Spektrum AR7350 Receiver - RC Groups
Mar 05, 2018, 12:07 PM
Discussion

Spektrum AR7350 Receiver

Which port should the remote receiver be plugged into on the AR7350, B or L, or does it not make a difference? I've seen photos of it plugged into either port but no mention of which one it should be plugged into or what the difference is between those ports.
Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 05, 2018, 12:38 PM
It can be plugged into either one (or both). When you plug it into L, though, the configuration tool will not let you test live in the plane unless you also have a remote receiver in the B port. That's because the L port shares the communication with the bind/data port.

Andy
Mar 05, 2018, 12:49 PM
Thanks Andy. It sounds like it might be best to plug it into the B port from what you said because I only have the one remote receiver that came with it.
Mar 06, 2018, 02:55 PM
Hi Andy, I have one more question that has to do with programming the rx. The manual mentions programming it with a laptop and a phone. I assume it can be done with one or the other, correct? I had planned on only using my laptop if I can. Just trying to figure out which programming cables I need.
Thanks.
Mar 06, 2018, 03:01 PM
You only need SPMA3065 and your laptop to be able to update code (it needs it) and configure the receiver. You can't update code without it.

Andy
Mar 06, 2018, 03:07 PM
Thanks!
Mar 06, 2018, 03:17 PM
Andy, I do have a AR7200BX programming cable, SPMA3030. Will that one work or will I need to get the SPMA3065?
Mar 06, 2018, 03:17 PM
You need the SPMA3065.
Mar 06, 2018, 03:42 PM
Thanks!
Mar 19, 2018, 10:23 AM
I just picked up one of these. I actually had the 9350 but returned it to the dealer because we (Spektrum support) and I both thought there was something wrong with it. Apparently the 7350 and the 9350 REQUIRE the satellite to be present to work. I wish the instructions were more clear on this and also on which port to use. It would have been good to know the information about the difference in port B and Port L BEFORE it was installed deep in the plane. To add to the confusion, the satellite that came with the receiver was bad. Just by chance I picked up one I had laying around and tried and it worked. Very confusing receiver setup.

Once question...I have a servo on each of the 7 channels (I have this in the E-Flite Beast 60e with each aileron servo on a port). I just now realized I have no way to put AS3X on a switch since that seems to require a channel. Is that correct? Or can you map to something else on the receiver and put that on a switch and then tell it to control AS3X?

It just seems like these receivers would have AS3X on a separate function you could map to a switch on your transmitter.
Mar 19, 2018, 11:34 AM
Use channel 8 or 9 as your FM control switch. The receiver supports it - the app shows it as an option.

Andy
Mar 19, 2018, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Use channel 8 or 9 as your FM control switch. The receiver supports it - the app shows it as an option.

Andy
I knew you had the answer. Thanks Andy!
Mar 19, 2018, 02:53 PM
How about some starting points? Anyone there use this setup on the Beast 60e? I'm using the Spektrum Ultra metal gear servos (both standard on the tail and minis in the wings).

I'll go look in the Beast 60e section to see if anyone posted a setup file.
Mar 20, 2018, 12:30 PM
...and the confusion continues...Here is the response I got from Spektrum support...They are now saying you actually need TWO SATELLITES for the receiver to work!!!! This can't be right.

Horizon Hobby Product Support via email.kayako.com
Attachments11:55 AM (1 hour ago)
to me
The likely issue with the AR9030 not working is because you need two remote satellite receivers connected to the receiver prior to binding. The other issue is that you might be plugging the servos in th wrong receiver port. We have attached a picture of the AR9030 and circled in red what channels are plugged into what row of pins.

David W
Product SupportHorizon Hobby, LLC
Hours (CST):
Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: FLN-380-73821
Department: US Product Support
Type: Email
Priority: Normal

Helpdesk: http://horizonhobby.kayako.com
Attachments area
Mar 20, 2018, 12:46 PM
The AR9030T requires two remote receivers.

Simple rule: For almost all products (only 2 exceptions I know of), the number of remote receivers shipped is the MINIMUM number you need.

Since the AR9030T comes with 2 remote receivers, that rule is a pretty strong indicator that you're gonna need to use them both.

Andy

Quick Reply