DIY S.bus Hub - RC Groups
Mar 06, 2018, 11:31 PM

DIY S.bus Hub

Hi, I just got a new Futaba S.bus setup with high voltage servos (Mostly Futaba S3072HV's)

The s.bus hubs are somewhat pricey and why would I not use regular or home made Y harnesses?

This is my 1st 1/4 scale plane / 1st foray into s.bus and gas power but it's far from being my 1st plane.

The plane is a 30 C.C powered 1/4 scale Sig Cap 231 EX I bought for a song at a swap meet many years ago.

I understand that using the Futaba hubs you can plug-in additional batteries to keep all servos juiced-up but I don't think it's necessary with this setup: 6 servos with 2 elevator, 2 ailerons / throttle / 1Rudder.

The battery also has to power the ignition for the engine (OS GT33) I will probably go with a 2s 2600mah lipo to power all of the above.

So bottom line:

- There should be no reason why either a home made harness or regular Y harnesses would not work right? (I bench tested s.bus with 2 y harnesses / 3 servos there were no issues)
- 6 servos even if they are high torque / high voltage should not require more than 1 battery pack right on a plane that size right?
- The receiver / servos are designed to run on 2s lipos and so is the O.S Ignition module. I'm not planning on using a regulator. Am I right to assume that one 2s 2600 mah LiPo will get the job done?

Thanks in advance.

R/C Phile.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 07, 2018, 02:49 AM
Could get better answers in DIY Electronics forum...

Quick Reply