This thread is privately moderated by GliderGuider2017, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 08, 2018, 04:30 PM
Trader Rating: 0
Free
Will not ship
For Sale

6'/2M Polyhedral Wing Trainer Sailplane

I bought a lot of stuff at a garage sale last year and it included a 72"/2M one-piece polyhedral wing trainer type sailplane. I'm not sure what model it is, and the wing that is included may not be the original. this is a two channel glider (rudder and elevator). I have decided to concentrate on 100" and larger sailplanes, so I'm getting rid of most of my planes and kits that are smaller than 100".

It's not a Wanderer, Drifter, Drifter II, or Pierce Arrow Trainer. the wing is covered in Purple and yellow Monocoat. The wing chord is almost constant at 8", tapering to 6" at the tip panels.

I've done some work on it to make it airworthy (made a new hatch & elevators). The fuselage and tail feathers need to be recovered, but they are in good shape. I started some upgrades on the wing that have not been finished (I will work on it while it's waiting for a new home). No electronics are included.

I am giving it away to someone who will fly it. LPU Only, I don't think it is worth the cost of the shipping since it would take a big box with the one-piece wing.

If interested PM with email, for photos
Last edited by GliderGuider2017; Mar 08, 2018 at 04:46 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 11, 2018, 01:47 PM
Trader Rating: 2
Hello
I would like the plane if available. I get the occasional LA layovers (stay near LAX) and could pick it up. My son (14) and I are looking for another “floater”. Problem is, I don’t have any LAX or BUR layovers at the moment.
Noel (Flying Monkey5000)
noelsoderlund@msn.com
Mar 11, 2018, 05:26 PM
Trader Rating: 0
You are welcomed to the glider if you will come get it. I'm about an hour and 15 minutes East of LAX about one mile off the 210 freeway.

The glider is not in a box or anything.

When do you think you could come get it?

Michael
Mar 11, 2018, 08:36 PM
Trader Rating: 2
PM sent to you
Thank you

Quick Reply