Mar 09, 2018, 12:33 AM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
So just out of curiosity..

How did you guys get the Flyzone airframe when Flyzone is still selling the airplane?
Simple answer, Money!!
Anyone can buy almost anything if you have enough money.
Check these out........https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...446a232bo9W9Sl
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...633918129.html
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...5e4c5ffaDAmoUk
In some of the photos on these sites you can see some very popular planes. P-38, F-15, Corsair, Bixler/SkySurfer..............
I'd love HK to pick up the 2 Channel Micro Constellation and put the same electronics out of the EasySky B-17. I have one and if I finally get some time will transfer the electronics out of one of my spare B-17s

LURCH
Last edited by taz101; Mar 09, 2018 at 12:40 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 09, 2018, 05:32 AM
slats move, slots don't
A quick unboxing for those who are interested
Last edited by Andy852; Jul 21, 2019 at 05:11 PM.
Mar 09, 2018, 05:32 PM
taz - If I worked in that factory, I'd be an expert pilot! Wouldn't have to worry about crashing any of my planes.

Andy - How does it fly?
Mar 09, 2018, 05:40 PM
slats move, slots don't
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpmahoney
Andy - How does it fly?
Kevin - the winds are too strong here over the weekend, but I'll give it a try within the few days (no indoor venues here sadly).
Mar 10, 2018, 05:01 PM
Old Prop Buster
I recognized the tail art right away. I have a distant relative that was in the Air Apaches, 345th Bomb Group, 498th Falcon Squadron. He did not serve on the Lady Lil from that squadron depicted here. The B25J was an awesome airplane that bring 14 forward firing guns to bear on a ground target. They could drop a light bomb load on top of their devastating ground fire. If you would are interested here is a few links to the 345th, and another showing the Lady Lil. Their history and their missions are remarkable and I could go, but I won't.
Gary
http://www.345thbombgroup.org/
http://www.gaetanmarie.com/b-25-mitchell-lady-lil/
Last edited by Sir Dumb Thumb; Mar 10, 2018 at 05:03 PM. Reason: spelling
Mar 11, 2018, 06:23 AM
AMA 1242
Looking close looks like conter-rotating props?
Mar 11, 2018, 07:20 AM
slats move, slots don't
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyhank
Looking close looks like conter-rotating props?
Yes.
Mar 12, 2018, 01:12 AM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
Mine arrived a little while ago.
A couple of notes for HK,
1, you might want to get somebody that actually knows what the plane can and can't do and proof read the box art and website before printing and going live with the plane.
**Printing on the box says steerable nose wheel!! Yeah, if you could stick your finger in the nose of the plane and steer it while it is taxiing!! There is a steering arm there, just no servo to control it, plus it will need to be locked off. Mine just free wheels buy itself.

2, you might want to get somebody that actually knows what the plane comes with and what it doesn't, and proof read the box art and website before printing and going live with the plane.
**On the website it states that you need a TX/RX that can be programmed for differential steering. Mine came with an RX!!
**Printing on the box says steerable nose wheel! No it doesn't!

3, INSTRUCTIONS would really help

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyHK
A quick unboxing for those who are interested
Andy, have you put yours together and tested it yet?
Buy the look of your photos, your elevator control rod is not connected to the servo arm. Looks like it (rod) is just sitting on top of servo arm.
Plus what plugs did you plug the motors into?? Left and right motors in the left and right plugs or in the front and back plugs. Would help if we had some instructions to go buy!!
And same with the ailerons, left to left?? Right to right?? You would think that would be the way to go, but you just don't know with HK!!
Latest blog entry: Compulsory Reading!!
Mar 12, 2018, 02:02 AM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀

Warning!!

Guys, before powering up, check your battery polarity!!
HK, or who ever made this plane has wired the battery connected back to front!! (At least mine is)
Luckily I checked before connecting my battery.
I have 4 batteries that would fit this plane, but they are wired reversed to this plane, but fine in other the planes they go in!!

LURCH
Mar 12, 2018, 08:34 AM
slats move, slots don't
I have asked HobbyKing for a PDF manual.
Mar 12, 2018, 07:53 PM
slats move, slots don't
HobbyKing got back to me and said there is no manual printed or PDF, no instructions on setup or binding.
Mar 13, 2018, 12:17 AM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyHK
HobbyKing got back to me and said there is no manual printed or PDF, no instructions on setup or binding.
Topical HK BS!!
They have been getting worse and worse ever since the website downgrade!!
Mar 19, 2018, 12:10 PM
It looks like "In stock" or "available", doesnt really mean what I think it means. Ordered 10 days ago and is still listed as "Processing" I have no idea when I will receive this plane. Not good HobbyKing.
Mar 19, 2018, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger2002
Ordered 10 days ago and is still listed as "Processing" ... Not good HobbyKing.
I agree!!!

I just tried to cancel my order (the model is obviously not in stock as advertised). No one answered Live Online Chat for twenty minutes after an automated message saying they were busy. So now I'm waiting on an email conforming cancellation ... yes, I know ...

Good products, poor service, poorer Customer Support.

Gene K
Mar 20, 2018, 06:49 AM

Good News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger2002
Ordered 10 days ago and is still listed as "Processing" .
Brett from HobbyKing kindly replied to my shipping inquiry letting me know that my order departed three days ago.

Too bad that the Order Status as shown on the HK web site is as slow to update as the orders going out of the US warehouse (eight days from order to out the door). Spoiled, I know.

Gene K

EDIT: Actually Brett "lacked candor" when he said he could not refund my order because it was already shipped on 16 Mar ... it actually left the warehouse yesterday. Kind of funny all around.
Last edited by speedy01; Mar 21, 2018 at 09:39 AM.

Quick Reply