This thread is privately moderated by My Precioussss!, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 10, 2018, 11:06 AM
Flags blow'n, I'm go'n
Contest

**** Southern Oregon Slopeiens - 20th Year **** Slopefest 2018 at Cape Blanco

-----------------------------------------------

SLOPEFEST 2018 AT CAPE BLANCO

-----------------------------------------------

This will be our 20 year anniversary. We are going to pull out all of the stops. It should be a great event.

The dates for this years event are August 7th - 12th, 2018.

Please see the website for additional information.

http://clubsos.itgo.com/index.html

I have had several requests for a swap meet type of day. Maybe Friday or before the event dinner on Saturday would work for that.

We are planning on Shirts and Hats this year.

Any donations of planes, modeling stuff or whatever are appreciated for the raffle.

We had over 40+ pilots at last years event.

I hope to see you all again this year!

Sincerely,

Todd N. Davis
President
Southern Oregon Slopeiens
Last edited by My Precioussss!; Mar 10, 2018 at 11:30 AM. Reason: typo
to remove ads between posts
Mar 10, 2018, 12:53 PM
Loving Lee's Slope Slut
Chris and I will be there! Can't wait to see all you guys again this year.
Mar 12, 2018, 10:50 AM
Will fly for food
The classic Cape Blanco video

Cape Blanco 2011 (13 min 26 sec)
Mar 15, 2018, 08:14 PM
Flags blow'n, I'm go'n
Love that video. Hutch will be back. Hopefully he will grace us with another video of the event.
Mar 16, 2018, 09:38 PM
bayagliders.com
I am going to plan on making the trip up from the San Francisco Bay Area. Curious about the slope site and what makes it so good and how much wind do you guys get. How far is down to the beach from where you fly and where do you camp at?
Mar 17, 2018, 12:40 PM
Will fly for food
Cape Blanco State Park is a gem. We get the group campground (40 of us last year) where we all pick a spot and set up shop. You have to drive to the point (2 min.) and carry your stuff about 200 yards to the front side slope. Its about 400 to yards to the beach. The front side slope is OK by most standards but the beauty is spectacular. In your face combat is always fun and you can range out quite a ways out when the wind is in the right direction which it is most of the time. Winds vary from 10 to 50+. The real attraction is the back side slope which is about 20 yards from the parking lot. DS speeds in excess of 200 are possible and just doing fast loops with several JW's is TOO MUCH FUN. There are several videos on YouTube and look for the pictures from past years threads for the SlopeFest.. The camping is also a lot of fun as we always seem to destroy someone's toy something or another. There is a big raffle and party/dinner on Saturday evening and there is always a nice airframe (last year a 2M Blade) that goes to one of the pilot entries. Let us know if you have any more questions and hope to see you there.
Mar 17, 2018, 03:28 PM
bayagliders.com
Ok, great thanks for the info, sounds like a fun road trip!
Mar 18, 2018, 04:26 PM
Expert Rekitter
I should be there again this year as well, looking forward to it!
Mar 19, 2018, 04:07 PM
pnc
pnc
It is going to be awesome
Mar 30, 2018, 01:52 PM
Build, Fly, Crash...Repeat!
I'm planning to attend. I hope to try DS for the first time and will bring every plane I own or can "borrow"

I flew slope for several years, then fell away from the hobby in the early 90's. In the last 6 months I've bought and destroyed a Phantom 3 DJI quadcopter (boring flying camera) and now have a fleet of electric planes/gliders that are a bunch of fun.

I'm sure I'll have to test all of my planes on the slope and see which ones have what it takes to fly well without their props You'll never know if you don't throw it off a cliff!

Dave W.
Mar 31, 2018, 10:52 AM
Dave, still lots of time to build a dedicated sloper!
Mar 31, 2018, 08:52 PM
Build, Fly, Crash...Repeat!
tom,

But I'm already building a 150MPH+ Rifle 1M and an Oly III this spring. My wife has put me on preliminary expenditure warning . I'll watch swap meets and ask for hobby funds with my birthday coming up. I can easily do the electronics for a dedicated sloper.

What inexpensive but fun slopers are catching your eye at the moment? I've never vacuum-bagged but I've done a few sheeted wings over the years - both foam core and built-up. I'm pretty rough on my planes and fly them like they're stolen.

I've done plenty of EPP wings, etc so those are fall-backs when I've crashed everything else.

Dave W.
Apr 01, 2018, 05:21 PM
Wow! 20 years! Cannot miss this one! It will be great to see the gang again.
>Thom
Apr 01, 2018, 11:19 PM
Dave, I've been having a blast with my DreamFlight Ahi lately. Foam, cheap, a great flier and unlike most, not unobtainum!
Most of the others that I have a swap/'right place at right time' finds. For go fast, I like the plank Gizmo's but the wait is pretty long and Tim is working on a new process that looks awesome but I suspect the queue is pretty long... If we meet up at Peterson or down at Blanco, I'll give you a swing on mine. It will keep up with quite a few F ships, especially with the WinchDoc ballast blocks!.
Apr 01, 2018, 11:19 PM
Missed you the last couple of years Thom, be good to fly with you again!

Quick Reply