Apr 05, 2018, 01:40 PM
You lost me at the LS motors. i ordered a set for my Rooster. One had a bad winding ( was broken/separated, didnt know it till i test hovered, and it was very hot, looked at the windings, and seen the one sticking up); they are made of glass. no crash, coming down on the soft pads on the bottom, from about 1ft in the air, bent a bell. bought spare bells, flew again, came down on grass, same thing no crash, bent another bell. the thin spokes on top seem to move easy, making the bell rub onto the magnets on any landing or small tap. i have sense taken these off my rooster. i cant afford these motors. $18 a flight is too steep for me. im on a budget
to remove ads between posts
Apr 05, 2018, 02:31 PM
OutcastFPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattrickmwf View Post
I bound it to my Taranis X9. The roll and pitch axis only show 1100 to 1900. While the throttle and yaw show the normal 1000 to 2000. I've never used a xm plus before. Is that normal? Do I need to set the rx range?
setting end points has nothing to do with the rx you use. they are dependant on your transmitter. If you don't know how to set end points:

Taranis Q X7: Calibrating Channel Endpoints (7 min 5 sec)
Apr 05, 2018, 03:39 PM
I bound it to my Taranis X9. The roll and pitch axis only show 1100 to 1900. While the throttle and yaw show the normal 1000 to 2000. I've never used a xm plus before. Is that normal? Do I need to set the rx range?
Apr 05, 2018, 04:47 PM
Go into the Taranis setup and bump up the gain. You can get 1000 to 2000 that way. You adjust the min , max and subtrim on the Outputs page to get center at exactly 1500, min at 1000, max at 2000.
Apr 05, 2018, 07:43 PM
Trith_FPV
Once you have one model correct and how you want it. You can just "copy" it and not have to go through all this hassle again. Just rename the copy and re-bind to the new RX and youll be good to go!
Apr 05, 2018, 08:01 PM
OutcastFPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1T0N View Post
Once you have one model correct and how you want it. You can just "copy" it and not have to go through all this hassle again. Just rename the copy and re-bind to the new RX and youll be good to go!
and before you bind change the rx number preferably to coincide with the model number so there's no conflict
Apr 05, 2018, 09:03 PM
Taranis won't let you have two models with same RX number (pretty sure) I aways use Companion to make a copy - quad setups are almost identical for me. I do have to dial the numbers slightly with different receivers to get the 1000 1500 2000 on all channels but the copies get you real close.
Apr 07, 2018, 09:56 AM
This quad looks great for the price. However after watching many of the reviews, I found none of the reviewer pointed out that these new propellers, unlike the other AVAN props, is actually "heavily inspired" from DJI's design. And the flight performance seems to gain a lot because of these props.
Apr 07, 2018, 02:54 PM
Trith_FPV
While its true, a good set of props make a good drone, great . It will not make a crap drone, good.

Everything with this build has been designed from the bottom up by professional pilots. The power delivery system, the components, the custom tune. They all play their part in making this build work the way it does.

Mine just got delivered today. So I have yet to actually fly it myself. But I'm quite certain, if I toss on some DAL Cyclones, I will experience almost the same amount of performance as with the Avian Flows.

There is so much at play that could potentially impact a 100+mph drone. For it to be this stable and smooth at those speeds and have the control and handling I see it has.. is almost unheard of from a BNF package.

As for the "design" being heavily inspired. What company isnt at this point? If you look at newer HQ props, DAL, and now the Avian flows. They all share common characteristics. Because thats what works the best.

I welcome the competition. Its only going to help us consumers get better and better products down the line!
Apr 07, 2018, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Go into the Taranis setup and bump up the gain. You can get 1000 to 2000 that way. You adjust the min , max and subtrim on the Outputs page to get center at exactly 1500, min at 1000, max at 2000.
Does this happen with all xm receivers or just the one in the hawk? I have numerous quads running xsr and rxsr. Never see it off this much before.
Apr 07, 2018, 11:41 PM
OutcastFPV
I have been noticing something odd. When I first saw the hawk 5 I saw the motor mounting only had 3 screw holes in the arms. when mine arrived I noticed it has 4. I imagined they just changed it for release, however I have seen some recent unboxing's and they show only 3 motor screw holes in the arm and the rx antenna's were not pre mounted.

emax usa have listings for 5 inch and 6 inch replacements arms but they are all 3 hole:
http://emax-usa.com/hawk-5-5-inch-re...rms-set-2-pcs/
http://emax-usa.com/hawk-5-6-inch-arm-option-part-2pcs/

Has anyone else received one with 4 motor screw holes in the arms and the rx antennas already mounted?
Apr 08, 2018, 12:07 AM
OutcastFPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattrickmwf View Post
Does this happen with all xm receivers or just the one in the hawk? I have numerous quads running xsr and rxsr. Never see it off this much before.
Going through my list of models on my QX7 all my models are corrected to approx. on average +/- 98 consistently and that's for XM+'s, R-XSR's, XSR's, and some other compatible frsky rx's. You will have to adjust end points regardless of the rx you use

If you are finding your channel endpoints are way off I'd recommend adjusting the rx range in betaflight cli command. You can also use this method to not bother adjusted them on your transmitter

The default for example for rxrange 0 is 1000-2000 and so on

If in the receiver tab in betaflight you are seeing a min and max range of 1005 to 1995 you can just type

rxrange 0 1005 1995
save

And you will now see that without changing anything on your tx you have exactly 1000 to 2000 being reported on the receiver channel

I don't however bother with this method as I always copy an existing model on my tx that I have already setup for a new quadcopter, so my end points and everything are already set. saves me time. but it is useful if you are finding the ranges are way off and even exceed the extended limit option that a taranis will allow
Apr 08, 2018, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by christy1685 View Post
I have been noticing something odd. When I first saw the hawk 5 I saw the motor mounting only had 3 screw holes in the arms. when mine arrived I noticed it has 4. I imagined they just changed it for release, however I have seen some recent unboxing's and they show only 3 motor screw holes in the arm and the rx antenna's were not pre mounted.

emax usa have listings for 5 inch and 6 inch replacements arms but they are all 3 hole:
http://emax-usa.com/hawk-5-5-inch-re...rms-set-2-pcs/
http://emax-usa.com/hawk-5-6-inch-arm-option-part-2pcs/

Has anyone else received one with 4 motor screw holes in the arms and the rx antennas already mounted?
On a Facebook group someone also received the version with 4 holes on the arm and we asked JD Mora from Emax Usa about it.
The answer is that new batch is coming with 4 holes/screws because they had one case of motor base bending on a crash due to the 3 screws. Due to this, they adjusted the arms with this modification and they will also update the photos on the web page as soon as they build the new arms replacement stock.
Apr 08, 2018, 08:47 AM
Trith_FPV
Quality control on mine was a bit lacking.

One motor was only being held on by 1 screw. The other 2 were floating around in the box. Most of my screws on my frame were very loose and needed to be tightened. I also noticed that one of my motors doesn't seem to have any of that clear sealant on the winding's. But the other 3 do.

Lets hope that's the only issues I run into.
Apr 08, 2018, 05:31 PM
do they just sell the frame kit for the hawk 5?

Quick Reply