Futaba availability USA? - RC Groups
Mar 05, 2018, 11:19 AM
Discussion

Futaba availability USA?

Judging by Tower's website looks like many Futaba transmitters out of stock. How long before different distributor takes over if Hobbico can't supply Futaba brand? I fly Futaba and hope to have supply issue settled soon.

Tim
to remove ads between posts
Mar 05, 2018, 01:49 PM
★★★★★★★★
there still is enough stock unlike JR stuff.
Mar 05, 2018, 05:00 PM
Team Futaba
Well, I suppose if that becomes necessary it will not happen until after the final disposition of the Hobbico bankruptcy is determined. For now, Hobbico remains open for business and shipping stock as they receive it.
Mar 06, 2018, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgwhitley
Judging by Tower's website looks like many Futaba transmitters out of stock. How long before different distributor takes over if Hobbico can't supply Futaba brand? I fly Futaba and hope to have supply issue settled soon.

Tim
I saw that also, actually, I was leaning for the 10J but it wasn't in stock and it put me on an uneasy feeling
so off to buy a DX9
Mar 07, 2018, 02:04 AM
most exalted one
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...el_s_fhss.html
Apr 04, 2018, 08:13 AM
With Horzion taking over maybe Futaba supply problem will end soon. What is going to happen anyone know?

Tim
Apr 04, 2018, 08:32 AM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
Quote:
With Horzion taking over maybe Futaba supply problem will end soon. What is going to happen anyone know?

Tim
Currently Horizon only sells their own brand.

Mike
Apr 04, 2018, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
Currently Horizon only sells their own brand.
Plus Hitec, plus Flysky.

Andy
Apr 04, 2018, 08:53 AM
Team Futaba
Quote:

Tim
It will ultimately be decided by Futaba who ends up handling the sales, marketing, and service of Futaba and O.S products. Certainly HH will likely do it over the short term, but I wonder if Futaba will want to have the sales and service of their product controlled by their largest competitor.

I do know that HH looks like it will be using a temp agency to actually hire people who handle Futaba now. This indicates to me that they have no long term commitment to Futaba. Otherwise I would have thought that those people would be offered jobs as actual HH employees.
Apr 04, 2018, 09:03 AM
That's not the reason at all, Bill. EVERYBODY is going through the same process over there. It's a normal process in this sort of acquisition.

Andy
Apr 04, 2018, 09:04 AM
AKA 8178 - MIke Dailey
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Plus Hitec, plus Flysky.

Andy
Thanks. Didn't see that on your website.

Mike
Apr 04, 2018, 09:41 AM
Team Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
That's not the reason at all, Bill. EVERYBODY is going through the same process over there. It's a normal process in this sort of acquisition.

Andy
Okay. I guess the proof will be in the pudding as they say.
Apr 04, 2018, 09:50 AM
As soon as a contract is negotiated with whomever, I'm sure their marketing people will be all over it.

Andy
Apr 04, 2018, 09:52 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
One thing to note is that the distribution arm of Hobbico is United Model, which is not included in the HH sale.

Quick Reply