Mar 05, 2018, 11:49 PM
No more nicotine for me!
Thread OP
Discussion

who needs the hot chicks thread when we have ads?

I always use ad blocker, but I'm on a friends computer that doesnt have it, scrolled down to the bottom of a thread, and these were the ads at the bottom. Pretty risque for a family friendly website lol
Mar 06, 2018, 05:32 AM
You know nothing....
Quote:
Originally Posted by micro_builder
I always use ad blocker, but I'm on a friends computer that doesnt have it, scrolled down to the bottom of a thread, and these were the ads at the bottom. Pretty risque for a family friendly website lol
Yahoo! Is full of them
Mar 06, 2018, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Pretty risque for a family friendly website lol
A shining example of double standardism. Perhaps the moderators would be doing us all a favor if they blocked some of those risque ads from view and awarded points for, "Trolling". Oh wait, money is involved here. Never mind. Just resist the bait and do not click on the ads.
Latest blog entry: My first blog entry
Mar 06, 2018, 05:49 AM
Sharing lunch with Jonesy.
Quote:
It's funny how those that pay the sites upkeep can violate site policy 24/7/365 and some of the ads are malicious.

But hey, it's the way they like it. Probably get tagged with a point for complaining.
Latest blog entry: Jonesy's mausoleum
Mar 06, 2018, 05:58 AM
Quote:
I know. Pictures of women with their clothes on all covered up. Oh my the audacity of these sites.
Mar 06, 2018, 07:36 AM
Banned in Britain
Women are beautiful. we like beautiful. you cant moderate human nature.
Mar 06, 2018, 07:41 AM
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
Quote:
I see those when I'm not logged in.
Mar 06, 2018, 08:53 AM
No more nicotine for me!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip63
I know. Pictures of women with their clothes on all covered up. Oh my the audacity of these sites.
Think you missed the point...
Mar 06, 2018, 08:54 AM
No more nicotine for me!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt SAA
Women are beautiful. we like beautiful. you cant moderate human nature.
Considering the hot women thread was closed, I'd say you can definitely moderate it lol
Mar 06, 2018, 09:38 AM
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
The sweet irony would be if the OP was flagged.
Mar 06, 2018, 09:53 AM
Seriously?
This place is falling apart.
Mar 06, 2018, 10:28 AM
No more nicotine for me!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdactyl
The sweet irony would be if the OP was flagged.
I was kinda wondering about that
Mar 06, 2018, 10:30 AM
No more nicotine for me!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart A
Yahoo! Is full of them
I've had a couple yahoo email accounts since the mid-late 90s, and its all I use yahoo for, as with most other sites like it, theyre more ad than content these days.
Mar 06, 2018, 01:35 PM
If you see ads that you consider inappropriate for the site go to the Site Suggestions/Complaints forum, and start a thread about the ad.

That's what I did when pot ads started to show up on the site. Many of the non R/C specific ads on R/C G are not actually placed with R/C Groups. They are placed with someone like Yahoo, or Google, who contracts with R/C Groups to run their ad feed. R/C Groups doesn't know what ads those services are running, but can get offending ads removed from the ad feeds once they are aware of the offending ad.

Complain in the appropriate forum, and if the site administrators agree that the ad is inappropriate they can take steps to eliminate the ad from the feed coming into R/C Groups, but first it has to be brought to their attention.
Mar 06, 2018, 01:43 PM
No more nicotine for me!
Thread OP
I wouldnt say I was offended or bothered by it, just found it funny that ads like that would show up on this site after the hot chicks thread was deemed inappropriate.

Quick Reply