Mar 08, 2018, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libelle201B
So answer the question RR has not answered, how can dems make good on a promise when they don’t control both houses of Congress?
Trump offered them a great deal. Why didn't they take it? And why didn't they do more when they DID have all three branches?
Mar 08, 2018, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492
Why don't they come to the table? The republicans and the white house are waiting.
Last I heard they had an agreement with McConnell to find a solution, the ball is in the republican court. Haven’t heard anything about it since.
Mar 08, 2018, 06:03 PM
Closed Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Last I heard they had an agreement with McConnell to find a solution, the ball is in the republican court. Haven’t heard anything about it since.
Schumer broke that agreement. That is one reason why The DACA recipients are pissed ant the Dems.
Mar 08, 2018, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot
Trump offered them a great deal. Why didn't they take it? And why didn't they do more when they DID have all three branches?
DACA legislation was due to the democrats ie Obama, now why don’t you tell me what the republicans have offered these people in the past and now?
Mar 08, 2018, 06:07 PM
Quote:
So answer the question RR has not answered, how can dems make good on a promise when they don’t control both houses of Congress?
They could show up and negotiate? Or, they could continue their collective tantrum. Looks like they chose the latter.
Mar 08, 2018, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by propflux01
Schumer broke that agreement. That is one reason why The DACA recipients are pissed ant the Dems.
Schumer wasn’t going to shut down the government for a long period of time over DACA, do you remember the shut down? Are you now claiming it would have been a good idea?
Mar 08, 2018, 06:11 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Quote:
Then you haven't listened. Schumer walked away from the table. He has now tied everything to the mid terms. The plan that was laid out by the republicans and the white house was clear, easy and right.
Mar 08, 2018, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b-E
They could show up and negotiate? Or, they could continue their collective tantrum. Looks like they chose the latter.
How is Schumer supposed to negotiate or even trust a president that keeps changing his position on DACA? Trump was all for a solution before he was against it. I posted a link to his many 180’s on the issue. Now why don’t you tell me about the republican plan for these people, if there even is one.
Mar 08, 2018, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492
Then you haven't listened. Schumer walked away from the table. He has now tied everything to the mid terms and tax increases. The plan that was laid out by the republicans and the white house was clear, easy and right.
Schumer had no negotiating power beyond shutting down the government, he wasn’t stupid, continuing to do so was hurting him and the democrats, he caved, he had no choice but to take McConnell at his word that DACA would be renegotiated in the near future. Those are the facts.
Mar 08, 2018, 06:19 PM
Closed Account
Thread OP
Quote:
Schumer wasn’t going to shut down the government for a long period of time over DACA, do you remember the shut down? Are you now claiming it would have been a good idea?
Where did I claim it a good idea? I am just saying they had a chance right there and they blew it. If they didn't, then the DACA recipients wouldn't be pissed at the Dems, now would they ?
Mar 08, 2018, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by propflux01
If you read the article, you would have seen the reference in 2009. Why not then?

For current situation (when the gov shutdown talks were commencing), this:

Despite Monday's vote to reopen the government, sharp divisions remain. Democrats and Republicans still face a deep divide on some key issues, including the border wall. At Friday's meeting with the president, Sen. Schumer made an offer to fund the wall. However, as negotiations continued, Sen. Schumer withdrew that offer. He spoke on the Senate floor Tuesday saying, "Democrats will continue to fight hard as ever for the Dreamers, but I am more hopeful today than I was last week that we can assemble 60 votes for a DACA bill in the Senate."

( http://longisland.news12.com/story/3...aca-protection )

So who's at fault with this?

Trump did something that needed to be done for awhile. Instead of sitting on this temporary solution, he cancelled it in order to force congress to get off their asses and find a solution. The dems just hate the fact that if something came up, they'd have to give some credit to the Trump administration fort forcing a solution. That's something they are willing to sacrifice the DACA recipients for.
The negotiations failed, you do get that don’t you? Like I said Schumer wasn’t going to risk a continued government shutdown over DACA, do you actually think he should have? Of course you do, it would have hurt him and the party just as all the previous government shutdowns hurt the republicans.
Mar 08, 2018, 06:45 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Quote:
Schumer had no negotiating power beyond shutting down the government, he wasn’t stupid, continuing to do so was hurting him and the democrats, he caved, he had no choice but to take McConnell at his word that DACA would be renegotiated in the near future. Those are the facts.
What negotiating power did he need? He had a great deal from Trump that gave even more people citizenship. He decided to put illegal aliens over our soldiers. Bad move on his part.
Mar 08, 2018, 06:46 PM
The dems would not give on anything. Last thing I read, they wanted amnesty for 11 million, and no end of chain migration. Ridiculous.
Mar 08, 2018, 06:47 PM
Quote:
DACA legislation was due to the democrats ie Obama, now why don’t you tell me what the republicans have offered these people in the past and now?
DACA wasn't legislation it was Obama with a pen and a phone. Completely illegal as was most of the crap he pulled on America.
Mar 08, 2018, 06:52 PM
Closed Account
Thread OP
Quote:
The negotiations failed, you do get that don’t you? Like I said Schumer wasn’t going to risk a continued government shutdown over DACA, do you actually think he should have? Of course you do, it would have hurt him and the party just as all the previous government shutdowns hurt the republicans.
Of course I do? How about sucking face and compromise, instead of failing because you don’t like who you’d have to thank.

Quick Reply