Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 12, 2018, 03:41 PM
Trith_FPV
Went out to the field today. Little more room! This was at 35* camera tilt. Ill have to go 40+ to stop her from wanting to rise on high throttle!

EMAX Hawk 5 - Room to Play (1 min 54 sec)
Last edited by TR1T0N; Apr 12, 2018 at 09:58 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 16, 2018, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMAX Yin Yan
Once we have the additional parts in stock we will also sell the frame kit version.
What is the weight of the frame (including standoffs and screws)?

Trying to figure out where the weight savings are coming from. Last 5" quad I built was on the 5" Valorem VRF230 frame, and I ended up at 340 grams all up (without battery or HD cam). The dipole FPV antenna spares at least 10 g over a typical spironet RHCP. The all in one ESC saves a few grams, and no PDB needed saves a few more.

The VRF230 is a nice frame for super cheap, at only $15.99, but it's a bit heavy at around 100 g.
Apr 17, 2018, 10:57 AM
Trith_FPV
All I can tell you, is the weight of this guy ( excluding battery and GoPro ) but WITH props on, is around 280g. Its super light!
Apr 22, 2018, 11:27 PM
Trith_FPV
My rates and pids :

Hawk 5 - Golden Hour Freestyle - my rates (2 min 26 sec)

Awesome Kwad!
Apr 23, 2018, 06:54 PM
OutcastRC
My new TPU mount just arrived from china after only 2 weeks from taco-rc. Had to use 2x M3x10mm screws though. I suppose I could have used a drill to countersink the tpu screw holes for the supplied screws but that could weaken the material a little bit

2 screws for the front, zip tie for the back.
Apr 26, 2018, 01:38 AM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
I have some questions about the Hawk 5, since I'm considering purchasing it. Very nice info from christy and TR1T0N so far.

#1. Is part support going to get better soon? I see a lot of import parts are out of stock on emax-usa and parts have spotty stock at other vendors like rdq. Are there any stores right now that have a "complete" stock of parts, or will? Maybe I'm missing something, though, feel free to tell me I'm not looking hard enough if so!

#2. I have read about the horror stories regarding the magnum stack. Hawk 5 comes with a 470uf 25v Capacitor 105c High Temp from what I have read -- has this been enough for you guys so far? Any issues or did you swap to a different cap?

#3. Have read that the vtx is not great. Is this situation better lately with the hawk 5 builds?

#4. Will the second batch (emax mentions 'second batch' on their site: The shipment of the second batch will be arranged from 20th, May.) have the extended bumpers for the camera as kebab fpv suggested? Does anyone know?

Thanks.
Apr 27, 2018, 11:11 AM
Trith_FPV
In testing, the 470uf cap provided better filtering then bigger 1000uf caps. Video is super clear. I'm using thelight weight dipole too! If you watch my video, I'm flying a bit away and through trees, no issues at all!

I printed out my own GoPro session mount. If you do the same, just bump "D" on roll and pitch by 2. Then set your rates. All I needed to do to get buttery smooth flight!

I always add a little dead band too. On both yaw and RC.

Favorite Kwad so far!
Apr 28, 2018, 01:22 PM
Anyone have any clue where these are in stock??? I'm finally ready to order one and can't find them in stock anywhere.
Apr 28, 2018, 04:05 PM
Trith_FPV
You sound like me a couple weeks back!

Its worth the wait! !
Apr 29, 2018, 04:46 PM

Learning to do Split-S with the Hawk 5

Hi everyone,

this is my second day of flights with the Emax Hawk 5 and I have to say that I'm impressed. I'm not an expert and this is my second 5" but flying it gives you a lot of confidence as it feels locked even with the GoPro on it. Without it is even more impressive for agility and speed.

Here's the video of a battery used for learning to do Split-S:

Learning Split-S with the Emax Hawk 5 (4 min 30 sec)

For those thinking about buying it... stop thinking and (pre)order it!
Apr 29, 2018, 06:13 PM
monkeymagic
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreahaku
Hi everyone,

this is my second day of flights with the Emax Hawk 5 and I have to say that I'm impressed. I'm not an expert and this is my second 5" but flying it gives you a lot of confidence as it feels locked even with the GoPro on it. Without it is even more impressive for agility and speed.

Here's the video of a battery used for learning to do Split-S:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykmm_NYDRlA

For those thinking about buying it... stop thinking and (pre)order it!
That is a beautiful spot for flying.
Apr 29, 2018, 06:47 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
I have been flying this one for a number of weeks now....all I can say it that it is AWESOME. One of the top ARF or BNF quads ever. Flies great and the tune is spot on out of the box.

I have many flight videos up on Youtube (starting 1 April) if anyone wants to see how she flies (another of many pilots putting up vids). Just today I changed my props to AVAN-Rs and the some Racekraft 5051's..... flies great. There are many more vids from the last few days that I will by put up over the next couple of weeks. I also put then on my RCG Blog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7g...v30FOUOvgdcfCg

I am going to order another one.... I am really impressed with this package for this price. Two thumbs up to the Emax team for this offering.
Last edited by kydawg1; Apr 30, 2018 at 11:15 AM. Reason: typo
Apr 29, 2018, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1T0N
You sound like me a couple weeks back!

Its worth the wait! !
I bet it is. Lol. I just don't wanna order from China and have to wait a month lol. I'm impatient haha.
Apr 30, 2018, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadifyRC.com
That is a beautiful spot for flying.
Yes really nice spot. Very good for beginners And most of all, very close to where I live! It's in Exeter (UK).

In the next sessions I'll use a couple of gates to start with them as well.
Apr 30, 2018, 04:39 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
This thing flies very smooth and with good image quality. Here's my first flight, taking it easy, testing the waters:

Emax Hawk 5 - First Test Flight (*) (3 min 55 sec)

Quick Reply