Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 28, 2018, 11:55 PM
Question

heavy-metal biplane

Hi Jim, I built a 1/5 scale Fokker DVII a few years ago and went nuts with detailing. Everything to scale including metal wire cross-bracing
in fuzz. Anyway, way to much metal to keep a 2.4 GHz RX happy. It is now gathering dust in a corner.

Thinking of putting an X10 in the fuzz and a nano in each wing tip .
The problem is that the servo leads for the ailerons each run up in one of the struts. Way too far advanced to consider adding an
extra lead somewhere. There is Just enough room for the twisted servo lead which I now consider using as the nanon-X10 Xtreme2 protocol.
So I have no power or signal to the aileron servos.

Would the following work?
set the nanos as redundant.
set both nanos in xtreme2.
use xdp to remap both nanos from channels 14 and 15 to channels 3 and 4. Is that possible?
If yes, then plug the left aileron servo in channel 3 of left wing nano and right servo in channel 4 of right wing nano.

Question; servo power would come in through channel 6 twisted cable, would that interfere with the Xtreme2 protocol?
would a ferrite ring on the servo leads help?
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply