Mar 01, 2018, 02:40 AM
slats move, slots don't
Thread OP
New Product

H-King Focke-Wulf FW-190 1200mm

H-King Focke-Wulf Fw-190 1200mm (47.2") EPO (PnF)

H-King Focke-Wulf FW-190 1200mm (47.2") EPO (PnF) - HobbyKing Super Daily (2 min 12 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Mar 01, 2018, 03:56 AM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
Looks like the dynam one to me!!
With added gear doors.

LURCH
Latest blog entry: Compulsory Reading!!
Mar 01, 2018, 06:05 AM
You need glasses lurch
Mar 01, 2018, 06:36 AM
Yes another Spitfire
That's the Top RC 190. I had one ages ago

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-FW-190-1200mm
Mar 01, 2018, 03:30 PM
Suspended Account
Yep its Stubby that everyone knows on Rcgroups
Mar 01, 2018, 03:31 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz101
Looks like the dynam one to me!!
With added gear doors.

LURCH
Your way off
Mar 01, 2018, 04:35 PM
That will simply buff out
Hobby King used to sell this about 5 years ago - hardly "new"
Mar 01, 2018, 11:25 PM
ɹǝʎןℲ ǝıssn∀
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey 68
Your way off
Sorry Mr Perfect!!
And you're never wrong!!
wit.
Latest blog entry: Compulsory Reading!!
Mar 02, 2018, 12:17 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz101
Sorry Mr Perfect!!
And you're never wrong!!
wit.
You get on me but not the guy that said you need glasses , dumb
Mar 02, 2018, 08:56 PM
That short LG is hard to over look. I get it, better for grass ops and such. Just makes it look cheesy.
Mar 02, 2018, 09:16 PM
I wouldn’t give $50 for it, where do I start. The gear, hideous, and the general fuselage shape, horrid. What a train wreck.
Latest blog entry: Testing the blog page
Mar 03, 2018, 04:56 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
You guys are probably too young to remember a show called “Fanstasy Island” they had a short guy on the show called “ Tatoo” he was a defined at that time as a “midget” today we say “ little people”
When the plane would arrive with new guest on the Island Tatoo would shout “ da plane boss, da plane” while pointing at the arriving plane ! I don’t think anyone will be shouting about the arrival of this model lol !
This plane reminds me of a “ little people plane” lol !
I love the video commentary on “ the astute will notice the short gear” I think that Stevie Wonder would notice the short gear and the wrong angle lol ! No offense Andy , simple humor added to a humorous looking small model .

Its one thing for the gear to be short but its actually angled outward vs any resemblance of an FW with its menacing inward gear angle.
What a far cry from the really great Fw190 1700 release from Hobby King a few years back !
In closing I really love Hobby King as a supplier but recent WW2 releases have left a lot to be desired.
Mar 03, 2018, 05:21 AM
With that stance why even do sequence gear doors? People will most likely want to change LG stance first. Which means most likely the doors will be scrapped. So adding doors just seems like a waste. I mean go through all the trouble designing that into the plane only to then make the most none scale looking landing gear. Just a odd decision but I guess that was a compromise and risk HK was willing to make and take.
Last edited by Deacono; Mar 03, 2018 at 05:41 AM.
Mar 03, 2018, 01:21 PM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
+++1 agree 100%
Nov 11, 2018, 08:30 PM
Khellio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm
You guys are probably too young to remember a show called “Fanstasy Island” they had a short guy on the show called “ Tatoo” he was a defined at that time as a “midget” today we say “ little people”
When the plane would arrive with new guest on the Island Tatoo would shout “ da plane boss, da plane” while pointing at the arriving plane ! I don’t think anyone will be shouting about the arrival of this model lol !
This plane reminds me of a “ little people plane” lol !
I love the video commentary on “ the astute will notice the short gear” I think that Stevie Wonder would notice the short gear and the wrong angle lol ! No offense Andy , simple humor added to a humorous looking small model .

Its one thing for the gear to be short but its actually angled outward vs any resemblance of an FW with its menacing inward gear angle.
What a far cry from the really great Fw190 1700 release from Hobby King a few years back !
In closing I really love Hobby King as a supplier but recent WW2 releases have left a lot to be desired.
I bought one of these recently thinking its exactly the same as the Top RC version.
Its not!
For one thing, the wings are solid color and not camo like the Top RC version.
There is also a single servo mounted in the center of the wing with rods operating the landing gear. (Very Tacky)
The Top RC has 2 separate retracts.

In addition, I can find no evidence of an internal wing spar using a magnet on the top of the wing.
The Top RC version has a steel one.
This is of great concern to me because I had one a few years ago which had the wing snap in half during a mild aileron turn during it's maiden.
On inspection there was no internal wing spar and the 2 sections of wing were merely glued together with the minutest bit of glue which only touched both surfaces in around 3 small spots..
The wing simply snapped tearing the foam away from the screws.
I haven't flown this yet and I'm sorry I didn't do more research before I bought it.
Now I'm seriously thinking about buying a genuine TOP RC wing for it in the hope that it will fit before I even fly it.
Does anyone know if the wings are compatible?

Quick Reply