This thread is privately moderated by Bill Glover, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 08, 2018, 05:10 PM
ab amicis auxilio parvulo
[QUOTE=Bill Glover;39301003]I'm using an X9D Taranis - my issue is not poor range but dropouts at relatively short range (usually in the same room). E.g.

So is this video footage of dropouts prior to making the change in antenna location?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 09, 2018, 06:28 AM
Thread OP
Yes. I flew 3 flights after making the change (same environment), with no dropouts at all. Not exactly conclusive proof, but looking hopeful.

The mod. is simple - just a hole drilled through the bottom corner of the camera mount. The antenna is supported then ... no strain is placed on the joint to the board if/when it gets bent.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
May 29, 2018, 03:00 PM

Dropouts

Bill, I think I am getting similar dropouts but mine happens right after hitting throttle upon arming. The blue LED on the board blinks until I disarm and rearm. I sometimes see all the lights flash just like when you turn on the qx65 without the transmitter on. Everything was working fine the first week I had the quad. I'd like to try moving the antenna, but I can't see the images you posted. Do you have a link to see how you did that? Thanks in advance.
May 29, 2018, 05:24 PM
Thread OP
Here's the revised location I'm using:

The other position that's working well for me on another whoop is with the antenna running horizontally forward from the board, between the front motor ducts.
Jul 01, 2018, 03:33 AM

Dropouts resolved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Here's the revised location I'm using:

The other position that's working well for me on another whoop is with the antenna running horizontally forward from the board, between the front motor ducts.
Hi Bill.. i just got my QX65 this weekend and have had about 12 flights so far.
Also having the dropout issues you mention here and in the eachine qx65 thread.
Thanks for the pointer above on the antenna mod. Was wondering is it going so far? Have you experienced anymore dropouts ?
Also, i thought i read something about how adding a capacitor helps the dropout issue? Have u tried this or any knowledge about it?

Thanks
Colin
Jul 01, 2018, 03:56 AM
Thread OP
All was good for me after moving the antenna, I've not had to do anything else.

On one of my other whoops the best antenna position is horizontal, running straight forward from the FC board (with a tiny bit of tape holding it to the inside of the front right motor duct). So it's worth experimenting.
Jul 01, 2018, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
All was good for me after moving the antenna, I've not had to do anything else.

On one of my other whoops the best antenna position is horizontal, running straight forward from the FC board (with a tiny bit of tape holding it to the inside of the front right motor duct). So it's worth experimenting.
thanks.. will try that out

Quick Reply