Binding Left in During Flight - RC Groups
Mar 01, 2018, 01:34 PM
Marion
Question

Binding Left in During Flight

Does leaving the binding plug in the receiver cause problems during flight? My friend keeps losing bind when changing flight batteries. His solution was to leave the binding plug in the receiver, and rebind after each batter swap. That means he is flying with the binding plug still in the receiver. So, does that cause flight problems. ?

Don't ask why he doesn't doesn't do it "right". It is a really long story :-(

TIA

Marion
Last edited by Marion; Mar 01, 2018 at 01:36 PM. Reason: typo
to remove ads between posts
Mar 01, 2018, 01:36 PM
If he ever experiences a brown-out in flight (momentary low voltage, usually caused by poor BEC-to-servo-power match) then the receiver will go into bind mode in the air, and his model will crash.

He should send his receiver and transmitter for Service to review.

Andy
Mar 01, 2018, 01:40 PM
Marion
Thanks Andy. I think I knew that. He is having some memory problems. He had this identical problem before and can't remember it. :-( :-( Is there, or are there, other problems as well??
I'll pass along your comments.
Mar 01, 2018, 02:15 PM
Rx / Tx should not lose the bind on a power cycle unless something is wrong with either Tx or Rx. He should get this fixed - and he should not fly with the bind plug attached.

Quick Reply