Apr 08, 2018, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by christy1685
Going through my list of models on my QX7 all my models are corrected to approx. on average +/- 98 consistently and that's for XM+'s, R-XSR's, XSR's, and some other compatible frsky rx's. You will have to adjust end points regardless of the rx you use

If you are finding your channel endpoints are way off I'd recommend adjusting the rx range in betaflight cli command. You can also use this method to not bother adjusted them on your transmitter

The default for example for rxrange 0 is 1000-2000 and so on

If in the receiver tab in betaflight you are seeing a min and max range of 1005 to 1995 you can just type

rxrange 0 1005 1995
save

And you will now see that without changing anything on your tx you have exactly 1000 to 2000 being reported on the receiver channel

I don't however bother with this method as I always copy an existing model on my tx that I have already setup for a new quadcopter, so my end points and everything are already set. saves me time. but it is useful if you are finding the ranges are way off and even exceed the extended limit option that a taranis will allow
Just what seems weird. I set up the hawk by copying one of my existing models. I always tweak them to be exactly 1000 to 2000. Usually a minor adjustment on the taranis. Really odd to me that 2 channels behave normally while two are way out of whack and require major adjustments to get to 1000 and 2000. Maybe I'm just unlucky if no one else has experienced this with the hawk. Not very newbie friendly if this is the norm.
Mine also had a bunch of the screws loose and there was no signs of any lock tight. I applied lock tight to all the screws. The
rx antennas were not mounted on mine either. I added some forever tubes. Otherwise the antennas would be toast in no time. Also odd the it comes with the dipole antenna installed and just dangling. Probably won't last long like that. I switched to the included pagoda. Should come with that installed to be newbie friendly.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 09, 2018, 11:33 AM
Trith_FPV
I set mine up last night. Copied over my profile from my x220 and my ranges were all within a single value. 998 to 2001. If not perfect.

They even had the same arm switch and profile toggle set that I use. Was great!
Apr 09, 2018, 05:17 PM
Trith_FPV
Just a question out of curiosity.

Have all the issues with the F4 stack been resolved by adding a cap on the power leads and soft mounting it?

The RCgroup EMAX Magnum stack thread is a bit scary to go through. But most of them that had issues, were not running with a cap on the power leads.
Apr 09, 2018, 08:06 PM
Your #1 Source for Quality FPV
Yes. Only some systems were affected by this problem. adding a cap helped with any voltage spikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1T0N
Just a question out of curiosity.

Have all the issues with the F4 stack been resolved by adding a cap on the power leads and soft mounting it?

The RCgroup EMAX Magnum stack thread is a bit scary to go through. But most of them that had issues, were not running with a cap on the power leads.
Apr 09, 2018, 08:08 PM
Your #1 Source for Quality FPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperviper
do they just sell the frame kit for the hawk 5?
Once we have the additional parts in stock we will also sell the frame kit version.
Apr 09, 2018, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMAX Yin Yan
Once we have the additional parts in stock we will also sell the frame kit version.
Nice! Can't wait. As soon as I can order my new goggles I'm ordering a hawk 5. Gonna be a fun summer. Lol.
Apr 09, 2018, 08:58 PM
A tale of two slickies
Got a spektrum setup. I need to remember how to solder...
Apr 10, 2018, 11:24 AM
Trith_FPV
Shes just about ready for her maiden flight!

Just trying to figure out how to orient the battery on the bottom so the power leads aren't in the way!

If all goes well Ill post up a video tomorrow 1080 @ 60FPS.
Apr 10, 2018, 05:55 PM
OutcastRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1T0N
Shes just about ready for her maiden flight!

Just trying to figure out how to orient the battery on the bottom so the power leads aren't in the way!

If all goes well Ill post up a video tomorrow 1080 @ 60FPS.
power leads are too long for me with turnigy's and tattu's, but I couldn't be bothered shortening them so I just oriented my battery leads out the front
Apr 10, 2018, 06:02 PM
monkeymagic
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMAX Yin Yan
Will changes be made to give the camera more protection as per Kabab FPV's video? Thanks
Apr 10, 2018, 06:03 PM
monkeymagic
Quote:
I really love how this handles. I haven't even felt the need to tune it. I don't even think I could improve on the stock tune anyway.
I think this is the only BNF I have purchased that came with accurate voltage and current calibration out of the box. It is consistently within 5% and that's balance charging where there is also some discharging to balance the packs so being a little higher than the OSD report when I balance charge is expected

My last flight reported 1016mAh used on the OSD and after balance charging it took 1048mAh

So far the out of the box mounting of the rx antennas has not been an issue and have had zero antenna prop strikes, which is not what I expected at all. Looping the stock vtx antenna and bringing it out the top without the need to zip tie it as its more than rigid enough this way, works extremely well, im getting way better reception than I did with the Kopis 1 and the kopis is using an Omni. I don't feel the need to mount the ipex to sma connector that's provided. The 2 pagoda LHCP's are smaller than I expected but have not used them at all.

I got a chance to take the Kopis 1 and the GT200N out around 7pm today

Betaflight Versions
Emax Hawk 5: 3.2.2 (stock)
Holybro Kopis 1: 3.2.1
Diatone GT200N: 3.1.6 (stock)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_E2sxpoeds

I haven't flown the GT200N in a while and I forgot to turn off the artificial horizon before I took it out. It is still on the stock tune with the stock betaflight 3.1.6 it came with. Forgot how loud it was.
I'm very curious to hear your thoughts on how they compare. I have the Kopis which i think is very nice BNF but the Hawk 5 seems to address all the issues I have with it.
Apr 10, 2018, 09:23 PM
OutcastRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadifyRC.com
I'm very curious to hear your thoughts on how they compare. I have the Kopis which i think is very nice BNF but the Hawk 5 seems to address all the issues I have with it.
I'm not sure if I I'm biased because its new but I prefer flying the hawk over my gt2017 and the kopis 1. I usually prefer to fly micros lately, I was mostly flying the hglrc xjb 145 until the hawk arrived, Im flying the hawk more than anything now. I have smartaudio and telemetry (XSR) on the kopis and lua scripts setup on my taranis but im not missing smartaudio on the hawk yet. I really like the ability to quickly switch vtx power when I go to a much larger area but holding down the button on the hawk for 10 seconds until the red led indicator (200mW) lights up isn't that inconvenient as I don't get many chances to go to more open areas anyway
Apr 10, 2018, 09:47 PM
monkeymagic
Quote:
I'm not sure if I I'm biased because its new but I prefer flying the hawk over my gt2017 and the kopis 1. I usually prefer to fly micros lately, I was mostly flying the hglrc xjb 145 until the hawk arrived, Im flying the hawk more than anything now. I have smartaudio and telemetry (XSR) on the kopis and lua scripts setup on my taranis but im not missing smartaudio on the hawk yet. I really like the ability to quickly switch vtx power when I go to a much larger area but holding down the button on the hawk for 10 seconds until the red led indicator (200mW) lights up isn't that inconvenient as I don't get many chances to go to more open areas anyway
Cheers. New and shiny is always good but I on paper the power/weight looks great on the hawk 5.
Apr 11, 2018, 04:25 PM
Trith_FPV
Got her in the air today! Rock solid! Even with a GoPro strapped on!

Emax Hawk 5 - First Flight! Its good! (2 min 34 sec)
Last edited by TR1T0N; Apr 11, 2018 at 05:36 PM.
Apr 12, 2018, 03:23 AM
Would be great to have some, ahem, spare parts available for this...

Quick Reply