the Ahi. May just have to get both ��
Jul 12, 2018, 02:51 PM
Dave, trust me, you NEED both!!!
Actually, you may as well toss in an Alula-trek as well, there are times that all three will shine.
But, I do find that I fly my Ahi the most of the three. I pretty much only fly the Alula when it's super light since I can SAL it and it thermals pretty well. The Weasel I break out with heavier wind and ballast.
Richard ships pretty fast, you can have the Ahi here in plenty of time to fit it out before Blanco!

Is your ASW a pure or motor glider? I have both a pure and motor DG-1000 (actually a few different motor DG-1000s) and while they aren't "fun" to fly in the bank-n-yank style, they are fun to try to fly them in a smooth, scale style.
Jul 12, 2018, 06:08 PM
Will fly for food
Did someone say ASW 28 at the Cape?
Last edited by davidjensen; Jul 12, 2018 at 11:34 PM.
Jul 12, 2018, 10:32 PM
David, beautiful airships!

Tom, um...my ASW 28 is the cheapie Volantex sold by HobbyKing $130 gets you everything! Big foamie fun.

My wife says she wants a $5K garden storage shed, three $150 trees, a trip to British Columbia and a vehicle that makes all three possible. Oy Vey - on my classified staff salary..
Jul 13, 2018, 11:54 AM
Looking forward to the 20th anniversary slopefest
And hopefully we’re going to have a great time once again

I’m selling my rtf carbon T tail Freddy so if anyone is
Interested pm me for info.

Mike
Jul 16, 2018, 09:46 PM
pnc
pnc
3 weeks to go have a few new gliders to throw off the cliff lol ........
And a few gliders for the raffle..

Pete

Quick Reply