Jul 07, 2019, 06:46 AM
How much extension did you use? The link is for various sizes.
The rim lock wheels have a zillion holes but the picture only shows 2 per side. Is that correct or is the picture wrong?
Your buggy is still stock, correct? You haven't done any of the 3-D parts yet?
Will you always be staying on a gravel path or will you also be going off road with it? I think your range is pretty good, but I guess you want it to be further. Good set up so far.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2019, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack
How much extension did you use? The link is for various sizes.
I wrote this before, 15mm! Axle pins are 2mm. You have to use the 1.5mm stock axle pins, or drilling the holes for the axle pins out to 2mm. I havent done this yet, still using the 1.5mm stock axle pins. But I will drill it out to 2mm in the future. You have to drill out the axle wideners itself too, only a small part at the beginning, then you have to use thread lock to keep the wheel nut in place. Havent found other axle wideners that will fit without these minor mods. The one for the 12428 doesnt fit!

Quote:
The rim lock wheels have a zillion holes but the picture only shows 2 per side. Is that correct or is the picture wrong?
The picture is how they get shipped, so you have to remove 2 screws to open them only. Actually there are 6 screws per wheel, on one side only. But they are true beadlocks.

Quote:
Your buggy is still stock, correct? You haven't done any of the 3-D parts yet?
Right, stock!
Exceptions are 55T motor on 3s, ESC, Radiolink transmitter and receiver.

Quote:
I think your range is pretty good, but I guess you want it to be further.
At the moment I am good with the range! I will try range tests again with a better tightened antenna at the goggle, Maybe with two patch antennas at the goggle at one time. Maybe with more powerful antenna at the VTx. Depends on which suggestions I get in the ground FPV thread about possibly better antennas. And of course in better weather conditions. It was pretty wet, and rainy. Before and after my ride.

Quote:
Will you always be staying on a gravel path or will you also be going off road with it?
Sure off road. But mostly gravel pit, woods and a close leisure park.

EDIT:If you want to mount such 125mm wheels, keep in mind that I am using a 55T Motor which has much lower rpm than the stock motor.
Last edited by SilbernerSurfer; Jul 07, 2019 at 10:34 AM.
Jul 07, 2019, 10:30 AM
Did you filled shocks with oil and if yes, which one?
Do shocks leak, do i need some o ring or something to seal them?

Do you think it's hard to open a gearbox to see if something is stripped in reduction gear so i can order new one if something is wrong inside a box, didn't find any video on YT.
https://www.wl-toys.com/Wltoys-K949-...rts-13312.html

But still don't know if this is the cause of clicking sound in second gear and reverse drive, servo end points are set ok, so position of servo is 100% not a cause.
Jul 07, 2019, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellerus
Did you filled shocks with oil and if yes, which one?
Do shocks leak, do i need some o ring or something to seal them?
I think the stock shocks are oil shocks. O-ring should be included. Dont know which oil!I am not using stock shocks.
But I think that Jim85IROC mentioned which oil he is using with the stock shocks in one of his vids posted here in this thread.

Quote:
Do you think it's hard to open a gearbox to see if something is stripped in reduction gear so i can order new one if something is wrong inside a box, didn't find any video on YT.
No, it isnt hard to open a diff!

Quote:
But still don't know if this is the cause of clicking sound in second gear and reverse drive, servo end points are set ok, so position of servo is 100% not a cause.
Mine has the clicking moise too, I dont think this is a issue!
Jul 07, 2019, 12:30 PM
No, it isnt hard to open a diff!

I didn't mean opening diff, aready opened front one and filled it with a playdoh, i want to open a transmission gearbox where are those gear wheels located https://www.wl-toys.com/Wltoys-K949-...rts-13312.html didn't see any YT video of opening.

Which shock did you install?

Mine has the clicking moise too, I dont think this is a issue!

Could you please, if you have a time record an audio or a video while you push by hand a car in 2nd gear reverse and with electronics turned off, so we can compare if this strange sound is the same or is it something wrong in my reduction gerbox?
Last edited by wellerus; Jul 07, 2019 at 12:36 PM.
Jul 07, 2019, 12:58 PM
Opening the transmission/shifting gear box might be not easy.

You have to make picture or any other documentation precisely and detailed. If not documented every single step while dismounting it you will probably get difficulties while mounting it together again.

Maybe the exploded view from the manual will help a little bit too.

Will be a chance to document it for other 10428 owners.

I will post the shocks and vid when I find the time, its late and I have to go to work early.
Jul 07, 2019, 01:30 PM
Shocks

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32627...27424c4dcESQTI
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32580...27424c4dcESQTI

Vid about the clicking sound has to wait! I am not sure if my smartphone will record the clicking noise noticibly!
Jul 07, 2019, 01:35 PM
I am thinking of getting these:

15 MM extenders $5.81USD https://www.ebay.com/itm/12mm-Hub-He...cAAOSwuCVcw9C7

Wheels and Tires (blue) $26.79USD https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2-4Pcs-13...c91943ded077f5

How's that for an Ebay address?
Jul 07, 2019, 02:54 PM
Wheels are looking great. Make sure they are 12mm hexagones. Sometimes these big wheels have 17mm hexagones!

I cant say if the axle wideners will fit. Usually the 10428 is a clone of the vaterra twin hammer, not of the axial wraith!

I was searching for axle wideners in the internet for weeks, but nobody was able to suggest the right ones that will fit without mods.

Maybe some of the AE sellers which are selling 10428 parts can tell!?

This ones should be the same? $20 shipped!
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32948...AbTest=ae803_4
Last edited by SilbernerSurfer; Jul 07, 2019 at 03:01 PM.
Jul 07, 2019, 06:50 PM
If I don't have to deal with AliExpress, I won't. They are just slightly thinner and smaller - by a few millimeters. I think I'll order the ones I showed.
Jul 08, 2019, 05:16 AM
Imagine my surprise when I ordered the spacers and got this as a possible arrival:

Estimated delivery:
Wed, Jul 24 - Wed, Sep 04

I should have told the seller I'd walk there and back to pick them up.
Jul 16, 2019, 08:34 AM
awesome!!!

It is a 1/10 scale car! But on the pic it looks like a cute 1/12 one!
Last edited by SilbernerSurfer; Jul 16, 2019 at 10:08 AM.
Jul 16, 2019, 10:07 AM
You will need the axle widener?
Jul 16, 2019, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilbernerSurfer
You will need the axle widener?
It doesn't seem like it, but I'll have to take it out and see. It is VERY hot here now. Maybe tonight if it cools down and doesn't rain.
I think the blue wheels go well with the black and blue B body. The B body would look nice on the 12428, but in my case, there is too much to change to get there.

Quick Reply