May 31, 2018, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadifyRC.com
Furadi is running 6s on a magnum stack albeit with a 1700kv motor in a different frame so it sound like it would physically manage the voltage.

The stock motors are certainly not high kv so it would make sense but you would be blazing a bit of a trail. I can say the Avan props are reasonably aggressive through so would probably go for something with a much lower current draw like a t5040c, 5 x 4 x 3 v1s or 5 x 4.3 x 3 v1s

https://youtu.be/-V930r3g6-8
It was his videos I saw, was wondering if anyone else has tried it. I just may try a 5s battery on the hawk one day but definitely won't try 6s on a 2300kv motor, personally I think that's a tad too high. I've got tons of hq 5x4.3 props and a few 5040 in case I wanna try it. I just don't want to destroy my new quad... yet anyway. Lol
to remove ads between posts
May 31, 2018, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1
Archerfpv... based on my time using the FrSky RX that comes stock... I do not think it has the latest Firmware, so that might need to be updated on the RX before the RSSI will be sensed in the Taranis.

I moved over to Crossfire on this one due to cell tower proximity to my flying fields....so now I am hunting how to get Link Quality LQ set correctly on OSD...so far no luck.
I've read it does need to be flashed with the latest software. Just got to figure out how to do that one. Reading up on that now.
May 31, 2018, 04:42 PM
monkeymagic
Yes, mine has just arrived. I'm off on Holiday for a week tomorrow to a tiny Pacific Island for a week tomorrow though so will have to wait.

Did check in on betaflight though and it's running betaflight 3.2.2 with a number of settings changed - custom PIDs and rates, PT1 filter with both gyro notches off and dynamic filters and the OSD set up - very close to the changes I'd make on a new build.

Also noticed that mine has 4 motor screw holes per arm. No change to camera protection but I'm fine with that
May 31, 2018, 07:05 PM
Trith_FPV
A more relaxing flight tonight. Even in some decent wind, she still flies buttery smooth!

Emax Hawk 5 - SOAR - TrithFPV (3 min 37 sec)
Jun 04, 2018, 03:53 PM
Jyx
Jyx
Anyone here that successfully have been able to use a R-XSR receiver with the Emax Hawk 5?

I picked up an Emax Hawk 5 some days ago. I ordered the PNP one since I wanted to use an R-XSR with telemetry. I've tried so many things now, the un-inversion pad, TX3, TX6, all firmware's available for the R-XSR, all firmware available for the Taranis Q7XS, fiddled with "tlm_inverted", "tlm_handshake" in the Betaflight CLI etc. The only telemetry that works is the RSSI, RxBt and F000, but those are built into the receiver itself IIRC, so that is telemetry not coming from the flightcontroller (basically I have the same issue as the people are talking about here: https://github.com/betaflight/betafl...ipts/issues/43)

So, right now I'm running an oscilloscope trying to figure out if there is any traffic on the pins. I can see data on both the inverted as well as un-inverted traffic on the R-XSR, both looks sane and inverted to each other. But what really confuses me is that there is nothing seen on UART3 TX nor UART6 TX (yes, they are enabled in "Ports" as "Smart Port" as well as the "Telemetry" in "Configuration"). The only thing I can see is that they are going high (to 3.3v) when I enable power to the flightcontroller. There should be lots of telemetry data on the TX pins going to the receiver, right? Or is there some handshake protocol between the flightcontroller and the receiver before data starts to flow?

Most videos / fixes seems to mention firmware. But, since no available firmware worked I ended up with the oscilloscope. The only thing I haven't tried is to update to a more current version of Betaflight. I can do that, but I wanted to do a maiden flight before updating the firmware on the flightcontroller.
Jun 07, 2018, 11:54 AM

Poor delivery service

Yeah the hawk 5 is amazing shame the availability of parts are really poor and waiting over a month for a set of arms
Jun 08, 2018, 02:03 PM
Hi, just ordered mine. the BNF version.
would like to remove the FRSKY rx and use a DSM2 so i can fly with my old spektrum DX7 tx.
Did anyone do that before and can give a short explanation. i have soldering skills.
also a recommended compatible rx would be nice.

Thanks!! :-)
Jun 08, 2018, 04:17 PM
OutcastRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotFlow
Hi, just ordered mine. the BNF version.
would like to remove the FRSKY rx and use a DSM2 so i can fly with my old spektrum DX7 tx.
Did anyone do that before and can give a short explanation. i have soldering skills.
also a recommended compatible rx would be nice.

Thanks!! :-)
Cant advise on which specktrum receiver as I have never used that system, maybe Le Drib has some suggestions
it will be very easy to change: just remove the XM+ and solder to the SPEK SAT pins

F4 Magnum Manual https://www.emaxmodel.com/download/F..._on_170626.pdf

The budget one he recommends on his videos is the Spektrum DSMX Quad Race Receiver with Diversity
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ea217eb5c84231
Last edited by Outcast_RC; Jun 08, 2018 at 04:35 PM.
Jun 09, 2018, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyx
Anyone here that successfully have been able to use a R-XSR receiver with the Emax Hawk 5?

I picked up an Emax Hawk 5 some days ago. I ordered the PNP one since I wanted to use an R-XSR with telemetry. I've tried so many things now, the un-inversion pad, TX3, TX6, all firmware's available for the R-XSR, all firmware available for the Taranis Q7XS, fiddled with "tlm_inverted", "tlm_handshake" in the Betaflight CLI etc. The only telemetry that works is the RSSI, RxBt and F000, but those are built into the receiver itself IIRC, so that is telemetry not coming from the flightcontroller (basically I have the same issue as the people are talking about here: https://github.com/betaflight/betafl...ipts/issues/43)
I just hooked the non-invert pad on the R-XSR to RX6, enabled smartport and telemetry in Betaflight and it all worked. My Hawk is stock, sorry, I've got no idea what firmware is on my R-XSR (it's fairly old though).
Jun 09, 2018, 05:03 PM
I was lucky during the week(if you can call insomnia lucky) and woke up at 2:30 in the morning, refreshed RDQ and they had 2 left. I quickly placed my order and checked the page and the other one was already gone. I received my Hawk 5 today , did the quick setup and just flew the first pack LOS.

All I can say is holy !!! The only quad I have flown till now is a chameleon and this thing will fly circles around it!!!

Can you tell I'm tickled?
Jun 11, 2018, 06:16 AM
Has anyone tried to mount a 20x20 VideoTX on the Hawk 5?
I prefer my HGLRC-TX20, but on the Hawk 5 both video TX and FrSky RX are mounted+soldered via pins on top of the FC.
So I'm not sure if I can mount/fit the XM+ and HGLRC-TX20 there instead of the default Hawk 5 video TX.
Jun 11, 2018, 07:36 AM
Has anyone else had issues with the press nuts coming loose in the mid plate?

I've had to CA all of mine in to stop them falling out.
Jun 12, 2018, 05:46 PM
Trith_FPV
I have yet to crash mine yet. So far everything is still solid. I check everything over every few flights just to make sure.
Jun 13, 2018, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1T0N
I have yet to crash mine yet. So far everything is still solid. I check everything over every few flights just to make sure.
I've had a few hard crashes and have only broken props so far. The frame is pretty solid.
Jun 14, 2018, 02:41 AM
Just got this however - this is a really noob question - did anyone have any issue getting the prop nuts onto the motor shaft? The red ones that came with it I really cant get them all the way down the motor shaft to hold the props securely down. They'll screw a few mm down and then wont go any further.

Pretty sure its me being a noob

Quick Reply