Mar 17, 2018, 12:44 PM
Today I'll be replacing the main shaft bearings. Spirit vib test showing over 90 for the main rotor. I'm also switching from deans to xt30 and using the mounting block for the xt30 from Lynx.

One of these
to remove ads between posts
Mar 17, 2018, 01:37 PM

Vibrations

I have been having main shaft vibrations with the Qube Head ,all the blades match in weight,but when you tilt the heli on itís side one blade always goes down.Going to make a bearing holder so I can balance as a complete assembly,I think the tail also has the same problem.I weigh each blade grip and they weigh the same so should be in balance.Never had this kind of problem on my other brand heliís.Forza,Beam.The parts look quality but seem to have missed the perfect mark.
Mar 17, 2018, 02:01 PM
I went through mine, only two blades though. CG is the same on both blades. Blades by themselves and blades with grips are with .01 grams of each other. I've got a cheap scale but figure averaging 10 or more weights that are all within .01 or .02 grams of each other, with the majority at .01 should be good enough to say I'm balanced. I even swapped grips around to see if it made a difference and it did not.
Mar 18, 2018, 01:13 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by drparker1315
I went through mine, only two blades though. CG is the same on both blades. Blades by themselves and blades with grips are with .01 grams of each other. I've got a cheap scale but figure averaging 10 or more weights that are all within .01 or .02 grams of each other, with the majority at .01 should be good enough to say I'm balanced. I even swapped grips around to see if it made a difference and it did not.
Make sure it is not your motor shaft or magnets.

- SpekBo
Mar 18, 2018, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpekBo
Make sure it is not your motor shaft or magnets.

- SpekBo
I did reseat the pinion and pushed on all the magnets, none moved, but I have no idea. If I still get bad vibes I'll switch to a 1911 motor.
Mar 18, 2018, 11:56 AM
Slideways at warp speed.......
I have had motor bearings go bad with a noticeable vibe issue, drop the main gear and run the motor to max rpm and see if this is the issue.
Mar 18, 2018, 12:37 PM
I switched my Qube Head and swash for the two blades head,same for the tail,spent a lot of time balancing the Qube Head and tail but always get extreme vibrations on the Kbar vibs logger.Vibs are still high with the two blade head as well but it flys great.The motor/ gear noise is pretty loud on this one.
Mar 18, 2018, 02:26 PM
vib logger on bar - try a different pad underneath, maybe one of the squishy gyro go type pads.

extreme vibs - very hi frequency ??? almost always points to the motor being the culprit.

check the pinion mesh, tighter can be allot quite on some helis.
Mar 18, 2018, 03:13 PM
No go, still got vibes. Ordered 1911, needed more to get the discount so going to stretch it while I'm at it. thinking a 14 tooth pinion for 3800 to 4200 rpm?
Mar 19, 2018, 06:17 PM
my OXY 3 cube stretch........ according to the Brain telemetry file, total time is 17 hours to date.
Mar 19, 2018, 10:33 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_craig
my OXY 3 cube stretch........ according to the Brain telemetry file, total time is 17 hours to date.
Super cool man ! No matter how similar I always love staring at Oxy pictures LOL .

- SpekBo
Mar 19, 2018, 11:02 PM
yup, such an awesome piece of gear.............. I like drparker1315 front mounted battery plug, nice and tidy will be doing same for the Blue plugs.
Mar 20, 2018, 12:06 PM
I just paid grand total of $3.95 for 6 pairs of Tarot 195mm main blades and 16 pairs of Tarot 250 tail blades for my Oxy2. This works out to $0.237 for a pair of main blades and $0.158 for a pair of tail blades.

I am buying direct from the Tarot factory via Taobao. Of course the shipping costs will be much more than the price of the products. I know the tail blades will work as I have used Align 250 tail blades before.
Mar 20, 2018, 08:55 PM
Tail / boom comparison, my Lynx 300XL 275mm stretch setup (still being finished) vs the Oxy 3 cube 285mm tail

looking forward to flying both !
Mar 20, 2018, 10:41 PM
you can see the design progression from the Lynx 300XL / DFC head through to the OXY 3 setup nicely comparing the two birds.

the OXY came with 8 x 4S 1300 batteries so with setup the 300XL on 4S as well ! gotta keep the head speed down on that one so going to be pretty small on the pinion - 9 T most probably !!

Would like to acquire a lynx 300X CF frame at some stage but have totally spent this years totally heli budget already and then some.............

Quick Reply