Apr 12, 2018, 08:06 AM
I wish someone involved in this project would give us a narrower price band.
10 to 250$ is weird, to say the least.

How about a release update? It's been so long since they announced it. A month at most, 2 months at most, it's in pre-beta, it's ready to manufacture, give us something damn it.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2018, 08:25 AM
Team Warpsquad
This was posted a couple day's ago

Quote:
Looks like a news update is required :-).
So behind the scenes we have been moving mountains to get this product out ASAP. It actually looks extremely good, and we are days away from getting the first production units out to selected test pilots.
Production (especially in China) is always a little unpredictable, especially when some complex plastic designs, strict RF requirements, etc. are involved.
So for the folks asking whether this is 'just another diversity receiver'.. hell no :-), if it was, we would have been shipping 2 years ago. It is much more than that. For the guys who fly in areas with a lot of multi-pathing (like most indoor events), it makes a 'traditional diversity' look pretty sad.
To quote the owner of FatShark, when he first used the rapidfire to fly around the factory (lots of metal) "This makes FPV fun again"... that was our goal, and to do it for a price that doesn't break the bank.
For the tech-heads, and to illustrate the challenge of producing this product, the rapidfire board (the brains of the google module) fits 90 surface-mount components in a 19mm x 19mm space. 19 of these components are integrated circuits :-).
So the wait is almost over, thanks to everyone who is hanging in there waiting for this product. You won't be disappointed.
Apr 12, 2018, 10:11 AM
Thank you Mr. Aaron !
Was this message posted privately, maybe to those who pre-ordered ? Because I can't find any part of it with Google
Apr 12, 2018, 10:24 AM
Team Warpsquad
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatevero
Thank you Mr. Aaron !
Was this message posted privately, maybe to those who pre-ordered ? Because I can't find any part of it with Google
Whoops forgot to mention it, that comment was posted on immersions facebook
Apr 12, 2018, 11:52 AM
So did you preorder? Any idea if the extra 20$ is the shipping of the product, or some other fee? I'm from Europe.
Apr 13, 2018, 04:29 AM
The posted some follow up comments:
Quote:
For outdoor flight it has advantages close-in, where multipathing is more of a problem, and also for long range.
I spent most of the last weekend testing the module with a spironet omni, and a spironet 8dBi patch. Several flights out to 4km with a 6" quad, at low altitude, testing performance out of LOS.
Ok, I am very biased, but I can't imagine flying with anything else in the future :-)
Apr 13, 2018, 05:25 AM
OK. I paid them. You can all laugh now.
Apr 18, 2018, 05:59 PM
uh oh
Apr 19, 2018, 12:30 PM
I feel so old. Where did you find this?
Apr 20, 2018, 07:41 AM
On Facebook. Nothing since that last communication. I'm starting to be suspicious. They announce it after the Clearview module started selling. Now it's delayed after the Clearview gets recalled and delayed. Then you go to the quadlab.io and it has been 80% sold out for 4 weeks now. How many preorders are there if it gets to 80% almost instantly but doesn't finish in several weeks.
Apr 20, 2018, 08:49 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe 182
On Facebook. Nothing since that last communication. I'm starting to be suspicious. They announce it after the Clearview module started selling. Now it's delayed after the Clearview gets recalled and delayed. Then you go to the quadlab.io and it has been 80% sold out for 4 weeks now. How many preorders are there if it gets to 80% almost instantly but doesn't finish in several weeks.

No one has one yet..all those are fakers!
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Apr 20, 2018, 09:59 AM
why pay them when they dont even have the ETA of their product? they are just taking our money to fund their purchases to get the stock in.....
Apr 21, 2018, 02:40 AM
On 10 of April they said they are days away, but I admit, days can be 2 to infinity.

This is my first build, and all my components arrived. It is entirely my fault, I know, but this looked too good to pass so I ordered the Rapidfire. I also ordered the FG01 goggles, which don't come with a module...

I'll spend some time on a simulator, and I know there's LOS, but it get's boring pretty fast.
I want the real thing...
Apr 25, 2018, 03:55 PM
Looks like it's going to be $150. Not bad if it can rival the ClearView.
Apr 25, 2018, 04:33 PM
A little pricey but a lot more affordable than the clearview. If it lives up to the hype it might be worth it.

Quick Reply