Jul 16, 2019, 02:44 PM
Yes, the blue shiny rims are looking great on the b body! Maybe I should try these wheels on my 12428-b!?!?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 16, 2019, 07:09 PM
That’s what I said in my post. I think you’d need the spacers for sure if you wanted to turn those huge tires on the 12428!
Jul 17, 2019, 10:56 AM
Yes, for the 12428 I have some 29mm wideners!

But not sure if the electronics and the drive train will be able to handle such huge tires without getting damaged!?
Jul 17, 2019, 07:40 PM
I think 29 MM wideners are a little too much for my liking. I was joking about putting them on the 12428. It would look ridiculous.
Jul 18, 2019, 06:59 AM
Use "show attachments" at the 12428 mods thread. You will find a black 12428 with such big wheels. Doesnt look that bad.
Jul 18, 2019, 01:31 PM
I searched for it and found it. It looks like 4 wheels and tires with a small body attached
Aug 10, 2019, 05:49 AM

Steering Problems

In the 12428 thread, we discussed how the FlySky GT3C transmitter has a problem with the roller switch that lets you get into the programming screen. Now, I have to search to see if this transmitter also has steering problems too! Last night, I wanted to use my 10428. It has the big JX steering servo and would not steer for a while. Using nothing else, the steering wouldn't work - at all. I changed the battery, just in case, and it still wouldn't steer. I looked for a mechanical bind and just kept working it and it suddenly started working as it should. Once it started working, it was fine throughout the entire run. This isn't the first time this has happened. When it first happened, I wanted to blame the second servo, used to shift the 2-speed transmission as possibly drawing too much power off of the BEC on the ESC. I'm at the point where I don't know if it's the transmitter, the ESC not delivering enough power or the servo. The servo is pretty big and should have enough power to move the steering. At one point when this happened, I pulled off the transmission shifting servo and it worked OK. Since then, it has worked OK with that servo's end points adjusted so it isn't drawing too much power off of the BEC. I'm no electrical whiz, but this shouldn't be that hard to figure out. I just don't know if this transmitter has more problems than just the terrible roller switch. I will soon have all 3 WLToys buggies using it.
Aug 10, 2019, 06:23 AM
@Kodak_jack This transmitter needs from times to times , a little treatment with contact cleaner... I already saw the problem on mine... Since all is OK. (Steering/programming).
Aug 10, 2019, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellig1508
@Kodak_jack This transmitter needs from times to times , a little treatment with contact cleaner... I already saw the problem on mine... Since all is OK. (Steering/programming).
Cleaning it with contact cleaner works for you? I saw a guy say he got the switch under the roller to work by spraying it with WD-40, but another guy did a video showing how to really fix the problem by installing a momentary contact push button switch. I guess there are many variations/re-brands of this transmitter and many owners have had many different problems with it.
Aug 10, 2019, 09:17 AM

WD 40 Powaa!

I saw many solutions... I know that WD 40 is good for every issues, but why using it while specific products exist with good and durable results?
With this transmitter, it seems that air moisture create micro corrosion on contact surfaces of switches or potentiometers. I think that is a component quality problem.
Aug 10, 2019, 10:20 AM
I took out all of the screws plus the one under the grip (hidden) but the whole thing did not come apart. What did I miss?
I have to go back to what I ran into before. I thought I had gotten out of the problem, but I think the cure is not the transmitter after all. I have the lights hooked up and they flicker when power is on. It also seems to be affected by which position the transmission servo is in. The ultimate solution, unfortunately, is to unplug and not use the transmission servo, because when unplugged, the steering works as it should and at all times. It appears as if the ESC/BEC cannot handle both servos. Right now, I have the servo link zip tied in the rear-most position and that's fine for my needs. The ESC is, supposedly, rated for 2A on the BEC and that must be low for 2 servos. FWIW, the one Jim used on his build also has a 2A BEC output, so, I'm stumped at how to fix this.
Last edited by kodak_jack; Aug 10, 2019 at 10:27 AM.
Dec 01, 2019, 12:48 PM
I've recently stripped one of the plastic wheel hexes on my 10428 and replaced it with an aluminum unit from another brand. This one didn't fit over the axle and I had to drill it out first. Do you know of a source for aluminum hexes for the 10428? I've only been able to find results for the 959 and 12428. Maybe they use the same hexes? I'm not real confident using the other types of hexes, because they are meant for a large diameter drive pin and I'm afraid that having the smaller WLTOYS pin will cause damage due to the extra play.

Thanks in advance!
Dec 01, 2019, 07:29 PM
I think the hexes for the 10428 and the 12428 are the same. The problem with aftermarket parts is lousy quality control. That leaves places that stock stock parts that are not very often requested. One place is wl-toys (with the dash).
Feb 09, 2020, 07:33 AM
This mod thread is full of parts that are 3-D printed. Not everybody has a printer or access to one. There is a guy in the 3-D Printing forum who will print parts for you at a decent price and then ship them within a week, depending on his orders. He needs the stl file sent in an email.
Feb 23, 2020, 10:56 PM
I have a printer as well, and would be willing to print things for 10428 owners. I'm about to order one myself, so I'm sure I'll be modding and printing things left and right. lol

Quick Reply