Jun 11, 2018, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCC
Here's my experience with this drone. I took it pretty decently high up for a toy. No range issues there.

It wasn't dying off on me in decent range and it flew beyond its video capabilities.

I also compare it a little bit to the older version, since I own both.

I liked it. It's one of the few toy drones on the market in this class that can really fly for this long. Mod it with an AiO fpv camera and it would be a sweet backyard cruiser with great flight time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGVgRhd8atI
Nice review John, For beginners they will like this quad a lot with the amount of flight time you get from it but for me it was too long
to remove ads between posts
Jun 12, 2018, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDShow
Thanks and in terms of the range the older model wasn't this bad for me hopefully my unit is abit of a dud, what was also really annoying is once it did land sometimes it seemed to think it had crashed and switching it on and off did nothing I had to remove the battery and plug it back in.
Received mine today and have the exact same problem. Just flew it briefly, too much wind.
Hope we can fix this.
Jun 13, 2018, 02:01 PM
I could do a better test now. I did not have the issue today with the drone stopping completely. I wonder if it is/was related to the battery charge. I did not charge completely yesterday, but today I had.

I used Wifi to transfer the video and it looked pretty crappy. I will put a sd card in next.

For the rest it flys okay. I have to get used to the altitude hold mode, which I think is always on?

I did not notice any range issues, but from the wifi video.
Jun 13, 2018, 02:30 PM
HEre you go, my first video recorded on SD card:
Testflight with XS809S (2 min 1 sec)

It's actually quite fun to fly, but the quality of the video is not so great...
Jun 13, 2018, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaCo
HEre you go, my first video recorded on SD card:
https://youtu.be/71AxqI1VfrQ

It's actually quite fun to fly, but the quality of the video is not so great...
Glad your having fun........yes altitude hold mode is alwas on,you might get a little better video if you secure the camera with a bit of foam and tape to get rid of any jello effect.
Jun 14, 2018, 02:43 AM

Visuo XS809S camera freezes lost WiFi connection and hot board area

Hello guys!
I'm new here. It is my first post.
I am a recent owner of XS809S, after two other beginner drones: H8 Mini and E58.
I can confirm the best of all is this Visuo - much more stable, greater speeds, wider range - overall a better flight experience. Also I love to fly on the low light - late afternoon or night. Has perfect LEDs which helps you to realize front and back.

BUT,
I received it with a small problem: after few minutes from turning it ON, camera start to have freezes and finally gets stuck in last known image AND WiFi connection is lost and can not be found anymore. The drone is very hot on the lower body, right above SD Card. In that moment I have to turn it OFF and let it cool down for some time; then again same story.
Please see video:
XS809S Frame Freezes (0 min 43 sec)

This behavior happens even if flying or not flying - especially when not flying, probably because when flying it is ventilating better.
From my point of view and based on websites, reviews and forum searches, I found that right in that spot there is the WiFi (and SD Card + camera) connection board. The drone have 2 boards, the other one being the Main board (which probably controls flying, motors, battery, connection with the controller...).
I checked the temperatures with a Professional Digital Thermometer - Burg-Wächter Energy PS 7420 and found that "hot area" have ~50°C, but other parts of the drone (battery, arms, LEDs..) have normal temperatures under 30°C, as you can see in the video below:
XS809S Hot Area (1 min 58 sec)

My request for you guys is, can you check your drones if after few minutes from turning it ON, that "hot area" is getting hot to almost untouchable ? Or maybe measure the temperatures with some tool.
Is anyone having same camera situation with frame freezing ?

I attached few images for showing exactly the spot and also temperatures.

Thank you for having time to read my post.
Have a nice flying !
Jun 14, 2018, 04:26 AM
@HaCo: not bad considering price etc. Not so long ago the cameras on these cheap quads were much, much worse: bad colors, bad exposure, narrow field of view. Horrible. This one could do with a higher framerate though. You might be able to get rid of the jello by balancing the props
Jun 15, 2018, 05:22 AM
I looked at the video on my tv yesterday and it looked actually quite ok. I just think the pixels don’t look very sharp, not sure if it is due to the lense or the sensor in the camera.

I have an 808 camera laying around, I will compare with it.

@razvan: I remember when testing the drone indoors, it was getting hot quickly at the place you are pointing at. Didn’t check outdoor yet.
Jun 15, 2018, 06:27 AM
@HaCo: Thank for your info. Yes I believe the same thing like indoor can get hotter than outdoor, but mine also starts to have image freezes and few moments/minutes after, the WiFi connection is lost and undetectable until leave drone for a while to cool down. This seems to me like a faulty behavior.

I mean, wireless router also have antennas and send and receive signals and data packs and get hot while stay indoor, but not lost the connection with your connected terminals (phone, laptop, tv...).
I compared drone with router because if we speak only about the connection for live video, it acts just like a router/AP when you connect your phone to it.

Now I am waiting for seller reaction.
I will post some records with my drone in action, when will be fully functional.
Jun 15, 2018, 03:05 PM
Just had another flight and I have to say it was a lot of fun. The quad really flies nice and stable and altitude hold is also pretty ok.
But, the issue I had during my first flight I had again. As soon as I tell the quad to land, it lands, so far okay. But, when I want to take off again the props briefly rotate and then it stops and does nothing anymore. I have to remove the battery and plug it back in, bind again and then it will run again. If WiFi video is still on, I cannot get it restarted either. I tested with and without WiFi, no difference
Jun 15, 2018, 04:58 PM
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote:
Originally Posted by razvan2503
My request for you guys is, can you check your drones if after few minutes from turning it ON, that "hot area" is getting hot to almost untouchable ? Or maybe measure the temperatures with some tool.
Is anyone having same camera situation with frame freezing ?
Not me. I just left mine on for quite some time and touched it. It's warm but it was not untouchable by any means. In my review, the video you see attached is my WiFi recording also. I haven't had my WiFi just drop out like that either unless I exceeded range. I wonder if your WiFi-FPV VTX in this model is shorting out. Sorry to hear that Mike and hope you get a working one.
Jun 18, 2018, 02:52 PM
i just received my xs809s and happy with 20min flight time but vide quality looks terrible because of over sharpening. i just found same problem with another user who puts video on youtube.
VISUO XS809S Video(1280*720 20fps) (2 min 1 sec)

i think some series has over sharpening problem(720p wide angle versions)

camera manufacturer link;

http://www.le-wei.com/acp_view.asp?id=66
Last edited by bariskayhan; Jun 19, 2018 at 04:26 PM.
Jul 17, 2018, 07:48 AM
Not so much interest here on the forum for this quad it seems...

To be honest, I had put mine aside as well. I broke a pinion during a crash a while back. What happend: I was doing some flips for my son, to sure if it was backward or forward, and suddenly the quad started to fall, no more power... and crash. I think the battery disconnected.
So my pinion was broken of the left rear motor. I ordered a new one, but the wrong one (CW instead of CCW), I put the motor in anyway. Then of course the quad flipped since you have to reverse polarity on the motor (CW instead of CCW). Then during the first flight the motor broke already. You probably can't reverse such motors, I'm not sure. So I switched the pinions and put back the old motor in the quad and at the same time I did a small mod for the antennas, you can see it in the pictures I attached.

So I resumed flying yesterday, I had a really nice flight in the evening over the fields and daring some FPV... I had good fun!

Today, just now I did another test and I think I finally found out what you have to do to avoid a complete power off after landing. As I reported before, when you use the land button, the quad lands nicely. When you press it again, you expect it to go up again, but instead the props lightly rotate and the power shuts off completely, WiFi connection also gone. To recover from this you have to unplug the battery, restart the remote control and then you can fly again. This really bugged me, the quad is OK, but with this I started to hate it, sorry.
But, I found a solution to it, I think. So, when you land with the LAND button and you are landed. Instead of pressing the TAKE-OFF button (which is the same as the LAND button), simply press the STOP button. The quad will start to hover again like you would have pressd TAKE-OFF. but
Maybe someone can explain this, but to me it seems more like a bug.

Regarding the antenna mods. Since I had to open the quad several times, I was able to do some basic antenna mods. I'm not sure if it has improved anything, and during flight the video sometimes drops away. I did not do sufficient testing before the mod to make a good comparison to the actual setup. But I think this is a more optimal position/orientation for both the antennas.
For those who wouldn't know: the simple small wire antenna is the antenna for the Tx. The dipole antenna which has a thicker base is the WiFi antenna.

I will order a better WiFi antenna, and install it later. Any tips or hints are a welcome of course.
Jul 17, 2018, 06:28 PM
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaCo
Not so much interest here on the forum for this quad it seems.
The new visuo is a good toy drone, but unlike last year, it is not something really unique. Visuo was the first of its kind in the "toy mavic" clone category to come out. "Oooh, cool, a toy drone but it folds and looks just like the DJI Mavic Pro!"

Fast forward to a year later ... now everyone on this forum has seen a variety of these "toy mavic" builds ... the novelty has worn off....

When it comes to toy-grade models, this is a good drone, priced okay for what you get. This year's upgrade has great flight time and a little better camera... but that's it. It's not amazing, but not bad either. Kind of like McDonalds or something.
Last edited by JohnCC; Jul 17, 2018 at 06:32 PM. Reason: \

Quick Reply