This thread is privately moderated by wamsy55, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 04, 2018, 04:20 PM
Fly Low
Thread OP
Discussion

Measuring the G Forces of a 3D Airplane!

How Many G Forces Can Radio Controlled Airplane Pull? Part 1: First Attempt. (5 min 30 sec)

to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2018, 08:00 PM
Jus 1 more plane is all I need
Cool video. I see you're running a Jeti radio. I just learned that the new Jeti Assist receivers log g-forces. I'm going to fly a new Assist receiver in my EF 64" MXS tomorrow. I'll log the telemetry to see what it says and report back.
Richard
May 05, 2018, 10:54 PM
Fly Low
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashVegas
Cool video. I see you're running a Jeti radio. I just learned that the new Jeti Assist receivers log g-forces. I'm going to fly a new Assist receiver in my EF 64" MXS tomorrow. I'll log the telemetry to see what it says and report back.
Richard
Please let me know.

I need to order the smaller board for the Arduino to get some real results. Going to wait until after I move for part 2
May 09, 2018, 02:38 PM

G Forces

Here are the telemetry readings from my EF 64" MXS. I believe the 8.69 reading was from a very long, extended knife edge spin.
Last edited by NashVegas; May 09, 2018 at 02:45 PM.
May 09, 2018, 02:44 PM

74" Slick

Here are three flights from my EF 74" Slick. Keeping in mind I just realized that these readings were available, and wasn't trying to push the envelope, just varied flights. Kinda wish I didn't know this existed now LOL.
May 09, 2018, 02:45 PM
Fly Low
Thread OP
8.69 is now the number to beat 😅😂
May 21, 2018, 06:29 PM
hey! I recently measured 9.8 on my 60 Extra. Beat that you guys!!!

thanks for posting Wamsy!
May 22, 2018, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobRc
hey! I recently measured 9.8 on my 60 Extra. Beat that you guys!!!

thanks for posting Wamsy!
LOL! Pictures are required to knock a guy off the hill
May 22, 2018, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashVegas
LOL! Pictures are required to knock a guy off the hill
You got me! But thats actually a good thing in this case. I saw 9.8 yesterday but for some reason the log file did not get recorded yesterday, need to double check settings in the radio. Sometimes its an issue if I remove the radio batt and the date gets messed up. So your challenge has helped uncover this issue, i will fix it for the next trip.

But to save face, here is a 9.21 on my 60 Edge. I am still knocking people off the hill

Edit: found the cause for yesterday’s telemetry gap. Unless you manually turn telemetry on, it is auto triggered by physical or logical switch for timer. My timer logical switch was off in my new radio config. Thanks for the dare, helped me fix a gap. But 9.21 to beat, even without going thru my historical logs
Last edited by NoobRc; May 22, 2018 at 06:37 AM.
May 23, 2018, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobRc
You got me! But thats actually a good thing in this case. I saw 9.8 yesterday but for some reason the log file did not get recorded yesterday, need to double check settings in the radio. Sometimes its an issue if I remove the radio batt and the date gets messed up. So your challenge has helped uncover this issue, i will fix it for the next trip.

But to save face, here is a 9.21 on my 60 Edge. I am still knocking people off the hill

Edit: found the cause for yesterday’s telemetry gap. Unless you manually turn telemetry on, it is auto triggered by physical or logical switch for timer. My timer logical switch was off in my new radio config. Thanks for the dare, helped me fix a gap. But 9.21 to beat, even without going thru my historical logs
Very nice radio! I'd upgrade if I could only stop buying planes

Okay, the bar has been raised!
Jun 06, 2018, 06:51 AM
Posting for science. Not a record here is a graph of a flight on my Extreme flight 88 Edge. I didn't even know it was logging G's until I read it here. this weekend I'll try to see what the G forces are on specific maneuvers.
Jun 06, 2018, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR_BOONE
Posting for science. Not a record here is a graph of a flight on my Extreme flight 88 Edge. I didn't even know it was logging G's until I read it here. this weekend I'll try to see what the G forces are on specific maneuvers.
Thanks for sharing... will be interesting to see the impact of different maneuvers for sure. Next time, I will try to have another pilot jot down when exactly I did what during the flight.
Jun 06, 2018, 07:25 AM
I sent an email to esprit asking this:

On the new assist receivers there is a logging option for G force. Can you tell me what axis is logging and why all of the numbers are positive? or give me a link to a forum explaining it.
Just curious.

David Boone
Tulsa, OK

their response was:

Hi,

That part has not been activated yet, there is also locked Vario.

Jeti is planning on feature unlock over the summer.

Thanks

Zb

I'm not sure what that means but our measurements may not be accurate on the assist receivers.

David
Jun 06, 2018, 06:09 PM
Fly Low
Thread OP
Yea that is interesting because the axis is very important. At least when experimenting with manuevers.

Quick Reply