Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 08, 2018, 05:14 AM
Question

ImaxB6 and Frsky battery pack

Hello,
i have a Imax B6 charger and i just receive the Frsky battery pack 7.2v/2000mah.
But before destroy it, how do i set my B6 to charge it ? I know i have to set to Nimh and C=2.0A, but what about the max voltage ?

Thanks
Last edited by gregmurf; Mar 08, 2018 at 05:19 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2018, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmurf
Hello,
i have a Imax B6 charger and i just receive the Frsky battery pack 7.2v/2000mah.
But before destroy it, how do i set my B6 to charge it ? I know i have to set to Nimh and 2.0A, but what about the max voltage ?

Thanks
NIMH chargers do not usually have a voltage setting for charging, only current. They peak detect to finish charging. The voltage rises as charging and drops when the pack is fully charged and heats up.
Current setting should be at least half the capacity to give a reliably detectable peak voltage.
Too low a current will make the peak less detectable and may cause the pack to be overcharged.
Mar 08, 2018, 05:48 AM
Thanks. So i should set C to ~1.0A and adjust this on next charge ?
And leave the Dpeak detection to default ?
Mar 08, 2018, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmurf
Thanks. So i should set C to ~1.0A and adjust this on next charge ?
And leave the Dpeak detection to default ?
That's how I charge my NIMH. Current 1/2 capacity and default.
Pack will get warm at end of charge. Has to for the peak to detect.

Quick Reply