Jul 18, 2019, 02:50 AM
PowerMetalPilot
This was some footage from yesterday and i tell you what i had fun. Not my best runs, not my fastest laps but there's some nice bits too.

That gap at 1:11 really gets the juices flowing.
High and Low. (4 min 46 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 29, 2019, 07:00 AM
"Furadi"
Recently built up a pair of hawk 5's with v2 mini stacks and LS2206 1700 motors. Very impressed with these frames.

First race with the Hawk 5!! // Betaflight 4.0.4 / Commander v1 (2 min 11 sec)
Jul 29, 2019, 09:36 AM

5s ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by iksobarg
I did. Not a good idea. After about three flights it just stopped working, didn't do anything when I connected the 5s batt.
It worked on a 4s after that just fine. Was just weird. The 5s must have done something odd (cooked something but not blown it) to the internals to do that.
Thatís weird - I only ran 5S at the end (until losing the quad). Flawless!
Didnít have the courage to really rip it at 6S though - but now thatís all Iím doing on the Kopis 2 SE and RR editions 😁
Jul 31, 2019, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conradm
Recently built up a pair of hawk 5's with v2 mini stacks and LS2206 1700 motors. Very impressed with these frames.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jvg0zP3Gdo
great flying! I think I will copy your build. Always wanted this frame but never got around to getting one.
Jul 31, 2019, 06:29 PM
Registered Plane Abuser
Has anyone tried this VTX?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...HCS3NLR7&psc=1
Almost looks like it was meant to replace the original hawk 5 VTX.
Just about to pull the trigger on one of these after reading this entire thread. And figured I might as well just get a new VTX while I'm at it.
Aug 30, 2019, 10:16 PM
Can I get a 2nd, maybe 3rd, 4th etc. opinion on the brightness levels of this video?

Looks ok on my laptop & PC screens but a bit dark on my phone, wondering if I should re-do it with increased gamma/brightness before making it public.

edit: Video deleted, too dark, brighter replacement: youtu.be/8fAnbRBM73M
Last edited by Haku; Aug 31, 2019 at 11:18 AM.
Aug 30, 2019, 11:01 PM
"Furadi"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
Can I get a 2nd, maybe 3rd, 4th etc. opinion on the brightness levels of this video?

Looks ok on my laptop & PC screens but a bit dark on my phone, wondering if I should re-do it with increased gamma/brightness before making it public.

https://youtu.be/H4FZnE_qQwg
Looks pretty good on my laptop! Is that with reelsteady?
Aug 30, 2019, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conradm
Looks pretty good on my laptop! Is that with reelsteady?
Thanks for taking a look.

The only filtering that video has had done to it is the brightness fading at the beginning+end, and barrel distortion correction (aka turning fisheye into rectilinear footage), no reelsteady or otherwise applied.

I'm looking at the original recording next to one that's had 1.4 gamma and +20% saturation added, it's looking much better in the darker scenes so I'll re-do the video with those filters.
Aug 31, 2019, 01:42 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
At some moments it's a bit dark for me, like around 1:28 and some other instances. Overall it looks good, but for my screen it could be a bit brighter.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Aug 31, 2019, 11:22 AM
Thanks SoloProFan, I've deleted the original version and uploaded a gamma+colour enhanced version and made it public:

Friday's Fast Flowing Freestyle FPV Fun (3 min 52 sec)
Aug 31, 2019, 02:28 PM
Registered Plane Abuser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
Thanks SoloProFan, I've deleted the original version and uploaded a gamma+colour enhanced version and made it public:

https://youtu.be/8fAnbRBM73M
This one is definitely better. Nice and bright, the dark scenes are gone. Great flying.
Sep 06, 2019, 01:16 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vietnow
Any deals on the hawk 5 or they just stop selling it.
Still some stock in places at full price.... I think they are out of production at Emax.

I too am hunting for some spare PnP or BnF H5's are good prices... but no such luck lately.

I will report out if I find any....
Sep 06, 2019, 10:34 PM
Registered Plane Abuser
Like kydawg said, no deals out there but you can still get the PnP version at Amazon as well as just frames.
Sep 17, 2019, 03:14 AM
RC Addict
My hawk 5 had flight controller issues, but I picked up the Buzz F4 Magnum II Omnibus F4 with Buzz vtx and after some tinkering (board rotated 180deg) and rewiring, she flies pretty well, I'm not sure it's as good as the original - perhaps I should go back to 3.5.0 or whatever it originally came with.

Chillout FPV | Afterwork Freestyle | Hawk 5 Rebuzzed (4 min 3 sec)
Sep 17, 2019, 05:31 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
RoganJosh NI - Looks smooth as butter.

Quick Reply