This thread is privately moderated by ErikW1969, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 08, 2018, 03:11 PM
Trader Rating: 20
$110.00 USD
Seller Pays Shipping
Sold

Vortex 285 BNF Spektrum with upgrades, lots of spare parts and props

Vortex 285 BNF Spektrum in great condition with upgrades and lots of spare parts and props!
$110 shipped CONUS

I bought this here on RCGroups as my first "real" quadcopter. Itís in excellent condition and I just changed the bearings with original T-motor bearings on three of the motors that were starting to have some bearing wear noise. I believe the previous owner must have already changed the bearings in the fourth motor as it is tight and smooth. So all four motors are now silky smooth and ready to go.

The receiver included is a Lemon RX Spektrum compatible diversity receiver.

The battery connector in the photos is a Deans style T-plug but has been changed to an XT60 connector.

This is an original version Vortex but the previous owner made some nice upgrades. This is from his ad on rcgroups from when I purchased it:

Upgrades:
--Thicker, more durable skid plate and aluminum support pillars from Pyro-Rc installed on front end. The original bumper/skid plate on the front end was and is a significant design weakness. The original and replacements break constantly. This one is bullet proof.
--Version 2 side plates installed. The original design had thin metal straps to protect the rear led from folding arms in a crash. This did not work at all. The upgraded side plates catch the arms and stop them from doing damage in a crash.
--Rubber landing gear upgrade. I added sugru(silicone) to the landing gear in order to soften landings

Extras:
--Includes 4x replacement carbon fiber arms
--Includes remains of 2 replacement part kits, one black and one red. Plenty to cover really hard crashes.
--Includes [several sets as shown] of DAL 5040 bullnose replacement props. They're really durable. You won't run out. Besides that, they work pretty well with one of the protunes.
--Includes 2 sets of gemfan 5030 props.
--Includes 1 set of gemfan 5040 props.

Plus, extra screws, motor mounts, motor C clips, bottom plates, original side plates and prop nuts.

Please note that the camera in the pictures with the parts is not an extra camera, itís the one that will come installed, I just had it out at the time of the photos since I hadnít taken my RunCam Swift out yet (highly recommend that upgrade BTW). Also, the props on the quad are also shown in the pile of extra props so the photo with all of the props is the total quantity you will receive.

Here is the ad from the original owner with some nice flight videos if youíre interested:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...pgrades-extras

PLEASE NOTE that Immersion RC has their own hardware and firmware for the vortex that must be used. You cannot just flash the newest betaflight on it, it will just beep at you and not arm. You will need to read and follow the instructions to setup your transmitter with the wizard before you can fly it. Otherwise, it has the latest immersion/betaflight firmware and is ready to fly.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2018, 09:40 PM
MJF
Trader Rating: 9
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
Pm sent

Quick Reply